Gear Thread - Pics

Associate
Had one of these for a while mex standard then changed it for this Ash strat, now ready to buy another strat poss american hss ash strat sienna sunburst with s1 switching

PICT0200.jpg

Mystrat.jpg

this has seymour duncan pups and birdseye maple neck.

Soldato
Sweetloaf said:
Yamaha really are a cut above when it comes to the cheaper end of the market, I've played a few £400-500 guitars that don't sound as nice, really not sure how they do it to be honest, glad they do mind you :cool:

Looks nice DS :)
Thanks Sweetloaf :) I really like your I must say, what was the damage?

BeerGuzzler, I had my eyes on the 730, went for the 720, same price but I just had to have a black one!

Rizz, how much is that second one?

Last edited:
Soldato
Beerguzzler said:
Custom built V by Warmoth with EMG 89-81, Origonal Floyd, 24 Fret, Mahogany body w/ AAA Quilt maple veneer, Maple neck w/ ebony fretboard, ss frets, Auto trim tuners [...]
Oh my, that is rock and roll sex on a pointy stick! :)

Here are my two main basses. Apologies for the less than stellar photos...

Firstly, a Petersen Sei Flamboyant bass 6er fretless, bought a year ago from The Bass Gallery [second-hand; I didn't have this one built for me]. This is without doubt the most playable bass I've ever used:

seibass002.jpg

seibass003.jpg

EDIT: The Wal has since been sold.

Last edited:
Associate
The second one is a Korean lite ash strat and it can be had for any thing from 360 to 450 lower prices online higher in shops I paid more because I returned the standard MIM I liked it so much but couldnt get any off the shop price, basically they were not happy to change it but it had bad vibration through the bridge into the body which they couldn,t fix, without sending it away. So I ended up paying more for it. The neck is miles better than the mexican strats and its more of a v shape than the mex c shape. On you tube theres a guy playing that strat doing 2 floyd solos it sounds awesome.

Last edited:
Soldato
Andelusion said:
Gorgeous basses simisker, do you play with a band at all?
Why, thank you :)

Heh - yeah, you'd think I'd be in a band, wouldn't you? :D No, not any more; it's more a personal hobby/project thing, in that typical "thirty-something failed rock star, now well and truly in the rat race" scenario...

Soldato
dark_shadow said:
Thanks Sweetloaf :) I really like your I must say, what was the damage?

£645 Not bad considering it's from the shop around the corner from me, they roughly matched the net + delivery :)

The others, Aria Pro II (my first), Epiphone G400 Les Paul Custom, Yamaha FGX720SC, Ibanez AF75 and a Tanglewood Rebel bass.
picture016sy5.jpg

Roland JX305
picture013pn7.jpg

The trusty Tascam 788
picture015eq6.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Ah I see I thought les paul didnt like the sg,s and had nothing to do with them, ah well Im not really a gibson guy although I do like the look of the SG.

Soldato
Not sure exactly when but Gibson stopped production of the old style Les Paul (the one we all know as THE Les Paul) and introduced a new shaped Les Paul, this is what we know today as an SG because it wasn't as popular (particularly with Les Paul himself) so Gibson changed the shape back but liked the new shape so much that they rebranded it as the SG.

edit: There ya go, 1961:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_SG

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Oooh, hello there Les Paul!

If its a 1997 model, does that mean that there are no body cavities to make it lighter? I heard that Gibson introduced such cavities around 2000 but kept it fairly schtum. I tried a Gibson Les Paul dated to 2002, and it wasn't as heavy as I was expecting it to be. Although I may be talking absolute rubbish.

Man of Honour
Si. said:
I'm fairly sure your correct.. it seems to weigh twice what my tele does.. Soulds AMAZING!!.. just love the bridge pickup..
I have to say, the sound of a les paul screaming, on either pickup, makes you wonder why you ever bother with anything else. It just bursts with such a fat, juicy and creamy tone to die for.

Sadly, my fingers struggle with even the 60s necks.

Soldato
I'd far far prefer a full bodied Les Paul. An immediate relative used to own a mid 70's Deluxe and it was fantastic. If you make the body lighter than you're taking away from the reason of owning a Les Paul in the first place. The huge tones come from the dense, fat oak used in the body. Also, the sustain. Those guitars are famous for their sustain.. Listen. Just listen. You can't hear anything? But you would. If it were playing.

Back
Top Bottom