Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

Soldato
Good stuff there chilly1 er... I mean fatty1 ;) :D

Got any validated shots? What week / stepping is that FX?

Will have to have a little chat to you about some cooling for my new rig build ;)

Associate
LOL!! I'm good but I'm not that good yet!!! :)

The FX is a CABCE 0522 XPMW great chip I didn't validate it wish now I had but it wasn't realy stable at that but the world record is 4101 so I may aim for that this weekend :)

Soldato
Hehehe, time will tell matey ;) :D

Is it a 2 stager you got there? What temps you getting under load with that FX?

Whats the fastest you can run super pi 1mb at?

Good luck with the WR, looks like you got a nice clocking FX there mate...

Associate
Cheers I was benching all benchmarks at 3750 so far but ran out of time to try for higher plus I was using a crappy ide hdd but superpi 1meg at 22 someat seconds
The WR has now been set at 4200 lol so I think I will struggle
oh and under 100% load -78 evap temps but unsure what it was on the core??

Soldato
Yea, Ive seen k|ngp|n set the goal even further away now :p Damn does he pull some great WR's out of the bag. It looks to me that he aint stopping there too.

Good to see a UK guy in the 4GHz zone though.

Looks to me that you and Gray Mole have the knowledge and resources to make some very nice cooling units.

Is the IHS popped off? Getting a good contact on the cpu...

Associate
Well I'm not a big fan of the IHS popping I know it can be re attatched and that but this is still my everyday chip lol and the only one I have so I havent removed it but if I do remove it I know I will get better scores :(

Associate
My first Opteron attempt.

Seems like a decent chip. This is with the stock AMD cooler. I wish I could get MBM5 or similar to work properly to be able to show temps.CPU is 38c as we speak. Seems fine.

Will start clocking this beast properly soon, see how far it can go. What is considered 'safe' voltages and temps for the dual core opterons?

Soldato
OP
sargatanas - I'm not igonoring you but putfile is blocked from my work :(

Killajaz - 1.6v is max for dual core - according to AMD.

X2 section added. I might even add my own in there soon.:eek: Got my board and 3800 upto 276 HTT last night (stock volts) before my ram held me back, then I *think* I fubared my new 600w PSU, more testing tonight. Had a real problem getting past 215HTT before. Not bad for a Gigabyte board that isn't meant to go past 240HTT.

http://www.weescott.co.uk/overclocking_amd.asp

Associate
Sorry about these quad posts can a mod delete some don't know how this is happening...only trying to edit 1 post and this is what i got....might be the new mozilla browser i'm using as never happend before :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's been a while.
weescott-2900.JPG

My motherboard started to clock backwards when I got to 300HTT D'oh!

Associate
I'm picking up my freezer 64 pro tomorrow, don't think it will make much difference as I'm already putting my mobo's max voltage through the chip. The BIOS is displaying 1.75v but cpu-z says otherwise (1.66) any ideas, or is this just the way it goes? And will i get a better clock with a different mobo?

Back
Top Bottom