• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Have the bouncing clocks issue been fixed in this driver Matt?

That issue is still under investigation.
Not aimed at you directly Matt but that's poor. How the heck did such poor inconsistent drivers get out of the door never mind WHQL'd.

Rather than pull the entire abomination AMD rather than lose face after the fan-fair of Crimson plod along with them while they're useless for many users. Users that end up playing the driver un-install / re-install game over and over again to see what broke this time. Then having to rely on community coders (clockblock) put a sticking plaster on the poor work of the driver team.

Permabanned
Caporegime
OP
I'm going to give this clock blocking....yes I did say clock and not something else, a go tomorrow. Fed up with my clocks dropping all the time.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=404465

Contrary to what was said by someone else from AMD, Elite is still not fixed. I read elsewhere, that the new driver was going to resolve it. This is getting silly now.

Taking it's toll on me too:(

Clock fluctuation and Elite are both under investigation, so they should get fixed. I can offer some suggestions for workarounds for both issues.

Clock Fluctuation:

Download GPU Tweak
  • Navigate to Professional Mode
  • Click 2D
  • Set 2D clock to 3D clock value - Click apply
  • No more clock fluctuation
Click default to restore regular 2D clocks

yEMwbEw.jpg

Elite Dangerous Supercruise Mode:

Try placing the 15.6 DLL files in the Elite Dangerous folder, this should resolve the issue and allow you to keep using the Crimson drivers in other games. Additionally, you can try installing Catalyst 15.6 driver which does not have the issue.

Link
Source

Cv8AGH5.png
[/img]

I don't have Elite, but in the example below i placed the DLL's in the GTA V directory.

fp6VUOT.jpg

Not aimed at you directly Matt but that's poor. How the heck did such poor inconsistent drivers get out of the door never mind WHQL'd.

Rather than pull the entire abomination AMD rather than lose face after the fan-fair of Crimson plod along with them while they're useless for many users. Users that end up playing the driver un-install / re-install game over and over again to see what broke this time. Then having to rely on community coders (clockblock) put a sticking plaster on the poor work of the driver team.

I understand the frustration, it's out of my hands though.

I have a temporary workaround for the clock fluctuation issue above which works.

Last edited:
Soldato
my core clocks were bouncing around all over the place.

i had this issue with my 390, had to take it out before testing earlier drivers but someone suggested 15.11.1 to me so when Christmas comes ill be installing my 390 with them drivers to test further.

on csgo my core clock was going as low as 500mhz up to a mac of 880mhz where the default clock is 1010mhz.

when this dropped to 500mhz my fps was sitting at 120 in csgo and thought that this was strange for a 390 and csgo! lol

edit....just saw AMDmatts suggestion so can give that a try as well. :)

Last edited:
I already use 15.6 for Elite in Windows 10 which installs without any need for the suggestions made. I'm not going to be messing around with the DLL files, I just won't play any newer games. I can't play Just Cause 3 as it's a stuttery mess with this driver.

Let me know, I've got the same issue as you, and cant really be bothered to do it again if its not going to work...

Try running DDU before you install.

Associate
Matt I'll either tweet you my results with Fo4 if its fixed crashing which happened in 15.10s for me fixed in 15.11s; and then came back in 15.11.1s :D seems far more stable so far for me..but only had small chance to play with them lastnight after I installed them.

Soldato
Clock fluctuation and Elite are both under investigation, so they should get fixed. I can offer some suggestions for workarounds for both issues.

Clock Fluctuation:

Download GPU Tweak
  • Navigate to Professional Mode
  • Click 2D
  • Set 2D clock to 3D clock value - Click apply
  • No more clock fluctuation
Click default to restore regular 2D clocks

yEMwbEw.jpg

Elite Dangerous Supercruise Mode:

Try placing the 15.6 DLL files in the Elite Dangerous folder, this should resolve the issue and allow you to keep using the Crimson drivers in other games. Additionally, you can try installing Catalyst 15.6 driver which does not have the issue.

Link
Source

Cv8AGH5.png
[/img]

I don't have Elite, but in the example below i placed the DLL's in the GTA V directory.

fp6VUOT.jpg

I understand the frustration, it's out of my hands though.

I have a temporary workaround for the clock fluctuation issue above which works.

Matt, wont installing this program stop the core and mem clocks throttling to 300mhz and 150mhz respectively on the desktop when they are not being used?

thx

Caporegime
OP
Matt, wont installing this program stop the core and mem clocks throttling to 300mhz and 150mhz respectively on the desktop when they are not being used?

thx

Yes, that's why i said click default (the option appears in GPUTweak after adjusting the 2D clocks) to restore 2D clocks. It's a couple of extra clicks, but it allows you to use Crimson and overcome this particular issue - until it's fixed in a future Crimson driver.

Soldato
Yes, that's why i said click default (the option appears in GPUTweak after adjusting the 2D clocks) to restore 2D clocks. It's a couple of extra clicks, but it allows you to use Crimson and overcome this particular issue - until it's fixed in a future Crimson driver.

ok yep understand. Can this program run alongside MSI AB as well at the same time?

Caporegime
OP
So I have installed the new version and this is what my GPU's do in AB running the Heaven Benchmark

It's perfectly normal, gpu usage should fluctuate.

However if you want to a more consistent GPU usage reading then tick Enable Unified GPU Usage Monitoring.

wiFDgvP.jpg

ok yep understand. Can this program run alongside MSI AB as well at the same time?

Yes, tested by myself. Just use AB for fan/clock speeds.

Associate
Thanks AMDMatt :)

My CF all seems to be working fine now so currently I don't seem to have any real issues ... I do have a question about Enabling CF in the options screen the tick box " Enable AMD Crossfire for DX 9/10/11 etc keeps loosing the tick as does the Show AMD CrossFire Icon box is this correct ??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom