Plusnet Discussion Thread

Soldato
One of the existing 40/20 customers here.

Well PlusNet just downgraded by upload speed to 9.5 mbps, it use to be about 13.5 mbps when G.INP was working.

To add insult they have kept my download on a 40mbps profile, I have a download sync of over 52mbps!

Associate
To the guys on the 40/20 contract (including myself)

It seems they have dropped all of us to the 10MB download but NOT! increased the up speed to 55Mb

Post here if you have been upgraded to 55mb or not.

I'm now at 40/10

Soldato
What the hell are plusnet doing? Screwing over customers left right and centre at the moment. Total mismanagement of the 40/20 - 55/10 switch and a total shambles of a new network giving insane packet loss and poor download speeds.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've had zero issues on PN but I am on a static IP starting 212.

21d32cc325d1b171a49b538a567e36d5-01-08-2016.png

Last edited:
Associate
Are Plusnet any good as I'm thinking of leaving BT for them.

I currently only get 3.5mb down on standard broadband as I'm in the country. But the line has been upgraded so I can get faster broadband (part fibre/part wire) so should get 5 - 8mb.

BT want £45 a month for this and the cost of a new hub etc.

Permabanned
They were offering me £16.50 for 18 months broadband. Currently I pay £19.99.

I told them about the offer on their website (£5 for 6 months and £20 for remaining 12) and third party cashback and they couldn't apply cashback (£110 Quidco) but matched the broadband which works out at £14.99 for 18 months.

So I think I will go with this as my broadband generally has been faultless on a 75/20 package. Like VR by latency isn't as bad as others and I monitor this on my Huweai modem using 3rd party software and broadband quality monitor.

They said there was no cancellation fee but if I wanted to terminate services and start a new contract so I can start of as a new customer then Openreach charge £30 and there would be obvious downtime of my services 3-5 days. My alternative would be so give them details of another provider who I wanted to switch to so I can avoid this charge and keep my broadband and telephone services interrupt free.

I just wish I had hypertronic here because that's the only provider that doesn't charge for Line Rental iirc and tbh I don't really need a phone line or use the house phone when we have mobiles.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can I get out of contract? Yes. Use price increase as excuse
Or negotiate a new deal? They may offer a deal to get you to stay
Will I lose my Cashback? Not sure but would be surprised if you did

If I wanted to get out of contract and go with Sky or BT how would I do that?

Ring PlusNet - Say want to get out of contract - get a final date of close?

Ring Sky/BT - Order new Fibre service to start the day of the close?

(not sure if can get sky/bt to chose date like this?)

Want to minimise downtime of no internet

Thanks

Soldato
The only thing that's going up for me is line rental, and I think I can get the line rental saver before prices rise anyway. However, I could get out of my contract if I wanted to. Not sure if I do though....depends what cashback and dleas BT offers right now.

EDIT: Even with £115 cashback, switching to BT would cost me £1.50/mo more than I pay Plusnet now for 80/20 Mb/s FTTC and BT Sport HD.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys,

Anyone else experiencing lag issues recently? About a week ago I started getting small lag spikes in Overwatch and today I tried CS:GO and I got the same thing. I just have the basic Plusnet router, which I have tried resetting, not really sure what else to try? I have contacted Plusnet but they don't seem to know how to help.

Thanks!

Soldato
Im playing £32.30 for plusnet 40/2 will go up to 33.30 with the increase...

BT I think will be £27.98 for 52 / ??? (plus new router and BT sport)

Whats BT upspeed? for the 52?

Back
Top Bottom