• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Gear Thread - Pics

Soldato
Nitefly said:
Oh man that looks like such an awesome set-up! Where did you get the Emerald guitar? Whats the fretboard like compared to the Ibanez-es? ( :o )

:)

Thanks :) I got the Emerald off a luthier in San Francisco who's a member on Jemsite. It's the first 7 string that the company Emerald made, it was actually a prototype Steve Vai wanted made, so them made it him, shipped it to him and it wasn't exactly to his liking so they made him another, the guitar ended up in the luthiers possession after Vai sent it back to Emerald, and now I have it :) Bit of a =O Story but the guy is a well respected builder so I have no reason to believe he was lying.

Anyway. The fretboard is awesome. The entire guitar is one piece Carbon Fibre, I have no idea how they do this really. It has a very dark, brooding and modern tone, I don't play it nowhere near enough but playing some 7 string riffs on it is awesome, it's so loud. I really need to work at playing it actually as I'm positive you could come up with some awesome 7 string acoustic parts, especially as there aren't that many around.

Soldato
thought i'd get a pic up on here of my current guitars... so here it is

guitars005dy4.jpg

Soldato
Finally finished my project :)

nothing special really, worn, beaten and slightly scratched up 70's Tele

It's taken me a fair few months to get her finished but its been worth it

when i got her she had crap jap pickups in, a shoddy switch and pots and wire that looked like someone had soldered them together using a fork!!! she buzzed like hell, and the neck pup actually smelt burnt lol

now i've got some Bare Knuckle Pickups in there (country boys), some decent CTS pots, cloth wire and I've done the 4-way Tele mod for that great 4th position

Last edited:
Associate
Seeing as I haven't been on here in a hell of a long time (and I'm only here to ask for hard drive advice, I'm not staying long...) I feel obliged to introduce some new family members:

Meet Rebecca, the PGM301:

She's a beauty. :D

And my MIDI controller, which doesn't have a name, as I'm not quite sad enough to name a keyboard:

Not a good picture, I know, a little fuzzy. It's a CME UF6, and my PC is running almost a full complement of virtual instruments...I just need a strings/orchestra synth, and then I'm sorted.

PS: long time no see, Andelusion! I've not been on MSN much recently anyway, but I haven't seen you online for weeks! :p

Man of Honour
tTz said:
Meet Rebecca, the PGM301:
Meh I hate you! I've always wondered what those are like to play. In fact the only big name guitars I havn't tried are ibanez ... :o

PS: long time no see, Andelusion! I've not been on MSN much recently anyway, but I haven't seen you online for weeks! :p
Blocked and deleted t.b.h. ;)

Back
Top Bottom