• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

Soldato
I'd be interested if all of my Accelero brothers could post up some of their gpu/vrm temps while playing sleeping dogs for 30 minutes. Vsync on, 1080p or 1440p, highest possible settings but SSAA on High instead of extreme. If you could leave you card on stock voltage, or as close to that as possible, run clocks of 1125/1563, or as close to that as possible so i can compare my temps.

Hi Matt, here's my result from that:

sleepingdogs30minsingle.png

This was at 1920x1080 - I disconnected the other two monitors so they didn't interfere with settings/temps, etc. I also set the OC to 1125/1563 before running Sleeping Dogs, but forgot to restart HWinfo, so ignore the 1575 memory setting. The screenshot was taken as soon as I quit out of the game.

Hope that's some help mate. :)

Edit - I know the nVidia card settings aren't needed, but couldn't be bothered to crop before uploading. Feeling lazy today. :)

Caporegime
OP
I ran my test again, it must have been a cold day that day as they were slightly higher this time but still good. Thanks Stu for providing the info. :)

Nj2TZ.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Ot,
Matt, hope your watching, what drivers you using for W8 mate?

What Hwinfo are you using too, it just locks the system up for me, but I think I have some kind of problem somewhere, system has become quite unstable since Saturday. :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Ot,
Matt, hope your watching, what drivers you using for W8 mate?

What Hwinfo are you using too, it just locks the system up for me, but I think I have some kind of problem somewhere, system has become quite unstable since Saturday. :(

I'm using the 12.11 latest beta drivers tommy+caps. I get them from the same link as the windows 7 drivers as if you click the windows 8 driver link on the AMD site it only shows the 12.10 WHQL drivers.

I'm using the latest official release of HWINFO, i don't bother with the beta versions.

Shall post up my temps tonight. Identical to yours I think matt.

Running 1920x1200 on extreme though!

Guys if you don't already i highly recommend altering the AMD sleeping dogs CAP profile to include x16 Anistropic Filtering as sleeping dogs does not have in game AF. Makes the game look so much better. Check out the road textures after you do it.

It also knocked 1c off my temps as there is a slight fps hit. Well worth it though!

qFLLo.jpg

vsMYT.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Good info on the AF, will give it a try when I sort out my PC.

I'm using the 12.11 latest beta drivers tommy+caps. I get them from the same link as the windows 7 drivers as if you click the windows 8 driver link on the AMD site it only shows the 12.10 WHQL drivers.

I'm using the latest official release of HWINFO, i don't bother with the beta versions.

:cool:

Thanks matt, alrady got the latest betas, it's 12.11 beta 8 that's been in it(haven't used W8 much)so I'll move up to the latest.

Tried both the Hwinfo's but it's maybe hard locking as I took my old config settings from W7 and dropped them in, think I may have to remove them and forget about the vrms displayed in AB osd.

Caporegime
OP
Good info on the AF, will give it a try when I sort out my PC.

:cool:

Thanks matt, alrady got the latest betas, it's 12.11 beta 8 that's been in it(haven't used W8 much)so I'll move up to the latest.

Tried both the Hwinfo's but it's maybe hard locking as I took my old config settings from W7 and dropped them in, think I may have to remove them and forget about the vrms displayed in AB osd.

Np Tommy.

I can share my hwinfo config file + my afterburner files if you like my OSD setup. Here's what it looks like. :)

That part i took a screenshot of is the most demanding part of sleeping dogs for VRM heat. I don't know what it is about those sewers but those areas heat up the card the most.

If you want to use my osd settings Close hwinfo+afterburner.

place this file in the hwinfo program folder and overwrite
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xp9d3p

extract and place both folders in your afterburner program folder and overwrite
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4i4iof

In other news...

I think i may need to update the afterburner guide, pretty sure atiman uninstaller has corrupted my windows 8 install. Tried a sfc/scannow but it cannot repair. Gonna have to bite the bullet and reinstall. Lucky i have all my games on my second ssd drive.

I'm not having any issues, but the fact sfc/ scannow finds errors and cannot repair them is a worry. Don't think ill bother with these driver cleaner progs any more.

Soldato
Caporegime
OP
Thanks matt, will give those a try when I get round to looking at the PC at length, but I think I'll need to roll my sleeves up but icba tbh.

I just tried copying my settings after reinstall windows 8, afterburner worked but HWINFO didn't. It must store the settings somewhere else with regards to the overlay. Had a look round but couldn't find them.

Associate
Mine doesn't go over 52c on core and 72c VRM's at 1225/1750 @ 1.3v in BF3 preset at Ultra.

Will try FarCry3 and Sleeping Dogs at some stage.

I used one of the square heatsinks for the bottom VRM where they recommend a skinny one as there's loads of clearance after the offset. Never used those strips either they're only needed if yer shloppy with your glue! I also used this instead of the pre-applied MX-1.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Mine doesn't go over 52c on core and 72c VRM's at 1225/1750 @ 1.3v in BF3 preset at Ultra.

Will try FarCry3 and Sleeping Dogs at some stage.

I used one of the square heatsinks for the bottom VRM where they recommend a skinny one as there's loads of clearance after the offset. Never used those strips either they're only needed if yer shloppy with your glue! I also used this instead of the pre-applied MX-1.

Are you using vsync or an fps limiter for those temps chips? Will be interested to see your sleeping dogs temps after 30 minutes gameplay, that game loves heating the VRMS with SSAA on high.

Caporegime
OP
The Accelero spares i ordered from Hong Kong arrived, this was before i found out tommy had some spare G1. I said i wasn't going to touch it again, but look at that permanent adhesive. According to daniel from Arctic offering better adhesive qualities and better cooling. Must resist temptation to use it and void warranty. :(

tJrYC.jpg

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/accessories/587/thermal-adhesive.html

Does anyone have any idea what brand adhesive it is? What its specs are? How it cools compared to G1? I can't find any info on it anywhere and as far as i can see no one on the internet has used it, or if they did they are in hiding, possible in Botswana.

Soldato
ADHESIVE.. Hmm.. I'd avoid like the plague :p

Go for those high spec thermal pads. Worth a try surely?

TBH I'd be happy with the temps you have. They are within perfect healthy limits. Lowering the temps further will make absolutely no difference!

I'm running 1150mhz core (1.175 vcore)
and 1575 ram (stock vcore)

Seems to hit 51oc in Farcry 3 now! Hmm, I want more speed though :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
ADHESIVE.. Hmm.. I'd avoid like the plague :p

Go for those high spec thermal pads. Worth a try surely?

TBH I'd be happy with the temps you have. They are within perfect healthy limits. Lowering the temps further will make absolutely no difference!

I'm running 1150mhz core (1.175 vcore)
and 1575 ram (stock vcore)

Seems to hit 51oc in Farcry 3 now! Hmm, I want more speed though :p

I know, its an illness. :(

I'm going to have a little fiddle (that's what she said) soon though, just can't resist. For now i satisfied the urge by ordering some spacers from canada (what? its the only place on the internet i could find them) i can then give my spectre pro 200mm front fan some more breathing room from the grill on my 600t potentially increasing airflow and thus achieving my aim of continued improved cooling. :D

Share those vrm temps mr taken, vrm is the new black in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom