• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Gear Thread - Pics

Man of Honour
Phalanx said:
you clearly haven't lived :p
I have, trust ;)

Everyone shop that shop one has always had such an awful set up locking trem that its been unplayable. I have played an approx. £300 one and it was horrendous. Think it was a sa220fm or something. True dog of a neck!

Soldato
Hey ****! Nice one you got a keyboard :D

Yeah I don't go on MSN much anymore, will have to do though, got some new music to send you and a new bass btw for you to :rolleyes: at :)

Will speak to you soon, I'm at my parents atm for weekend work but will be back at Uni house as of Monday.

Permabanned
Nitefly said:
I have, trust ;)

Everyone shop that shop one has always had such an awful set up locking trem that its been unplayable. I have played an approx. £300 one and it was horrendous. Think it was a sa220fm or something. True dog of a neck!

yeah, I've found that both Ibanez's low range basses and guitars to be pretty terrible. I'd not go anywhere near one, once you start entering the mid range though you'll find some really nice guitars with great tone

Associate
Andelusion said:
Hey tTz! Nice one you got a keyboard

Yeah I don't go on MSN much anymore, will have to do though, got some new music to send you and a new bass btw for you to :rolleyes: at

Will speak to you soon, I'm at my parents atm for weekend work but will be back at Uni house as of Monday.

Y'know, I've forgotten the MSN-speak for :rolleyes:, it's been that long since I've had to use it on anyone. I'm going to go and refresh my memory now...

But just in case I can't find it... :rolleyes:

;)

Funny, having said all that about not seeing you on MSN, and me not going on MSN, here we both are online at the same time (although you're set to 'busy', and I'm 'out to lunch', meaning there are people I don't want to talk to).

Nitefly said:
Meh I hate you! I've always wondered what those are like to play.

I'm spectacularly failing to come up with a suitable metaphor to convey how great it is to play...suffice to say it's awesome, brilliant, and any other such words that spring to mind!

Random pic:

Associate
Heh, I'm not one of those mad-about-maple nutters, but I do like it. Might get a rosewood or ebony fretboard on a next guitar for some variety (those RGA121s are looking damned nice...). :p

Permabanned
tTz said:
Heh, I'm not one of those mad-about-maple nutters, but I do like it. Might get a rosewood or ebony fretboard on a next guitar for some variety (those RGA121s are looking damned nice...). :p

Ebony all the way, the only thing I dislike about my Yamaha is the rosewood fingerboard (i think my fretless has a very light Ebony or some weird wood which I can't remember the name of)

Associate
Phalanx said:
With my Yamaha TRB 6II
<snip>

How are you finding the TRB? I'm thinking about picking up a TRB1006 as my Tanglewood isn't really giving me the action I want. Can't seem to find an RBX-6JM for love nor money either :(

Permabanned
Leeum said:
How are you finding the TRB? I'm thinking about picking up a TRB1006 as my Tanglewood isn't really giving me the action I want. Can't seem to find an RBX-6JM for love nor money either :(

to be honest, they're amazing basses, i've played a TRB1005 and it was just as good as my TRB6II (obviously it doesn't have the nice gold hardware I have :p). I recommend you play an Ibanez 6 string though, they're also very nice basses but I find they don't have as much tonal variety as Yamahas (even though they also have a 3 band EQ).

I dislike the RBX-6JM, TRB1006s have way more tonal variety.

Also, I recommend ignoring comments about string spacing, on the TRB1006s, RBX-6JM and Ibanez 6 strings, the strings will be closer together and people will tell you that slapping will be much more difficult on it. This isn't true, you just need to practice. Fortunately I got a Yamaha TRB6II and the spacing on that is 20mm (same as 4 string).

Good luck

Associate
Mexican Fender Strat
stratkr3.jpg

Orange Crush 30r practise amp
ampud0.jpg

Boss ds-1, tu-2 and tu-6.
bossyy1.jpg

Extremely battered unknown acoustic (really not very nice to play, it'll do for now though)
acousticxw0.jpg

Roland TD-8 + PM3
drumkitrk5.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
tTz said:
tTz, how are you finding the PGM? I tried one at a guitar show and thought it was pretty good.... Anything I should be aware of?

^^ That certainly is a funky looking acoustic!

Associate
Nitefly said:
tTz, how are you finding the PGM? I tried one at a guitar show and thought it was pretty good.... Anything I should be aware of?

The PGM is brilliant, imo. It's a really bright, lively sounding guitar, so it takes a bit of work to get dark heavy metal tones out of it, if that's what you'd want it for, but once you find the right settings, it can do anything. I can put together a series of soundclips, if you'd like, showing off its sounds? There are a few on my newly completed website already, and yeah, I'm just shamelessly plugging the website with every opportunity that I get. But if you'd like a proper series of tone demonstrations, gimme a shout and I'll get right onto it. :)

Other than that, not really much negatives about it. The machineheads are really close together, which makes restringing a little fiddly, and if you happen to stab yourself with the pointy end of a string while doing said restringing, and then you bleed all over the headstock, red blood on the white paint is quite noticeable. Don't think that'll put anyone off buying one though. :p

Lack of a tone knob might annoy you, come to think of it, but I honestly never notice except when I go back to playing the RG550, and I start playing with the tone instead of the volume. :o

Si.

Si.

Soldato
After a rather brief relatioship, I've parted company with my soon to be Ebayed Epiphone Valve Jr Head and got into bed with:

mesa1.jpg

mesa2.jpg

mesa3.jpg

Mesa Boogie Custom Shop F-30 with flight case..

Soldato
My kit isnt quite as good as any of yours :p but

Les Paul (unbraned, your guess is as good as mine)
Roland DAC-15XD
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby

DSC00220%20(Small).JPG

DSC00222%20(Small).JPG

Associate
Just got a new guitar :)

Fender Stratocaster 62 reissue (CIJ)

hyster27-IMG_4112.JPG

hyster27-IMG_4116.JPG

hyster27-IMG_4118.JPG

Its one of the non-export models with an alder body and texas specials.

It probably nearly 10years since I stopped playing after a nasty broken arm, this is to inspire me back into it again, my fingers hurt :D

Back
Top Bottom