Gym Rats 2012 Awards

Man of Honour
Along side the great tradition of the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award, it's time for the Gym Rats awards! And as we did it last year, it would make sense. And it's good to reward those who have put in a lot of work and dedication.

Some truly inspirational people on this forum. From people who just blow me away with their strength, and people who have just started and made great progress to people who make this forum a great place to go for knowledge on a whole host of areas. And it's only fair these people are rewarded

I'm also going to add a category this year for "Most Improved Lifts"

Also, it's worth noting I'm going to price up some trophies and will hand them out at the meet for those attending. Just for you to have a trophy to show for your epic title :D Even if I can't get trophies, every winner will get a small prize, I'll make sure of it

Gym Rat of the Year: This award is for someone who has been a credit to the Gym rats community, maybe did something that really inspired you by competing or going through a hardship to overcome something. Maybe it's someone on the boards who you just admire, it could be anything
Most Improved Physique:
Most Improved Lifts:
Best Contributor: This is the award for someone who contributes knowledge and help to others consistently and can always be relied on for giving information and help to others.
Best Physique:

So I'll kick it off with:

Gym Rat of the Year: For me this is Delvis, second year in a row I've voted for him. Reason? Well the guy gets so much stick, some of it banter, some if darn right cruel, but he never gets put off and always comes back determined to prove people wrong. And as much as I love giving him some stick, the guy is a bit of an inspiration really for keeping going

Most Improved Physique: Temi_d. The progress in a year is incredible and probably the best I've seen for someone unassisted

Most Improved Lifts: icecold, controversialI know as he's always been strong. But everytime I see his log, he's breaking a new PB or setting some ridiculous amount of volume at high weights. The guy is an animal and an absolute legend

Best Contributor: Ultra_Extreme, I think his "tell it like it is" attitude is brilliant, he doesn't beat around the bush and often tells someone something that others are maybe too polite to say. He's certainly given a kick up the backside to a few members that have needed it. And he's been more than happy to help too when he can with his knowledge, either through posts or videos

Best Physique: Going to go look back at the Post your pics thread, as there are about 3 people who I need to choose between

And just a recap on last years winners:

2011 Most improved Physique:
tom_e (5 votes)

2011 Best Contributor:
icecold (9 Votes)

2011 Best Physique:
Freefaller (9 votes)

2011 Gym Rat of the Year:
Steedie (8 votes)

Happy voting guys

Last edited:
Gym Rat of the Year: Stoodle - Does everything. Trains hard, contributes to the community, organises meets etc etc etc
Most Improved Physique: Temi_d
Most Improved Lifts: LiE
Best Contributor: icecold - Speaks for itself, strong knowledge contributions
Best Physique: Kai - Aesthetics.

Last edited:
Gym Rat of the Year: Delvis
Most Improved Physique: Temi_D
Most Improved Lifts: LiE
Best Contributor: Icecold
Best Physique: LiE

Gonna have to think about this (will answer iab), our little Gym Ratz cru seems to be growing pretty rapidly of late ;). Also there's still 3 weeks left of the year, during which I will be going for PB's! So it's perhaps a little premature thread.

Last edited:
Gym Rat of the Year: Steddie - for amount of help and support he provides to other forum members.
Most Improved Physique: Temi_D - recent picture is mind blowing for 13 months transform, one of the best i seen
Most Improved Lifts: LiE or IceCold (need to review) but both are pushing PB's week after week
Best Contributor: Delvis / tom_e / Ultra_Extreme or Freefaller (need to review)
Best Physique: LiE guy is a tank with the back that belongs to Bane!

Last edited:
Also there's still 3 weeks left of the year, during which I will be going for PB's! So it's perhaps a little premature thread.

But it will take a couple of weeks for everyone to see and vote no doubt, plus I need to sort prizes.

And the winners will be announced before the end of the year anyway, maybe around the week of Christmas :)

Also give reasons for your votes if you can guys :)

Gym Rat of the Year: Icecold for his high quality posts and for giving a lot to the community.

Most Improved Physique: Temi_d. Pics say it all.

Most Improved Lifts: Dom. The guy has been beasting it this year and did awesome in his comp.

Best Contributor: Icecold. His coaching and knowledge is always spot on.

Best Physique: Kai <3

Okay then, let's see!
Gym Rat of the Year:
For me, as gay as it sounds, Steedie. The sheer amount this guy contributes is brilliant. He got us the Logs subforums, he organises the meets, sorted about five hundred people with diets..... It's just a no brainer.

Most Improved Physique:
Temi_D for sure. Mad skills with that sort of improvement.

Most Improved Lifts:
Probably icecold for the same reason as Steedie.

Best Contributor:
This may be controversial, but I'm gonna say Ultra_Extreme. He posts a lot of stuff that wouldn't normally get brought up in discussion here, and says it how it is - even if people don't like it. Never know a guy to make so many enemies from being overtly truthful :p

Best Physique:
This is a toss up between Temi_D and icecold for me. Now icecold hasn't really posted any pictures so I think I'm gonna have to give it to Temi_D; a single picture taken in the gym pumped up isn't fair :p We've got some big guys here, and some defined guys. However not everyone has made positive progress or enough progress warrant this spot imo.

Lifts : hard one this, we have some consistent PB pushers, some awesome weights being lifted.

As ever though what impresses me the most is the little ones. Temi clearly has this one for me with ice right up behind him :)

Gym Rat of the Year: Delvis. Nobody takes the crud he does and still comes back for more help, advice and delivers a srs workload. Good wrok.

Most Improved Physique: Temi_d. Pics say it all. :eek:

Most Improved Lifts: Dom. Great fun watching his progress.

Best Contributor: Icecold. Knows onions.

Best Physique: LiE. Is strong. Looks strong.

Going a bit away from some of those done already, but oh well:

Gym Rat of the Year: LiE - Dedication, and everything has been outstanding this year
Most Improved Physique: Temi_D - Shame we didn't get more updates on this one, but the pictures speak for themselves...
Most Improved Lifts: Delvis - Delvis has had a lot of stick, but whilst he's still not lifting huge figures, from an improvement perspective from not just strength, but form as well, I'm going with him
Best Contributor: Ice/Steedie - So many possibilities with these ones. Could put many many others in, but these are the two that have most helped me out personally this year. So those are the ones I'm cutting it down to.
Best Physique: Kai (Hon. Mention to Fluttershy - give it another year)

I might edit Best Physique with Steedie if he'd upload some pictures...

kd

Last edited:
[NOT FINAL]
Awwwwwwwwww shucks :D Thanks for the votes so far *blushes*

It's going to be a hard one this year.....I'll post my initial thoughts and post a final one closer to the closing time. :)

Gym Rat of the Year: Steedie-Steedie (as monkee said really, awesome, helps everyone, organises meets and all sorts) Icecold (helped me no end this year, along with inviting me down to help more hands on ;)) djdom (helped me a lot this year as well) Freefaller (again, given me several pieces of advice over this year)
Most Improved Physique: temi_d-Temi_D's recent post was epic, I need to plow through the pics thread again really to look up more. Monkees transformation to seriously cut was epic as well. Fluttershy has come on nicely as well.
Most Improved Lifts: LiE-Hard one this, lots of people smashing pb's this year.
Best Contributor: icecold-Several people here...Steedie, UE, icecold, djdom.
Best Physique:kai -Kai (lets face it, he's just teh sex and he's on anabolic whey tubs! :D), LiE (someone else said it, looks strong and powerful) I need to think a bit more about this one as well. Also liking ue's latest.

So many damn options!!! Overload!

Last edited:
Gym rat of the year: Delvis, for well, just getting on wi it, contributing regularly even, always willing to offer advice/support, and well putting up with a hell of a lot of stick, a portion of which is defiantly uncalled for. But he just mans the **** up and gets on with it, nice work mate.

