*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Soldato
They look nice but pricy. Where from please?

A site called Drive Safe & Legal. Normally I get them from Mobilefun, but they have said they wont get them for a while and the other 3-4 places claiming stock are in the same boat. Drive Safe and Legal are getting theirs in on Monday and ship out the same day and they said they still had a few pre-orders left so I #ll be in the first batch.

Yes, they are a bit pricey and you need to factor in the cost of the bracket for your car too, but I already have that as I've got the Desire active in the car atm - I simply unscrew that from the bracket and replace it with the SIII one. You could save some cash and get the passive version but I had that with my HTC TyTN II and I found it a pain docking and then finding the end of the power cable and plugging it in. When I got my HTC Touch HD I moved over to the Active version, which I then replaced with the Desire version when I upgraded.

I think it looks a bit more OEM than a suction mount and I found grill mounts not to be too great - I could have gone the whole hog and got the fixed install version and gotten rid of the power plug in the 12V socket, but it's nearly double the price. I could probably get a small project box, pull the power circuit out of the 12V plug and mount it behind the radio for about a £5.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've now seen the non genuine ROCK Hard case and snapped a few pics.

The fake one still feels good but the texture is clearly less gritty/grippy compared to the genuine one. It's smoother in grain and also the case itself is maybe a quarter millimetre thinner.

It has a less pronounced screen lip on the sides and it's also a a bit shinier than the genuine one (see pic below) so may well show up smudges and marks down the line with use or the finish wear down. Only time will tell.

It also has no raised lip around the camera lens and the button cut-outs are of different dimensions to the original Rock but that doesn't stop any operation of the buttons or ports as there are still usable margins all round.

For £2.50 though I think it's one of the best feeling cheap case you can buy and definitely better than any standard TPU/gel or other hard case, so those not wanting to spend £13 on a genuine one could opt for one of these replicas but keep an eye on the finish as I suspect it will increase in shine over time.

Pics, ignore the sticker, it came with it for some reason!

rockcase-vs-fake_side2.jpg

rockcase-vs-fake_side1.jpg

rockcase-vs-fake_tops.jpg

rockcase-vs-fake_attachedtops.jpg

rockcase-vs-fake_lips.jpg

rockcase-vs-fake_interiors.jpg

Soldato
I really like those Rock Cases. It just annoys me that they leave the top and bottom so bare and without protection :(

Robbie, how do you think the case would stand up if the phone fell/was dropped?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It would be quite hard to drop something so grippy! But if it did then I can't really say without trying it. It's a much tighter fit than the official mesh case for the S3 and the S2 version as well so it should not ping off like they do/will do but it all comes down to chance. The right angle at the right force could force any clip on case off that doesn't surround the entire phone like the Walnutt bumper case on the S2.

Soldato
I bought the official mesh case and really like it. Way better than the S2 version.

Also got the official flip case free from Phones4U, had it one the phone for two days but went back to the mesh case. Too annoying trying to use the phone one handed and didn't like not being able to see the led notifier.

Associate
I bought the official mesh case and really like it. Way better than the S2 version.

The only annoying thing with the mesh case is that clip to put a coin in to stand the phone up. Means the phone doesn't sit face up on my desk without wobbling when I try to use it without picking it up.

Shame as I like the case otherwise, the holes line up perfectly with the microphones and ports.

Soldato
The only annoying thing with the mesh case is that clip to put a coin in to stand the phone up. Means the phone doesn't sit face up on my desk without wobbling when I try to use it without picking it up.

Shame as I like the case otherwise, the holes line up perfectly with the microphones and ports.

Yea that is rather annoying. It's a neat idea though.

Soldato
*snip*
- I could have gone the whole hog and got the fixed install version and gotten rid of the power plug in the 12V socket, but it's nearly double the price. I could probably get a small project box, pull the power circuit out of the 12V plug and mount it behind the radio for about a £5.

I bought a cigar socket from halfrauds & wired it inside the car dash. Routed the cable through a "gap" & plugged them together, much cheaper than the hard wired mount :)

Associate
So when you order off fitbag direct you just state which phone you have and they make it the right size ? i am thinking of picking Black alacantra with the microfiber lining, anything else i should be specifiying ?

Associate
Yea i wrote in it Samsung Galaxy s3, i have ordered a brown and a blue one in the alacantra with the microfiber lining for me and the old man so we shall see how we get on

fitBAG Classic Braun maßgeschneiderte Handytasche Tasche aus original Alcantara® mit Mikrofaserinnenfutter
Mein Handymodell (z.B. Apple iPhone 4)
Samsung Galaxy s3 FBKK-FBTXT 1 21,90 €
fitBAG Classic Blau maßgeschneiderte Handytasche Tasche aus original Alcantara® mit Mikrofaserinnenfutter
Mein Handymodell (z.B. Apple iPhone 4)
Samsung Galaxy s3 FBKB-FBTXT 1 21,90 €
Zwischensumme 36,80 €
Versand & Bearbeitung 4,62 €
Steuern 7,88 €
Gesamtsumme 49,30 €

Back
Top Bottom