• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
cool.

Just noticed I dont have a 2d/3d tab in the latest version, but there is something that says "always 3d clocks" I guess I just enable that right?

23743564651_4a3573c5fa_b.jpg

Good spot. I've not tried using that so see if it works otherwise use the method above.

Thanks AMDMatt :)

My CF all seems to be working fine now so currently I don't seem to have any real issues ... I do have a question about Enabling CF in the options screen the tick box " Enable AMD Crossfire for DX 9/10/11 etc keeps loosing the tick as does the Show AMD CrossFire Icon box is this correct ??

Cool. :cool:

Associate
I understand the frustration, it's out of my hands though.

I have a temporary workaround for the clock fluctuation issue above which works.
Yeah no worries, as i say not aimed at you just the frustration of the situation when invested in the product with significant costs.

Soldato
Good job AMD, I'm very much liking the much more frequent driver releases :)

These 15.12 drivers seem to run very well so far with my 390X/XL2730Z combo, 1440P @144Hz. I'll do more testing this weekend, though at the moment I've been able to run 2D clock speeds and not get any black screen problems.

Big thumbs up.

Associate
I'm going to give this clock blocking....yes I did say clock and not something else, a go tomorrow. Fed up with my clocks dropping all the time.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=404465

I tried that tool today and it's working fine. I've been having some issues in GTA V and fallout 4 with my Sapphire Fury, mostly some minor stuttering and FPS drops. But with the "clockblocker" enabled it's very smooth, not a single hickup.

I'm so happy now, I actually thought about changing teams again. :D

So I guess raw power is the way to go, forget about power saving crap.. :p

Permabanned
I've being trying the new Crimson 11.12 drivers while playing Stalker Call of Pripyat and my core clocks have increased from an unplayable 3 to 4 hundred with sub 30 fps to being in the high 8's and 9's which has put the fps back beyond 60 or so which is great news, I did a 10 minute dash (car theft & chase) in GTAV and the white screen wasn't there either so thanks for the input on how to solve it. It's good to know someone gaf. :rolleyes:

Associate
Installed 15.12 drivers last night but havent had chance to test them. Not had any issues with new Crimson drivers to be honest (Not that I have noticed anyway) but I dont have any of the newer games yet although my lad has FO4 and JC3 and BLOPS3 all running on a 280X at 1080P with no issues at all. Not sure what drivers he's running though, I'll find out.

I would just like to say a big thank you to AMDMatt for taking the flak and offering his help in these threads as it seems to be bearing fruit. It's not easy to fix things under so much pressure and scrutiny, so your workarounds and help are very much appreciated.

It seems ironic that when the **** hits the fan with Nvidia drivers, Nvidia don't seem to get as much stick as AMD and Nvidia Reps seem thin on the ground (I have never seen one). I guess that's down to the climate around here though. Again it's nice to see Matt and Joe still popping up to help when under fire.

Cheers Guys
:D

Soldato
Let me know, I've got the same issue as you, and cant really be bothered to do it again if its not going to work...

Short version: Still doesn't work

Long version:

This was the procedure I did and got some success but ultimately ended up the same as the other versions.

Uninstalled Afterburner/Riva stats (As it was on my list of things to update)
Express unistall all AMD software (AMD install manager)
Restart
Install latest crimson
Restart
Shutdown + restart

Yay into windows for the first time with crimson!

Install Afterburner 4.2
Shutdown + restart

Back into windows, Hurrah!!

Apply known stable overclock (1100/1400)

Shutdown + Restart
Blackscreen after splash screen!!!!

DAMN! System unrecoverable at this point, uninstall Afterburner in safe mode try and restart etc but cant get past splash screen

Run DDU
Installl catalyst 15.11
Install AB
Apply overclock

Happy stable system again!!!

Associate
Are hotkeys back in this new 15.12 driver? I need an easy way to switch between Eyefinity and single monitor mode at the desktop and luckily i'm still able to do this while using Catalyst Control Centre (i've been avoiding Crimson so far because of hotkey removal).

Soldato
Having the same issues again as most seem to be with latest drivers, system doesn't boot up after install, restarting fixes this.

Clocks bouncing again in all games I've played, only way to fix it is to disable Freesync.

Back to Beta drivers then....

Permabanned
I'm glad I haven't bought a sync monitor yet.

The 11.12's have solved my clocks in Stalker, Not sure why I'm pretty sure they haven't done anything specifically for that.

There's still issues like Telltales Game of Thrones being borked with heavy black outlines which is annoying as I bought it on release for twenty quid, played episodes 1 to 5 with no issues but by the time 6 got released it's broken for AMD, I spent a couple of hours in episode 6 last night and with multiple characters on the screen the black lines are so prominent that you cannot recognise people by there faces.
Upping the resolution makes the lines thinner/less prominent but you still cant see who's who when there's a bunch of them on screen so it is broken yet it's ignored.

And yes it's been reported several times by me over the months since episode 6 released.

Caporegime
OP
thats definitely sorted out my clocks mate, solid now.

Tony can you try running Star Wars Battlefront with CrossFire enabled without MSI Afterburner running. Someone on the AMD Forums mentioned that disabling afterburner fixed it for them. I find this hard to believe and suspect it's an isolated case, but if you get a moment try it out please.

Also, where do you see the option Always run 3D clocks? I can't seem to find it in the Fury GPU Tweak. Wondering if this may only be applicable to 3xx/2xx series GPU's.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm glad I haven't bought a sync monitor yet.

The 11.12's have solved my clocks in Stalker, Not sure why I'm pretty sure they haven't done anything specifically for that.

There's still issues like Telltales Game of Thrones being borked with heavy black outlines which is annoying as I bought it on release for twenty quid, played episodes 1 to 5 with no issues but by the time 6 got released it's broken for AMD, I spent a couple of hours in episode 6 last night and with multiple characters on the screen the black lines are so prominent that you cannot recognise people by there faces.
Upping the resolution makes the lines thinner/less prominent but you still cant see who's who when there's a bunch of them on screen so it is broken yet it's ignored.

And yes it's been reported several times by me over the months since episode 6 released.

You sure :p

Back
Top Bottom