The Hunter

Soldato
Instead of chatting away in the high res thread, i thought i may aswell start a proper thread for it!

So as anyone actually seen a deer yet? :p (i havent :()

Just been playing i but keep getting disconnected due server being overloaded!!

To anyone who hasn't come across this yet, CLICK HERE to check out there site.

Associate
I was hunting for about an hour this morning, thought I might be close a few times but couldn't find any of the little buggers.

I only really got it because the screens looked great, and my god, the island really is gorgeous.

Soldato
I tracked a dear to within about 10 feet but then instead of keeping still I stood up and equipped the gun and it legged it away. Also saw a group of 3 deer but they were too far away and long gone before I got there.

Associate
Can't even login since they opened it public :( Seems they have server load issues. Think they would have thought of that before opening it up.

Soldato
the game is good i could not find ant deers before i read HELP section in website.

how to hunt. i suggest u read it. u need to make 3 sound of deer from the wee box to attract them and so on.

how ever the game is not free u need to buy subscription if u run out the bullets i guess :(

ps: killed 1 female deer with no horns (2 shots body, 1 shot leg )

Associate
Did a bit of tracking and shot a dear, small female deer... I shot it once and it ran a short distance, fell over and sat there bobing its head panting. BOOM HEADSHOT :D.

Anyway, the game has potential, its main problem is the idiotic pay to play subscription thing. Im all for MMOs, Im all for paying for a game if its good. But paying monthly/yearly for a pretty standard game. And even then you dont get access to all features, you can unlock 3 of the 5 guns currently in the game, and any new weapons or equipment that comes out you get to use for a WHOLE MONTH before they charge you a one off fee (im guessing) ontop of the subscription to continue using the new stuff.

Sure the gfx are nice, but the gameplay isnt that great. The tracking basicly goes like this:

1) Walk around untill you spot a big glowing red thing or hear a call, press ID on the GPS.
2) Follow the direction pointed out to you on the GPS while looking for more glowing red things, tagging them as you get them.
3) repeat 2 until you track the deer down.

Tracking just feels like a mini game, and from what I have seen in the demo that makes up 90% of gameplay. It needs to have some mystery and not just be follow the dots.

So atm I dont think this is worth subscribing to.

Last edited:
Soldato
Where am I supposed to download this?

I've signed up, but can't login because the server is busy. I presume I need to be logged in to download?

Soldato
how ever the game is not free u need to buy subscription if u run out the bullets i guess :(

my ammo just fills up again in the inventory after ive used a full box up

im still yet to kill anything though, and its getting incredibly annoying :o
best ive managed to do was follow a deer for about 5 minutes then it just completely disappeared ¬¬

Caporegime
Still havn't played this yet....try and log in to the site to download, and the servers are too busy apparently...I just want to ATLEAST download the thing, then paly at a later date :p

Associate
Still havn't played this yet....try and log in to the site to download, and the servers are too busy apparently...I just want to ATLEAST download the thing, then paly at a later date :p
I'm in the same boat as you. I'll try it at 1am tomorrow and see how the server is then.

Associate
just played this for about 30 mins, managed to eventually track two deer down, spotted the first one but missed and missed the second one also. half way to level 2 on tracking now :D

Caporegime
Ooooh, got on now....Just keep trying to log in, literally...type email, click login...if it fails, rinse and repeat...I got in after about 10 attempts :p

And it's downloading at just under 500kb/s

Soldato
ive just walked straight upto a deer, put a bullet in it and its run off again :mad: :p

Doc here. I heard you had a bit of trouble finding an animal you winged out there...

It's vital that if you injure an animal you find it and do not allow it to suffer!

Make sure you get to it and make sure you confirm the kill with your HunterMate.

Back
Top Bottom