BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Have Sky even confirmed which Sports channels F1 will be on, and if spread over more than one, which sessions on which channels?

I know the BBC still haven't confirmed what they will be showing for the non live races. But what about Qualifying for both Live and non Live races?

Who has rights to practice sessions?

So many unanswered questions :(

Soldato
I've got Virgin Media without the Sky Sports channels.

If they roll this into my existing package with in-race adverts and no HD I won't be happy.

If they don't include it in my package and I have to pay an extra £30 a month for the Sky Sports package I really won't be happy.

I guess it's the lesser of two evils. At least they are trying to placate the riled masses but we should never have been in this situation in the first place.

Man of Honour
Goods new if true.

What pleases me most is that the commentary team looks to be spot on and they will also cover the free practice sessions, hopefully they do something similar to the forum too.

In an ideal world Jake would still anchor but he's been groomed by the BBC for a while now, so no chance of that especially with London 2012 next year.

I wouldn't worry about which freeview channel it'll be on and what not, 4 months to get that sorted!

Man of Honour
Sounds epic but nothing about freebies or charge just for f1, but it does say free for existing sport 1+2 subscribers, suggesting you'll be able to subscribe to just f1

Soldato
Well if you have Sports 1+2 you dont need to pay anything for F1, or if you have the HD pack it will be included, so for the F1 fan they can just get the HD pack rather than Sports and have F1.

Soldato
From Sky Sports F1

It is not yet known whether the new channel will be available on Virgin Media. We will advise when we can.

Sorry, the channel will not be coming to Freesat or Freeview

Man of Honour
No mention of coverage on VM, Freesat or Freeview on the Autosport article - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96445

Sky Sports will launch a dedicated new channel, Sky Sports F1 HD, for its coverage of Formula 1 races in 2012.

Starting in March next year, the channel will offer live coverage of every practice, qualifying session and race throughout the season, with Sky confirming that races will be broadcast without adverts.

Sky's interactive service will also allow fans to follow on-track action through a selection of on-board cameras and race data, and also allow them to go behind the scenes with the teams along the pit lane.

Sky says the channel will be provided at no extra cost to existing Sky Sports 1 and 2 or Sky HD subscribers, and will also be available online and through mobile and tablet devices via Sky Go.

Does sound good if you already have Sky Sports though.

http://f1.sky.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom