OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
Looking large and in charge there!

I don't think you need to drop any more than 1/2% body fat(If you wanted!). I prefer the bulkier more powerful presence as opposed to the ripped

Cheers mate, I prefer the bulkier look too. Still after a bit more size, but focusing on strength and hopefully a bit of dropping of BF.

Soldato
Right here come mine, don't hold your breath :p

Right, I look different in a few of these, in regards to body shape and fat. Some are taken early in the morning, others late at night. The back compilation one is from a video (printscreen stills).

One of me holding the 50KG dumbell was taken at easter. Shoulder width looks non existant as its a bad angle! however I'm not particulary broad anyhow. Most were taken with my phone so appologise for lack of quality. Most are taken as reflections from the mirror unfortunatley!
50blurr.jpg

absblurr.jpg

armblurr.jpg

backcompilationblurr.jpg

pumpblurr.jpg

Last one was taken after todays chest session. Had a bit of a binge weekend in regards to diet as I visited a friend for the weekend and had no control over what or when I could eat :( No leg shots I'm affraid! Have some very old ones but theyre embarassing! thighs currently at 24" last time I checked. Fairly on the legs too.

Thoughts and comments please. Be gentle, but don't lie to me !

(Sorry for the huge photo's!)

Last edited:
Soldato
Here's my story:

Stopped boxing before I went to uni, become a bigger fatty at uni and weighed in at 205lb last year.

9 months of hard weight training (for the first time) I'm now at 161lb.

backsbj.jpg

I'm lost for words . . I just can't believe the difference :)

Will - Thanks for your advice mate, found the 5x5 to be extremely useful!

Man of Honour
OP
Benny - in the "small" pics you look a lot leaner and more wirey than I'd have expected, though in the bigger shots you look more like I'd have expected. :)

Yuo've clearly made lots of progress - though would you consider yourself to be relatively small framed? How tall are you again? I think your back needs a bit more depth, certainly the lower traps, and lats too, maybe a bit thicker too? Shoulders need a bit more shape, however you're really in good proportion throughout very symmetrical, quite aesthetically pleasing too. What do you feel you need to progress on?

D_S - I can state how impressed I am at your effort and how well you've done. Let this be a testament to all of you who think it's too hard - look what can be achieved with hard work. Really proud of you mate, and I hardly had anything to do with it, it's all you mate. :)

Associate
Freefaller, looking great, your measures are all 1 inch bigger than mine(gimme 2 years to catch up :D),except the waist. Nice low body fat, I wouldn't go more than 1 or 2% lower.

Benny, very nice chest, shoulders and arms. Back has nice wide structure, but could do with a bit more "thickness". in any case, looking good mate! :)

le: I type slow, I know. :p

Associate
Nice work runnig.man and Dun!

Just a few pics: Not much progress but how can I improve my lats because my back sucks, especially my lats after seeing the last two pics. Also excuse the hair, that's not normal :D

I like to use a Wide grip pull down bar on cable for lats. Do my sets behind my head. Then after do them infront with a parallel grip pulldown Bar .

Associate
pulldowns behind the neck do pose extra stress on the shoulder joints and have no real benefit compared to front ones. the only advantage is that they are harder to "cheat" (as in use your biceps too much).
wide grip pullups are excellent imo, and if they seem too easy just hold a dumbbell with your feet or get a backpack and put some weight in it.

Soldato
Benny - in the "small" pics you look a lot leaner and more wirey than I'd have expected, though in the bigger shots you look more like I'd have expected. :)

Yuo've clearly made lots of progress - though would you consider yourself to be relatively small framed? How tall are you again? I think your back needs a bit more depth, certainly the lower traps, and lats too, maybe a bit thicker too? Shoulders need a bit more shape, however you're really in good proportion throughout very symmetrical, quite aesthetically pleasing too. What do you feel you need to progress on?

Yeah, I always look a lot smaller on photo's with my iPhone. I'll be home for summer soon and get some proper shots on my bro's SLR.

I wouldn't say I'm small framed, but I'm not a big lad by anymeans, often referred to as 'built'. Sort of inbetween sizes in regards to medium/large. I agree, and I have infact been working on my lower traps and back a lot recently. It's come along a fair way scince then, still a way to go though. My shoulder shape from the side I'm pleased with, but from the front unless im Lat spreading I find it disappointing.

