• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
You created custom profiles?

I didn't create any custom profiles ...

have you tried removing AB? I did and I am using Asus GPU Tweak now.
I have sorted the flickering in games, by making the 2D clock speeds same as the 3D speeds. However there is flickering still on desktop when I alt tab (and only then)

However latest Crimson are working ok. (with the above changes ofc)

I did remove AB but i am on the pre crimson drivers atm and all seems to be ok as they dont seem to have the yo yo gpu usage issue i was seeing in crimson :(

I really do hope AMD sort that one out soon ....

Soldato
Have they released an elite profile yet?

I was playing last night and I had left crossfire on by accident as I was playing something else the day before, I had AB open but wasn't really paying attention to it. I had a glance when docked and say it was sat at 144fps and not dropping, I flew about and again, no dip from 144. Both cards sitting at 42% usage, max on the core and memory.

It seemed to be working! I disabled it to see if I was going mad and it was definitely working. I tried to get a screenshot with AB in but steam wasn't having it.

Soldato
Any idea on what Crimson game profiles do when a game is installed twice on a machine?

"Profile properties" specifically links to one install.

Edit: So it looks like I have to "add" the exe for the install I want to use in Crimson, then check the profile options.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Any chance of the grass/trees being fixed in Dirt Rally, as its just a pixelated flickering mess, its like im having a seizure while playing, yet its fine on Nvidia cards, which is funny tbh, seen as its an AMD Gaming Evolved title.

Caporegime
drt_2015_12_16_15_09_07_968.jpg

Terrible in motion, all flickering like buggery, its a pixelated mess :(

Big thread here with better screenies.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/1/611704730327812548/#p6

Its the trees as well.

Last edited:
Associate
DR same issue using no AA / MSAA, a hint of a mesh in distant trees at speed but get better the closer slower you are. Upping the x8x16 @ 1440p (too much video memory for 4k) and the problem disappears.

Soldato
Just had a couple of messages from my son about graphical issues while playing GTA - he's sent me this to show the issue:

GTAV_zpszbqkpfwl.jpg

I've suggested to him the usual - rebooting, trying different settings in GTA for shadows - and he says he's already tried that. I won't be home until late this evening and don't really want to try to talk him through installing older drivers (although he's 17 and considers himself an epic PC gamer, he's got NO interest in how a PC works or how to troubleshoot issues) - anyone seen this before and got any suggestions I can ping over to him so I stop his whining and get back to work? :D

He's playing on my PC (as in signature) and I'm on the latest 15.11.1 Crimsons.

Caporegime
OP
Just had a couple of messages from my son about graphical issues while playing GTA - he's sent me this to show the issue:

GTAV_zpszbqkpfwl.jpg

I've suggested to him the usual - rebooting, trying different settings in GTA for shadows - and he says he's already tried that. I won't be home until late this evening and don't really want to try to talk him through installing older drivers (although he's 17 and considers himself an epic PC gamer, he's got NO interest in how a PC works or how to troubleshoot issues) - anyone seen this before and got any suggestions I can ping over to him so I stop his whining and get back to work? :D

He's playing on my PC (as in signature) and I'm on the latest 15.11.1 Crimsons.

Try this Stu, it's quick and easy.

Back
Top Bottom