• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

Soldato
Matt, have you tried testing the adhesive on something else? Maybe stick a spare heatsink to an old tin or something and see what happens when you try to remove it.

I did that with the Alpenfohn glue as I had similar concerns about it being permanent.
Turned out it was fine.

Soldato
farcry3tempsarctic.jpg

Farcry 3. 1920x1200, Settings on ultra, but AA or AF turned down? Can't remember which one. Impossible to max out that game IMO.

1150 core @ 1174 vcore
1575 ram @ stock voltage.

Temps have risen by 4-5c just by upping the core voltage this afternoon!

Caporegime
OP
farcry3tempsarctic.jpg

Farcry 3. 1920x1200, Settings on ultra, but AA or AF turned down? Can't remember which one. Impossible to max out that game IMO.

1150 core @ 1174 vcore
1575 ram @ stock voltage.

Temps have risen by 4-5c just by upping the core voltage this afternoon!

We're looking pretty similar right now. Had to bump voltage from 1.112 to 1.125 to get 1150 core stable.

I notice that your gpu fan speed records correctly, mine always show 6000rpm for some reason. I use a custom curve in afterburner, maybe thats why.

fpR9r.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
qM0uZ.jpg

According to that this new glue has worse W/mk than the Arctic G1 glue. :confused: Mind you ive no idea what W/mk is but still thats lower than the G1 specs. :D I was going to twist but maybe the smart money is now on sticking.

Soldato
I notice that your gpu fan speed records correctly, mine always show 6000rpm for some reason. I use a custom curve in afterburner, maybe thats why.

My GPU fan speed hasn't shown correctly/consistently since fitting the Accelero - I assumed it was just one of those things. Watching it in any monitoring software it just seems to pick random numbers and cycle through them. If you check my screenshot on the previous page out, you'll see the fans apparently run between 593RPM and 752,089RPM. It is the same with Afterburner controlling the fans and not. It is just another thing I've filed under "seems to work perfectly, don't worry about it". :D

Caporegime
OP
My GPU fan speed hasn't shown correctly/consistently since fitting the Accelero - I assumed it was just one of those things. Watching it in any monitoring software it just seems to pick random numbers and cycle through them. If you check my screenshot on the previous page out, you'll see the fans apparently run between 593RPM and 752,089RPM. It is the same with Afterburner controlling the fans and not. It is just another thing I've filed under "seems to work perfectly, don't worry about it". :D

:D

Just imagine the cooling properties of that speed, it really would deserve the Arctic name. Actually its a shame the fans don't go a bit faster, would really help out the vrm cooling and i doubt it would be much louder if they went an extra 500rpm faster or so.

Soldato
All the weight is yanking on that GPU though. It's not like the end (where the power connectors is) actually supports the pcb.

That's one of my annoyances with this cooler!

Caporegime
OP
All the weight is yanking on that GPU though. It's not like the end (where the power connectors is) actually supports the pcb.

That's one of my annoyances with this cooler!

I hear you.

If you didn't do it already you can remove some of the sagging by unscrewing the screws that hold it in your case and pushing the fans/cooler towards the pcb, hold firmly now screw it back into the case. I appreciate you can still see the sag in the picture, but before i did this it was even worse!! :D

You can position your two psu power connects so they support the card as well, either put them in front or behind. I actually found putting them in front of the card allowed me a few c cooler temps.

ecCNt.jpg

Just played farcry for an hour at 1172 core 1563 mem @1.137 volts (stock 1.112) and temps have defintely come down a few c. Having lots of space around the accelero as well as moving a lot of air around it seems to help.

kesRu.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
does anyone know when this might be in stock please?

YOUR BASKET
Total : (includes shipping : ).

Ask 5UB in the customer services section. They just recently went out of stock so you could be in for a long wait. If you can't wait you can probably order one direct from the Arctic Cooling website. However i believe they ship Accelero's with the permanent adhesive as standard now.

Associate
my card is still standard clock, and when playing far cry 3, im getting max temps of around 72 c

is this ok? or what sort of temps i need to look for please (his hd 7950 iceq)

thanks
ian

Caporegime
OP
I don't know how your temps compare to Moog's with the same card, but 72c is a perfectly acceptable temp for a 7950. As long as you keep it below 80c you're fine. Officially below 90c is fine as long as you're not overclocking.

Back
Top Bottom