Shoulder width and back thickness is where im lacking, without a doubt. I think a lot more shoulder shape appears when I'm lower bodyfat. Hopefully I can stack on some good mass over summer. Will take some pre and post pics and post them up in September. Thanks for your comments:)
Benny, very nice chest, shoulders and arms. Back has nice wide structure, but could do with a bit more "thickness". in any case, looking good mate! :)

le: I type slow, I know. :p

Thanks :) Thickness is something I'm struggling to put on, the width has come fairly easily with some intense back workouts. Hoping as my lower traps fill out so will the middle of my back. Will get some more shots up soon.

Soldato
Cheers for comments Freefaller and Dun.

Last 3 posters looks like big lads, good transformation Dark Shadow!

Freefaller... What areas do you want to improve on??

edit: Damn I type slow.. Andy / Cristi : On the pulldowns i've always done them behind my neck! Have I been wasting my time then? With the front ones do my lats more and be more effective?

Last edited:
Associate
pulldowns behind the neck do pose extra stress on the shoulder joints and have no real benefit compared to front ones. the only advantage is that they are harder to "cheat" (as in use your biceps too much).
wide grip pullups are excellent imo, and if they seem too easy just hold a dumbbell with your feet or get a backpack and put some weight in it.

Works for me. I know the behind the head ones work more of your back. I use a slow controlled movement with not going really heavy and I dont have any shoulder problems doing the exercises. Guess everyones diffrant.

Here's a cool video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu8vaxsY0I8&feature=related

Associate
Cheers for comments Freefaller and Dun.

Last 3 posters looks like big lads, good transformation Dark Shadow!

Freefaller... What areas do you want to improve on??

edit: Damn I type slow.. Andy / Cristi : On the pulldowns i've always done them behind my neck! Have I been wasting my time then? With the front ones do my lats more and me more effective?

You want lats dont forget to do the front bro. Good pics btw

dun

dun

Soldato
Took a couple of pics over the last couple of days with the phone, not great quality.

Current stats are:

Weight 222lbs
Height just shy of 6'1"
Chest ~47.5"
Upper Arm ~17.5"
Waist ~34"
Thigh ~27"
Neck ~18"

And here are some crappy photos - lost my cable for my digi camera I'm afraid:

Yes I have a couple of spots on my back, no I'm not doing any illegal substances.

Yea looking real thick there mate! How much more size would you ideally like to gain? Haha it makes me laugh how people think backne is somehow a sign that you are on the juice, I've got it worse than half the lads who are on :p

Dark_shadow: Good inspiration there for anyone overweight giving their excuses. Excellent work and in only a year, very good.

Benny06: How old are you mate? Keep up whatever you are doing because its working :)

Man of Honour
Looking good FF, I definately wouldnt want to come up against you on the rugby pitch.
DS as has been said thats an awesome transformation and the exact kinda thing I'm trying to achieve hopefully with the whole summer just dedicated to my gym work and fitness I'l get there

Soldato
Freefaller you are definitely looking bigger in these pictures compared to your previous set which were equally as impressive.

dark_shadow thats a mighty achievement in difference from those two shots in twelve months mightily impressed!

Benny06 you're going to be a monstrous power house if you keep going the way you are, Little Hulk lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Benny06: How old are you mate? Keep up whatever you are doing because its working :)

Thanks. Just turned 20 last week. Going to have an intense summer of training! No rest for the wicked! (Apart from rest days ofc!)
Benny06 you're going to be a monstrous power house if you keep going the way you are, Little Hulk lol.

Thanks :) Really getting some good gains atm, very pleased with my progress.

This is me at the end of my final year in sixthform. About 2/3 years ago. Began training heavily when I got to uni a few months after i finished, then was 'blessed' with some shoulder injuries. Couldn't train last summer due to lack of facilities and time. My weight was 12.9 in year 7(Yes I was 13 and weighed more than my dad! Was a right little podger), dropped down to 10.7 by year 10. Came to uni at 12.7, dropped 7lbs in the first few weeks and have now just peaked over 14stone at the end of my second year. Obviously put it back on with, mostly, muscle ;)

year13.jpg

2 more pictures of my back. Don't know why I brought that dry-fit top, I've not even used it yet!
Relaxed:
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/bennyc06i/SNC17227.jpg
Spread:
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/bennyc06i/SNC17229.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Took a couple of pics over the last couple of days with the phone, not great quality.

Current stats are:

Weight 222lbs
Height just shy of 6'1"
Chest ~47.5"
Upper Arm ~17.5"
Waist ~34"
Thigh ~27"
Neck ~18"

And here are some crappy photos - lost my cable for my digi camera I'm afraid:

Yes I have a couple of spots on my back, no I'm not doing any illegal substances.

Looking good Freefaller. Shave that hair off its hiding your abs :D. Good arms

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom