***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

My wife swapped her S3 for a mint condition white iPhone 4 16GB plus £160 cash. I am gonna try persuade her to sell the iPhone 4 and get an 8GB Nexus 4. :) How much do 4s go for these days?

As said many times before! :p

Don't base much on these reviews especially for performance and battery life as all the phones are on early versions of 4.2 (even some features are missing...), seems like a beta version.

There is no way the one X with tegra 3 can be better for performance and battery life as well as the optimus G with LG's software etc.

Quick example look at how much of a difference there is when the X got jellybean compared to ICS, even compared to the GS 3 on JB, which has the better hardware, it beats it. Software plays a huge part in every area:

http://www.gsmarena.com/jelly_bean_update_for_htc_one_x_boosts_performance-news-5010.php

Unless HTC and LG just do a better job with their software/driver optimisation than google...... :p

I am not so keen on the "on screen" buttons for this phone due to the size of the bottom bezel, would much prefer to have capacitive buttons like the one S/X or optimus G, but "on screen" buttons are better overall IMO.

Well we have just over a week before it is available, hopefully google push out some kind of OTA update to all the beta devices during the week so all the websites can update their reviews.

I am not so keen on the "on screen" buttons for this phone due to the size of the bottom bezel, would much prefer to have capacitive buttons like the one S/X or optimus G, but "on screen" buttons are better overall IMO.

Unless phone screens go edge to edge i cannot see how onscreen buttons could ever be better? They literally just take up space that could be used for more screen realestate :/

If the bezel is there, then put the buttons on it.

CEX will give £213 for an unlocked mint One X if anyone is intersted.

Might take them up on that offer

What's the chances of them giving you that though? I got a price for my Sensation XE from them, in as new condition with all the accessories (most not even opened) and they still only offered me the 'good' price.

Unless phone screens go edge to edge i cannot see how onscreen buttons could ever be better? They literally just take up space that could be used for more screen realestate :/

- can change orientation with the phone
- google could decide to do something really cool with them in the future like maybe allow you to add additional buttons, change colours, size/icons and add some additional stuff i.e. could use it to display more info. on a new email or something.......
- the way it changes depending on what you are doing i.e. if you have the keyboard the "return/back" key will change to an arrow pointing down instead i.e. it shows that the keyboard will "minimise"
- one less thing that could break
- the front of the phone looks very sleek/modern/futuristic when the screen is turned of

Essentially more "flexibility" with on screen buttons.

You can currently do most of the above stuff above if you root etc.

But I see your point as well and can why people would prefer capacitive buttons instead.

The thing I don't get though is that all the sites and even google said themselves that having on screen buttons would reduce the bezel, yet it just makes it worse :/

Personally I love the thought of having very little bezel all the way round, however, how practical would this really be when operating the phone with one hand? Currently with my S, I sometimes accidentally touch the screen due to how thin the side bezels are and imagine it would be much worse if the bottom bezel was the same size.

Last edited:
It does on the Nexus 7. I assume the player needs to do something to support this.

Does on the Razr i too so assume it should on the Nexus 4. Razr not a Nexus phone of course but pretty stock ICS. Can't see it being removed from Jellybean. Does seem a waste of screen space though during normal operation compared to using the wasted space underneath. That said I don't get problems with the 'button' lights staying on either watching a vid or using it as bedside alarm.

CEX will give £213 for an unlocked mint One X if anyone is intersted.

Might take them up on that offer

I presume you mean locked or one that hasn't been unlocked? I still have my One X and need to lock it and load stock back on I suppose before selling it. I'm aware it'll still show it has been 'tampered' on the stock recovery :rolleyes:

Doh I just remembered i didn't use Triangle away on my S2, There will probably be one flash count on it. I hope that doesn't affect getting the full monies for it! ASDA received it this morning now hurry up & give me monies! :D

Not long to go now! This will be my first ever LG phone I've always dismissed them straight away in the past.

The idea is for a more consistent feel. No matter which way you hold the phone they will always be in the same place.
I think a big issue with it is the colour of the bar. Razr i has a much more attractive semi transparent bar.

Back
Top Bottom