*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Caporegime
Surely that's covered by mrk's angle and luck provisos.

Yeah it is in some ways I suppose :p

But in general you would have to be very very unlucky in order for that to happen :p

Where as with your standard drops, which would just be somewhere on the corners, top, bottom or sides, damage to the mobile could happen with any of those hard cases (really does come down to luck and angle etc.) but with the otterbox, tough etc. the mobile would be fine no matter what way it lands (unless as said it was on the screen first :p)

Soldato
Tbh I was under the impression Otterbox even gave screen protection, I take it I'm wrong though, I was looking into getting one but dude the bulk is huuuuuuuuge anyway and I was looking to encase a Note!

Soldato
Tbh I was under the impression Otterbox even gave screen protection, I take it I'm wrong though, I was looking into getting one but dude the bulk is huuuuuuuuge anyway and I was looking to encase a Note!

The defender does. I'd be wary of dust getting under it though, as the case isn't sealed as such and the screen protection just sits on top.

Man of Honour
OP
The Zenis dock (both black and white) I have isn't stiff on the USB port at all, can be docked and undocked gently with one hand, certainly doesn't feel like any pressure is being applied to the port at all.

Hundreds of people have this dock too and I've yet to read any reports of damaged USB ports on any device.

Well you've read a report now and because you haven’t seen a bad report doesn’t mean there aren’t bad ones out there. I suspect that aren’t that many reports about them out there.

It is after all cheap, tacky and lightweight, just a nasty plastic box with a slot. The only good thing about it was the colour. This one required two handed operation to remove the phone and a firm hand to place on the stand so it’s been consigned to the bin. I’m glad I didn’t have to spend very much on it.

My recommendation is buyer beware and spend your money elsewhere.

Caporegime

I think some of their cases do, think it is like a flip cover or something for the screen. EDIT: Yeah as fornowagain said the defender does :)

Yeah that is the price you have to pay for ultimate protection unfortunately :(

Oh god! The note would be HUGE then! :p You would have to carry a man bag just for it :D :p

Otterbox are just a bit too extreme for my liking, far too much faff required! :p

Last edited:
Associate
Because you are then using two amplifiers (one in the phone and one in the car). Can result in over modulation (distortion) and poor quality. Its why all audio gear has line out..

Associate
Whats the best car holder for the S3, im looking for one that can turn so you can have the phone landscape or portrait and doesnt obstruct the camera (doesnt matter if it does though).

Soldato
I bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270818572865?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

£2.35 free delivery.

Its good, I use mine to record my journeys on my S3. Using Torque Pro - the videos saved on phone have my dials overlayed showing various info from my ECU (with a bluetooth adapater) that I choose to customise like speedo/Revs/MPG/Air-to-fuel ratio/Boost/Engine Temp/Coolant Temp etc etc. You can also overlay a google maps semi transparent map over the video.

The software to encode to data from the Video in Torque to a PC video file is bugging out at the moment, the guy who wrote it is trying to sort it out :)

Here is a video taken with that car mount.

Anyone into cars... here is a video of a fully encoded video on youtube

Soldato
Oh god! The note would be HUGE then! :p You would have to carry a man bag just for it :D :p

Lol when I bought the Note I thought the same and bought myself a man bag, 3 actually, I subscrbed to Nat Geo Trav just for the "free" bag then bought a "thing" from tkmax one lunchtime then bought a lifeventure bag from Mike Ashley, you could take the strap off and attach to your belt (the only one I've used, when it was sunny that day) I didn't have the pockets.

I couldn't GAF what others think about me so imagined wearing a man bag would be easy, it's not the self loathing was too strong.

Associate
I bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270818572865?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

£2.35 free delivery.

Its good, I use mine to record my journeys on my S3. Using Torque Pro - the videos saved on phone have my dials overlayed showing various info from my ECU (with a bluetooth adapater) that I choose to customise like speedo/Revs/MPG/Air-to-fuel ratio/Boost/Engine Temp/Coolant Temp etc etc. You can also overlay a google maps semi transparent map over the video.

The software to encode to data from the Video in Torque to a PC video file is bugging out at the moment, the guy who wrote it is trying to sort it out :)

Here is a video taken with that car mount.

Anyone into cars... here is a video of a fully encoded video on youtube

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for, I see at the end your driving on the A34, going to OCUK I presume? I work at Phones 4U head office, the big white building opposite FedEX.

Soldato
Whats the best car holder for the S3, im looking for one that can turn so you can have the phone landscape or portrait and doesnt obstruct the camera (doesnt matter if it does though).

I got an osomount space mount (Used to be Exogear) has a different type of suction pad that sticks to ANYTHING, even the dash. It's awesome :)

Associate
Has anybody bought a USB OTG cable or Mhl-HDMI adapter off eBay? I want to know what the quality is like especially with the HDMI adapter. They're quite a lot cheaper than the official Samsung accessories and I can't really afford £25 for a cable.

Associate
Careful with the MHL adapter - they changed pin configuration on this phone, so the adapter has to be specific for the phone, old MHL ones won't work..

Associate
Careful with the MHL adapter - they changed pin configuration on this phone, so the adapter has to be specific for the phone, old MHL ones won't work..

Yeah i saw that, I can't see any on eBay that look decent anyway. Looks like I may have to get the official MHL cable.

Back
Top Bottom