• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Got odd vRAM reading in Win 7 -

titan2.png

Latest drivers installed, is it known bug?

Software is always getting the VRAM on Titans wrong, it is normal.:)

Man of Honour
OP
Well I have taken the plunge and moved over to the dark side from AMD Radeon.

My last Nvidia card was a GForce2 GTS back in the day, but I caved in at 22:21 on Wednesday 3rd and at 8:41 this morning it arrived.

Occuda_zpsaa2dctip.jpg

I will not have a chane to fit it until next week.

TROH here we go!

titan.png

:D :p

Run a few benchmarks, seems around 50% quicker than my 980 TI with Windforce cooler - seems to be boosting to 1911 Mhz, stock cooler is a lot QUIETER, which is big plus! Might not even bother with liquid cooling later...

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LdDula5.jpg

Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, DmitryD, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, occuda, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Kaapstad, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, whyscotty, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, waspy88, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Combat Fighter, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, danielanthony, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dshalky, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Vore, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, spiralz, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Starvald, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Cosimo, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Pascal Titan X.​

Soldato
Agree with Greebo, sometimes you just want the fastest cost be damned. Had a lot of those moments myself xD. This time though I am doing well in holding off. When a Ti or something else pops along I will pick up a used Titan XP. Looking forward to trying one of these bad boys out, will be a while for me though, Until then I will have to live vicariously through other lucky Titan XP owners :p

Nothing beats that first opening of a brand new Titan, welp.

Man of Honour
OP
Roll of Honour me Kaapstead

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LdDula5.jpg

Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, DmitryD, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, occuda, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Kaapstad, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, whyscotty, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, waspy88, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Combat Fighter, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, danielanthony, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dshalky, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Vore, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, spiralz, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Starvald, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Cosimo, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Pascal Titan X.​

Associate
Looks like I am the only one in this thread with coil whine. (Even at 60fps). Going to bench it overnight to see if I can run it in and if that fails I will be returning it, damn shame.

Associate
Looks like I am the only one in this thread with coil whine. (Even at 60fps). Going to bench it overnight to see if I can run it in and if that fails I will be returning it, damn shame.

:(

Unlucky mate, but on a positive side if it fails then it'd better fail sooner!

Soldato
Damn. Just started playing games properly this evening. I can hear coil whine from my Titan. It is a constant mild buzzing. Even if I vsync my frames to 60fps it still buzzes. This is the first time I have experienced this from a reference design card and I can clearly hear it through my case.
I will be returning for an exchange. Anyone else hear buzzing? Feel quite deflated now.

All cards will buzz a bit, but if its really high pitched and loud then that is a problem, just general buzzing is normal. I don't think you will get a silent card and I do not believe anyone who says their card is 100% silent because I have never seen one. Have had 970, 980ti, 1080... they all buzzed, worst one was the G1 970.

Last edited:
Caporegime
But still every card is 100% unplayable.

Depends on your definition of unplayable? I'm actually impressed it managed to get over 30 fps in the games.

Slap two inside your pic and tweak the gfx down slightly and you will be close to 60fps on 3 4K displays.

That's pretty damn impressiv to be honest. Would love a triple display
I,e that.

Man of Honour
OP
Depends on your definition of unplayable? I'm actually impressed it managed to get over 30 fps in the games.

Slap two inside your pic and tweak the gfx down slightly and you will be close to 60fps on 3 4K displays.

That's pretty damn impressiv to be honest. Would love a triple display
I,e that.

Sadly you could slap 4 old Maxwell TXs in and get even better results.

SOM and TR do run in 4 way SLI but not on Pascal.:(

If a game can use 3 and 4 way SLI on Maxwell why won't NVidia allow the game to do it on Pascal.

Associate

You've got me worried now! I had terrible coil whine from an old Maxwell Titan which drove me up the wall and ended up with an RMA. I haven't been able to install the new card yet, but I hope I don't get equally unlucky this time!

Associate
So I managed to play some games finally.

Witcher 3 is butter.. like vastly different to my experience on the 980ti. I think the lift of the minimum frame rates are important. As the game is beautiful now.

I did some benching, managed to get it to 1974mhz with a custom fan curve @ 72c so going to play around a bit more.

However.. given all the positives this card is bloody loud. Even in my fractal R5 it sounds like its about to start taking off and taxi off my desk.

Maybe I need a case with even better cooling?
Or maybe I need to put the unit off my desk and under my desk... coming from my 980ti Strix this is an extremely noisy card :(

Caporegime
So I managed to play some games finally.

Witcher 3 is butter.. like vastly different to my experience on the 980ti. I think the lift of the minimum frame rates are important. As the game is beautiful now.

I did some benching, managed to get it to 1974mhz with a custom fan curve @ 72c so going to play around a bit more.

However.. given all the positives this card is bloody loud. Even in my fractal R5 it sounds like its about to start taking off and taxi off my desk.

Maybe I need a case with even better cooling?
Or maybe I need to put the unit off my desk and under my desk... coming from my 980ti Strix this is an extremely noisy card :(

Can't wait to play witcher 3. I've owned it for months but my 290x just didn't cut it so my play time is 20 minutes so far lol

Back
Top Bottom