Most improved physique: Temi-D, just hnnnng, seriously makes me wish I was younger, and black lol

Most improved lifts: LiE, other peoples lifts are incredible, but over the last year he has come on in leaps and bounds. Also a bit geeky I used the power lifting totals and he just edges the improvements by 1% lol.
Other names of mention: Dom, Ice, and Morba, over the last year Dom has come on immensely, ice has recovered supremely from injury and is back on form. Lastly Morba has been making awesome improvements in his SM endeavour.

Best contributor: I have two votes here, one is for Icecolds for his informative, knowledgable support on the forums and for his genuine interest in other members. The other vote here goes to Steedie, he is really supportive to members off the forum. I think at on point he was coordinating over a dozen members diets, while offering advice and encouragement, and actively planning meets as well.

Best physique: Kai, mucho impressed with your progress this year, and all the epic work you have put in to get to where you are, and stay there.

Gym Rat of the Year: Icecold. Though Steedie's in the running. Both contribute a lot, icecold with his knowledge and general good advice, and Steedie with the effort and contributions to the SA.

Most Improved Physique: Controversial but I still think Tom_e has done well, and kept it up. Fluttershy has also improved his physique significantly. Temi_D is also impossible to ignore - but I can't remember all the transformations, I'll have to think about it. Mantutu is also worth a mention too.

Most Improved Lifts: Dom and Ice but Begbie and Stiv and reiyushin also have improved amazingly. Hard to choose.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4paOR71j9nnN1RlWHRJSzgwLTQ

Best Contributor: Icecold and Steedie again - both adding so much. UE deserves a mention.

Best Physique: This I can only base on who I'd rather look like if I didn't look like me. It has to be between the_chico or Toxic.

Never even knew that spreadsheet existed! Quite happy with that.

I reckon I can smash both the dead and squats by 5-10kg quite easily though, and possibly even bench before the end of the year.

Will get back with my thoughts when I have had time to think. (most likely during work :p) Certainly U_E, Icecold, and Steedie have been extremely generous in their time and effort on this board.

In fact if it wasn't for this board, I would be no where near what I am now. I have learnt so much from posters on here, its actually incredible how much this place has helped me over the past year from form, diet, self diagnosis and lifting. Hardly a bad guy in the gym rats thread.

I think it's a lot harder to pick clear winners this year, which says good things about everyone :)

Gym Rat of the Year: Requires a little more thought
Most Improved Physique: Temi, without a doubt
Most Improved Lifts: Not sure about this one either. If I vote for Dom it really isn't because he's my brother, it makes me sick to say he's the best at anything :mad:
Best Contributor: Again I'm not sure!
Best Physique: Very close again. I'm pretty sure about this one, but I'll think about it because my other votes are far from decided.

Also:
every winner will get a small prize, I'll make sure of it
Very arousing...
Temi clearly has this one for me with ice right up behind him :)
:eek:

Gym Rat of the Year: Icecold. Though Steedie's in the running. Both contribute a lot, icecold with his knowledge and general good advice, and Steedie with the effort and contributions to the SA.

Most Improved Physique: Controversial but I still think Tom_e has done well, and kept it up. Fluttershy has also improved his physique significantly. Temi_D is also impossible to ignore - but I can't remember all the transformations, I'll have to think about it. Mantutu is also worth a mention too.

Most Improved Lifts: Dom and Ice but Begbie and Stiv and reiyushin also have improved amazingly. Hard to choose.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4paOR71j9nnN1RlWHRJSzgwLTQ

Best Contributor: Icecold and Steedie again - both adding so much. UE deserves a mention.

Best Physique: This I can only base on who I'd rather look like if I didn't look like me. It has to be between the_chico or Toxic.

Need to add icecold to best physique - again, decent mass :cool:

Back
Top Bottom