BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If this is true then they might as well not have bloody bothered at all.

That's what I'm thinking.

I think the purpose of such a tease would be to show F1 viewers what they are missing. AND, if they like what they see, they can see more by paying for SKY. They are almost using the BBC to advertise F1 and SKY.

Anyway, lets hope this is not the case.

Caporegime
That's what I'm thinking.

I think the purpose of such a tease would be to show F1 viewers what they are missing. AND, if they like what they see, they can see more by paying for SKY. They are almost using the BBC to advertise F1 and SKY.

Anyway, lets hope this is not the case.

werent they on about sharing commentators etc? if they do expect sky to be mentioned a lot

Soldato
I think BBC have left the commentary team wide open.

I believe that the BBC might be intending to basically do away with their own commentary team and just use SKY's coverage.

But...nothing has been decided or mentioned, officially.

If they did use SKY's commentary team, it would be an even bigger advert for SKY.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Given how I'm working most of the races and seldom watch them on TV it would make little sense for me to pay Sky and watch them on delay when there are alternative sources, but I have it anyway so will happily pay for it.

Soldato
If you've already got SKY, then its no big deal. But, what if you don't have Sky and the only reason you would be getting SKY is for F1. Spending all that money, just for 18-odd F1 races, seems a bit pricey.

Man of Honour
If you've already got SKY, then its no big deal. But, what if you don't have Sky and the only reason you would be getting SKY is for F1. Spending all that money, just for 18-odd F1 races, seems a bit pricey.

10 races really and even if you have sky, the sports channel are a fair amount extra. Why can't they just do pay per view.
At least it looks like free on satellite is pretty easy.

Soldato
Pay per view might actually work out cheaper.

I must say that this was an excellent business move by SKY....but obviously they shafted the terrestrial viewers, in the process.

Man of Honour
Actually, the BBC have shafted the terrestrial viewers. Sky just picked up the pieces.

I'd personally love to have something like F1 Digital back. That was excellent, just poorly subscribed to.

Soldato
I subscribed to F1D+ when they did a season ticket late in the one year it ran on Sky. Considering it was almost a decade ago it took until the BBC took over to get anything like the same level of coverage again, it was superb stuff.

Still don't get 8 different streams on the red button even now, that's the level of coverage Sky really should be aiming for next season.

Soldato
How many will be paying to watch it on Sky?

I am a big F1 fan but no way will i pay sky to watch it.

Not me. Never going to give my money to those cheating, lying *********.

I am also a big F1 fan, its a shame that the BBC had to drop the coverage, its been excellent. Never did like it when it was on ITV.

I hope this is a huge fail for Sky and they make a massive loss.

Then it can return to the BBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom