• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Caporegime
Wait for increased voltage control via third party applications, that will allow up to and beyond 1400Mhz. These are all using the same maximum voltage, 1.15v, as the reference models. My reference card tops out at around 1345Mhz/2250Mhz 24/7 stable.

Associate
One customer in Canada took 20 units, I am guessing a small store out there, seen a few orders from US, New Zealand, Australia and of course through Europe too. :)

Overclockers UK is known worldwide, it is great when I go Las Vegas (CES) and Taiwan (Computex) people literally will see my OcUK top and come over and say are you Overclockers UK, is it Gibbo. I am like yes and they are like yeah I see your post on the forum and hear so much about your company. Yes most the people I meet think I actually own the company, I wish I did, haha, but it is great to be part of a company that is recognised not just throughout Europe but USA and Asia too. :)

Yeah that is really cool, I only just heard of you guys a couple weeks ago when I ordered my card, but then I only really became interested in PC hardware this year. But alas I've already grown pretty fond of the community in my obsessive checks back here for news, even if you baited me into a preorder with those sneaky first few cards you had on offer that I was too late for :p , I'm sticking with you because you are cool, like me, CoolioMcCool.

Associate
my Haribo has arrived.
and someone has packed a GFX card in the box as well.
shame got to wait till this evening before i can do anything with it.

after all the waiting for the card, disappointed to only receive 1 packet of haribo though :(
Not being a haribo connoisseur, am I to assume that they taste better consumed in the evening?

OcUK Staff
OP
So when is more stock expected? 5th as I as told today or 12th as someone else has reported?

Around 50 units this Friday or next Monday, then more later that week.

AMD also inform me over 100k units of RX 480 are shipping to AIB's in the next 10-12 days, so I think by middle of August (2 weeks), we shall be in a much better position and would have cleared the majority of backorders.

Soldato
People getting their cards already, and folks in the USA getting their Powercolor Devils. I'm just sitting here eagerly awaiting OcUK to get thousands of stock so folks in the EU can get some cards as well. :|

OcUK Staff
OP
People getting their cards already, and folks in the USA getting their Powercolor Devils. I'm just sitting here eagerly awaiting OcUK to get thousands of stock so folks in the EU can get some cards as well. :|

Powercolor informed me today, no Devils have being shipped to end-users anywhere in the world, stock is still yet to leave Asia. They said the only 480 Devils shipped are to reviewers and press, as such it is those images being seen on forums.

Soldato
Powercolor informed me today, no Devils have being shipped to end-users anywhere in the world, stock is still yet to leave Asia. They said the only 480 Devils shipped are to reviewers and press, as such it is those images being seen on forums.

Any ETA on when you'll be getting them?

Also can you confirm this with PowerColor? Apparently the first batch have a faulty BIOS.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/AMD-P...Radeon-RX-480-Red-Devil-Preis-Termin-1202276/

It says users need to download and put on the correct BIOS themselves? What precausions are there for if it goes wrong?

PowerColor has us pointed out that the first batch of Radeon RX 480 Red Devil are shipped with a faulty Silent BIOS . The graphics card is accompanied by a card with a registration code for the new Devil - Club , the ( optionally via chat or contact ) shows among others a faster support with it . There you will be able to download the correct Silent BIOS

Last edited:
Caporegime

AMD also inform me over 100k units of RX 480 are shipping to AIB's in the next 10-12 days, so I think by middle of August (2 weeks), we shall be in a much better position and would have cleared the majority of backorders.

100K units? that seems like a lot of GPU's to shift.

Associate

I'm 95th in que. but not including spamazon orders. Hope!

Associate

Oh that is exciting news, I think I'm somewhere in the next 100 or so since I was told 250th. My actual number is no doubt like 54 and you will manage 53 units on Friday, but oh well still good to hear there is at least some more trickling out before the 5th.

Soldato
Wait for increased voltage control via third party applications, that will allow up to and beyond 1400Mhz. These are all using the same maximum voltage, 1.15v, as the reference models. My reference card tops out at around 1345Mhz/2250Mhz 24/7 stable.

1355/2200 here on stock volts, tested for 2 hours no crashes, no throttling on stock volts.

think imma leave it as it now.

temp maxes out at 79c with a different fan profile(on full 100% blast fan sits at 73%)

OcUK Staff
OP
To AIBs worldwide... that's not a lot at all. In fact it's a tiny amount.

100k GPUs for the entire, world-wide market...

If they shipped that amount every week, its a lot. Why do you take a number and post as if that is it?

You do realise this is a GPU manufacturer, they are constantly producing GPU's 24/7 around the clock. 100k is just for the next 10-12 days, I think if they could maintain that production and constantly sell out, well AMD would be doing very well indeed. That is just one GPU, they have others in their lineup too they are manufacturing.

Back
Top Bottom