• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The R9 Nano Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
:(

My EK block and the backplate were superb.

I ain't bought an EKWB product as such, I bought 2nd hand gtx 480's with them already on and look great, and this block looks great too!

Just something i wasn't expecting I suppose!

They got back to me asking for shipping details so they can send me out the screw. I've asked them the specification of the screw (or what ever it is), so I can maybe try and find one from the local shops.

Associate
so I got my nano

I noticed I wasn't getting the performance I was expecting

I check the core clock it was never hitting the 1000mhz mark

I done some reading, looked like I had to adjust the power limits

So I adjusted the power limit to +50%

then my performance increased dramatically.

My question is, will this big increase in power limit damage the card?

even in the review for the card I see the reviewer only set about 35% for overclocking.

Associate
Guys i am toying with an idea of taking the shroud of completely
Distance between bottom intake and the shroud is 25-26mm, basically just enough for a 120/140mm fan. Which would be a static fan, to break thought a filter and a bubble mesh of the case.
Can you suggest anything? I have tried akasa apache but they do not blow in to the centre but outskirts, wide. Good static pressure that blows directly in the middle would bring the temps down i recon
Please advise :)

Man of Honour
OP
Here a photo of my system

I have plenty of space so I don't think i'll run into cooling issue

kOFHzDV.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Reference, ishoeyi, Link, Date 24/02/2016
Reference, CivilDrone, Link, Date 20/02/2016
Reference, Panos, Link, Date 20/02/2016
Reference, Benny144, Link, Date 11/02/2016
Reference, Boomstick777, Link, Date 08/02/2016
Reference, Radox-0, Link, Date 13/10/2015
Reference, spikerules, Link, Date 12/10/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your R9 Nano.

Don't forget that pics wider than 1280 pixels need to go into spoiler tags.:)

Associate
Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Reference, ishoeyi, Link, Date 24/02/2016
Reference, CivilDrone, Link, Date 20/02/2016
Reference, Panos, Link, Date 20/02/2016
Reference, Benny144, Link, Date 11/02/2016
Reference, Boomstick777, Link, Date 08/02/2016
Reference, Radox-0, Link, Date 13/10/2015
Reference, spikerules, Link, Date 12/10/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your R9 Nano.

Don't forget that pics wider than 1280 pixels need to go into spoiler tags.:)

thanks for add

and post fixed.

Associate
Hi all,

I've bitten the bullet and gone for a Nano. Was just wondering how any of you have got on with watercooling. Do you have any waterblock recommendations etc? Thanks!

Soldato
Hi all,

I've bitten the bullet and gone for a Nano. Was just wondering how any of you have got on with watercooling. Do you have any waterblock recommendations etc? Thanks!

Yep gone down the watercooling route. Does wonders for the card in my opinion as it runs very quiet (Obviously) and temperatures prevent any throttling. You can also seem to eek a bit more overclocking headroom out of the card which is nice bonus.

For waterblock, I use the EK one and its doing a great job.

Caporegime
Panos, a little OT but how is the Predator running with the Nano? Running well? Does it get loud at all?

Very tempted to get one and try it with a pair of Ti's (as long as it kept them under 80c whilst being fairly quiet I'd be happy tbh!!) :)

Soldato
Panos, a little OT but how is the Predator running with the Nano? Running well? Does it get loud at all?

Very tempted to get one and try it with a pair of Ti's (as long as it kept them under 80c whilst being fairly quiet I'd be happy tbh!!) :)

Is running fine. I use the fans at 70% speed, overclocked the 4820K at 4.9Ghz and the Nano at 1100/545. Temps at worst 35C while gaming and the Nano is running at 100% load. Usually around 30C and idling at 20C.

All in all I am very happy with the Predator 360. Fantastic product.
Is huge true, but has all the benefits of a proper watercooling system (great radiator, fans, proper pump, can be refilled), the great flexibility of the plugin extensions and same cost of a "home made" system, without the hassle of leak testing etc.

Soldato
Agreed, it does seem fantastic now that they're ironing all the kinks out!!

Is it noisy at 70% fan?

Nope. Is quieter than the H100i with 2 Akasa Apaches and the 295X2 rad fan. Which was my previous setup.
According to the Sound Meter app, where I am sitting, 1.2m away from the system is only 11db.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sweet thanks, means I have a little head-room if I need it :)

Your temps are so good I think it's going to handle a 2xTi setup, and someone has gotta try it right!!! :D

Just a matter of picking up a couple of blocks now, or do I switch to a pair of Titan X's hmmmmmm ;)

Associate
All in all I am very happy with the Predator 360. Fantastic product.
Is huge true, but has all the benefits of a proper watercooling system (great radiator, fans, proper pump, can be refilled), the great flexibility of the plugin extensions and same cost of a "home made" system, without the hassle of leak testing etc.

That's interesting, I've been looking at the predator for a while, not sure the 360 would fit in my case though (phanteks enthoo evolv matx). Where did you get the prefilled block from?

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom