***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

sRGB Gamut: ~100% (Excellent)
Polorizer: Average (Highish reflections and reduced viewing angles but provides deep blacks at all angles, e.g. look at the screen when turned off)
Viewing angles: Good (see above)
Fresnel/diffused reflections (in-cell): Yes, LG branded G2 Touch Hybrid Display (zerogap and in-cell digitizer)
Contrast ration: ~1400 (Excellent)
Brightness: ~500 nits (Excellent, but also has v.aggressive auto brightness like the N7)

Conclusion: Amazing screen for the price. (Probably the same integrated LCD stack as the iPhone 5 with a cheaper glass cover)

Nice :cool:

Bonded, in cell IPS LCD with great contrast - should be good. Proof is in the pudding though, can't wait to get my hands on one.

why doesnt orange-t mobile already do this? i get 3mbps on my gs2 on ee. i thought ee already had DC-HSPDA as well as rolling out LTE

I'm getting good speeds on 3G EE. 7AM this morning I managed 20Mbps, was downloading an app at 2MB/s :cool: Though at peak times 6ish Mbps.

I'd be happy with 10Mbps everywhere, all the time!

I've just taken a look, the battery life seems rather poor?

Yup, software is buggy as anything by the looks of it, wait for this new software update and then judge.

Besides, never base much on the benchmarks for battery life as they don't seem to give any indication as to real world use/haven't got much meaning to them because pretty much all these battery benchmarks are wrong when it comes to real world usage i.e. one X according to GSM arena etc. is very good yet in normal usage it is very poor (just look at all the forums) where as the one S isn't rated as being good, in fact worse than the X, yet it has the best battery life there is aside from the likes of the note II, RAZR MAXX, HD etc.

Best way to judge battery life is wait for users to post detailed info. with the appropriate screen shots.

Last edited:
If I had received the handset to review and knew that there was an update just around the corner, which could improve/fix issues (especially after reading about performance, battery issues etc.) then I would have waited for that update before starting a full on review.

You would be out of business. ;)

What I did pick up on in the Anandtech write up is the thermal throttling which is making me wonder. Was the choice of glass on the back creating a bit of a greenhouse effect?

Seems LG are telling retailers in Europe to sell the phone at ~ €549 - €599. Phone House (CPW Spainsh flavour) has suspended planned sale of the phone sim free because of this. Been reported in Austria and Italy as well. Basically places where the Play store is not available.

I did along time ago when I joined, just plain forgot and the fact nobody else I am aware of in the UK sells them and I did not link or put a price in. I just thought it would be OK my bad.

^^ mostly because they like to have the best GPU available, for gaming mostly.

I'll probably just get a bumper case as there are apparently going to some made for this - only covers the back and some of the side.

I could have missed this if it's been mentioned previously, but I remember people asking why the lockscreen widgets weren't being mentioned in the reviews.

It's because they're not in the software that is on the review units. I'm listening to the Android Central podcast and they've mentioned that the pre-release software for review units definitely incomplete, missing lockscreen widgets feature etc.

I could have missed this if it's been mentioned previously, but I remember people asking why the lockscreen widgets weren't being mentioned in the reviews.

It's because they're not in the software that is on the review units. I'm listening to the Android Central podcast and they've mentioned that the pre-release software for review units definitely incomplete, missing lockscreen widgets feature etc.

Yep, seems a lot can change for the final release, which is why i'm not worried at all about the benchmarks or battery issues in reviews so far.

I wonder why Google rushed out these review units then? To disrupt the WP8 release with the price?

*looks at Anandtech preview*

How is the iPhone 5 so awesome in pretty much ALL benchmarks? I had no idea it was that powerful.

(not a covert Apple fanboy)

1. Chrome for Android/ARM is slow. (benchmarks are doubled on other platforms with identical hardware)
2. The iPhone 5 (A6 SoC) is fast.
3. Adreno 320 uses brand new architecture with early drivers, it IS the fastest GPU currently used in a phone (not including Exynos 5 and the A6X)
4. BUT beware! LG phones ALWAYS seem to have major overheating issues... I'd wait for retail unit reviews before rushing out to buy one.

Back
Top Bottom