Gear Thread - Pics

Soldato
New pictars our drummer (JackgNic) took today whilst we were finishing the guitar parts off for a demo.

My JSX and Cornford RK412 cab, being mic'd with a good old SM57 :)

CornfordSM57Above993x660.jpg

CornfordSM57Floor993x660.jpg

Trusty RGA and the bottom couple of octaves of my keyboard :)

RGAFantomDark993x660.jpg

Soldato
My new (well had it a year now, but never posted an image) Shecter C1, for the price is a really lovely guitar. The feel is awesome.

img0028vy7.jpg

p.s. me playing it like :) hehe

img0083wa8.jpg

another shot.. yummy

And here is my new amp (well again a year old but never posted a pic)

img3177pw3.jpg

Says what it is really :p

Soldato
naffa said:
Gawd, I never thought about that. :( Don't know what I'd do if I couldn't play..

Same here.

I used to work in a factory where they made fluorescent light tube holders, and there was a huge machine I worked on to fold the metal. It was total overkill - absolutely huge thing. I was perpetually worried that I'd get my fingers crushed in it, as some guy had done it only a couple of months before... :(

Thankfully I didn't though! Touch wood...

Associate
I just got my hands on this.

706748453_7e48ebfa1d.jpg

I've got no idea how to play it although a video on youtube has already got my on the way to holding it sort of along the right lines and getting the mouthing right to get a pretty good sound out of it!

Currently play the bass, guitar and also the piano but to an ever deminishing extent. I always wanted to play something completely different but still cool.

Associate
Cheers.

I haven't paid anything for it.....yet.

It belongs to one of my friends who used to play years and years ago at school but ever since then it has sat under his bed. While the price hasn't been completely agreed I'll probably pay £250 - £300 for it. There is some corrosion on some parts of it but that doesn't seem to affect any of the moving parts at all. My sister who can play the sax is going to check it all first before I hand over money.

It is a Jupiter 767.

Soldato

Me cort g 250. not a fender or anything but for £90 of shelf price over the moon with it. most importantly it was the only guitar that just "felt right" when i played it

vox ad15vt

lovely amp for the money.

over the moon with both bits

Soldato
Been trawling through this thread and you all have some awesome piece(s) of kit!

Here's my very first musical instrument, when I saw this acoustic guitar I was in love, I've had it for approximately for 5/6 weeks or so.

Walk_over_the_head_of_Yamaha_by_DarkShadow_Ay.jpg

Yamaha_on_the_recliners_by_DarkShadow_Ay.jpg

6_little_bridge_pins_____by_DarkShadow_Ay.jpg

Acoustic_up_against_the_TV_by_DarkShadow_Ay.jpg

Abstract_vision_of_my_acoustic_by_DarkShadow_Ay.jpg

I love it, lots :)

Soldato
naffa said:
I can't believe how good that guitar is for ~£150.. Lower end acoustics never cease to amaze me nowadays.

Yamaha really are a cut above when it comes to the cheaper end of the market, I've played a few £400-500 guitars that don't sound as nice, really not sure how they do it to be honest, glad they do mind you :cool:

Looks nice DS :)

Soldato
Sweetloaf said:
Yamaha really are a cut above when it comes to the cheaper end of the market, I've played a few £400-500 guitars that don't sound as nice, really not sure how they do it to be honest, glad they do mind you :cool:

Looks nice DS :)

Yep they do indeed! I have a Yamaha APX-7 which are in the middle bit of the Yamaha range (~£400 I think when they were available) and it's a fantastic cutaway, really warm and deep. Yamaha acoustics are awesome, and their electrics aren't too shoddy either!

Associate
Heres my guitars,

Custom built V by Warmoth with EMG 89-81, Origonal Floyd, 24 Fret, Mahogany body w/ AAA Quilt maple veneer, Maple neck w/ ebony fretboard, ss frets, Auto trim tuners
I love this guitar :D (its a lot darker the veneer than in the pics)
dsc0142am3.jpg

dsc0145ku6.jpg

dsc0146zf4.jpg

Ibanez sz320mh w/ EMG 85-81
First proper guitar and really good quality for price
dsc0147cb2.jpg

Also a Yamaha FG730S which is amazing for £150-170

Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom