The Hunter

Caporegime
yes its not for everyone you have to put time in to learn and not play it like cod :p

that's why i like it though it has a learning curve and isn't easy.there are many guides to help though or if you get stuck ill take you on a hunt if you want. just add me ingame.

Associate
Managed to recover my previous account with a stack of weapons and stuff :D

Any idea why I can't equip the tree stand, its showing in the store I own it but doesn't give me the option to stick it in my inventory?

Soldato
Reinstalled and had a spin on this last weekend, very enjoyable but I think I can only hunt deer. Once I got above £50 spent overall I began to begrudge paying continually.

Might get primal if I'm to spend any more money.

Soldato
Reinstalled and had a spin on this last weekend, very enjoyable but I think I can only hunt deer. Once I got above £50 spent overall I began to begrudge paying continually.

Might get primal if I'm to spend any more money.

Primal actually released today so just purchased and downloading now :)

As well as becoming resentful over pay as you go games I also became reluctant to pay for early access games, so really glad this one is finished :)

Associate
Found me tree stand, was not rusty after all that time in the elements :D

Next stupid question, is there any worth to killing female deer/elK etc as from my understanding they do not carry a "score"?

Last edited:
Caporegime
i use females to lvl weapons for hunter score.this in turn steadies gun bow as your skills increase.

one thing to remember is often bigger trophy animals maybe close so always check area first or use bow to kill silently.

nothing worse than shooting then seeing biggest deer running away :p

Soldato
So with the release of COTW, I thought it would be a good time to bring this back. Anyone still play? Subbed for 3 months recently to get myself into this, hopefully I can purchase COTW in a few months.

Also looking for a little help :D. I've been trying to do the mission "Take a 8pt Whitetail Deer" but I'm confused. The mission states I have to "Harvest a Whitetail Deer buck with at least 8 typical points". I've now been hunting these deer on Whitehart Island and starting at South Cliff Lodge for the last two days. I've killed a couple of males (the ones with the antlers) but this mission doesn't complete when I collect the corpse? Am I missing something that I haven't done?

Last edited:
Caporegime
it should be pretty easy to do. a 8 pointer isnt that hard to come by. redfeather falls left hand lodge first tower.always whitetail there.south whitehart is great for whitetail but its more dense vegitation wise.redfeather if you start on the left lodge and walk all the left side upto the boat you will mainly get nothing but whitetails and moose.;)

as for theHunter which is now called theHunter classic i have about 3 years of license :D . i play it often and will alternate between classic and cotw.

Soldato
I tried entering my first competition but aren't doing very well :p. It's only to get the longest average distance on your first 3 whitetail harvests. Won't have the time to have another go before it expires :(.

Just spent a large portion of my last hunt, tracking down a big looking moose that ran away after I hit him with a crossbow. Loving the hunting though :D

Back
Top Bottom