You bought what!!!

Tea Drinker
Don
This is the reason I give up suggesting cars to people.

Mate's got a new job 25,000 miles a year travel, has £3k to spend, I offer him my Mazda 6 and he turns it down as the mileage is too high blah blah blah, then he says he's thinking about financing a small car, as he has a green car policy <120g C02 is good, I suggest a s/h megane 1.5dci as he can't find a 118d or a Bluemotion for his budget.

He phoned me this morning he has secured his perfect 25,000 mile a year car,

Wait for it

Wait

A lowest spec Nissan Pixo brand new :eek:

3 cyl 1ltr 67bhp @ 6000 rpm

And no electric windows or central locking

Words fail me

LOL.

stupidz.gif

Maximum power 67.9 PS (67 bhp) (50 kW)
@ 6000 rpm
Specific output 67.2 bhp/litre
1.1 bhp/cu in
Maximum torque 90.0 Nm (66 ft·lb) (9.2 kgm)
@ 3400 rpm

Closer than you thought, that's how the Telegraph describe the tickover and this

"What passes for adequate when puttering over a respectable road surface quickly degenerates under duress into something more akin to an empty tea chest flung down a flight of stairs."

They were talking about the ride quality, but the quote for the idle quality and performance isn't exactly praiseworthy either:

"At idle, a three-cylinder, 67bhp, 1.0-litre petrol engine rocks the entire car to the gentle rhythm of a helicopter spooling up. Dispatching the 0-62mph dash in 14 seconds, the Pixo scorches off the line like a wounded bumble bee and, en route to a face-bending 96mph, sounds not unlike an over-amplified example to boot. "

A Suzuki Alto screwed together in India. Oh well, gives something for i10 owners to laugh and point at I suppose :D

Nissan Pixo has to be the first car in years i've had to google in order to see exactly what it is.

My mental image wasn't far off either.

Same here :D Why would someone buy a car designed for old people to go to the shops with, for doing moon mileage?

Driving that down the motorway has got to suck, especially considering the speed limit is only like 26MPh below what it can do flat out.

Surely the engine is gonna be screaming away furiously at motorway speeds, that's gonna get annoying real quick.

Back
Top Bottom