First case mods Lian Li V351R & Build Log

Soldato
Right now this is the first time i have really started to mod my own case. I really like the case but i also like to be able to see where all my money has gone :D
I do plan to update this thread as and when i get my parts for the case plans are for :

i7 920
Corsair Dominator GT
My two GTX 260's
EVGA Micro X58 (That i won :D)
Corsair Hydro H50.
Antec 1000W. out of my old case
128GB M225 SSD for OS
1TB F3
Scythe Master fan controller

First off the case as new.

Front
DSCF2420-1.jpg

Back
DSCF2421-1.jpg

Now what i managed to do in a few hours today was start on getting a side window made for it so out came the dremel and so far i have done this
DSCF2426-1.jpg

The X2 is just for show its spare.
I will do the other side during the week i think
Now it still needs a tidy up and the edges are not quite straight enough yet need to take a file to it, the window is held in place for photo with bluetack :)

Now for the inside
DSCF2395-1.jpg

I cannot wait to finish this i hope once its folding it won't get too hot but i will have to wait and see :D

Last edited:
Associate
Looks good, I also like that case, reds a pretty unusual choice but it looks good :)

How does 2 GTX260's compare to the 4870x2? surely its not that much better is it? May be better to save the money and stick with the card you have in there.

Also, can you resize the photos a little? Big photos are always good but think I'd need a 30" screen to fit them onto hahaha

Soldato
NB cooling could be an issue due to fin orintation and watercooled CPU.
Then again the 260 next to it will pull air sideways. Something to keep an eye on.

And I do like that case - If I ever went Matx that would be top of the list

Soldato
OP
Well i have my fan controller and should be ordering the Corsair H50 this week then all that's left will be cpu and ram hopefully by the end of the month as long as i have no unseen bills coming my way :eek:

Also gotta find time to cut other window in the side thought i would do it bank holiday just gone but went for a bike ride instead

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I was thinking of getting a Corsair H50 and a LianLi V351. I'm interested to see what you do with the combination. Are you going to mount the radiator at the front?

Hmm how did i miss this post :confused:

Yup i will be hope to get my cpu and ram in about a week so will be seeing how this goes at the moment the H50 is on my q9550 and keeps it at about 45°c under full load which is nice

Soldato
OP
Slight update to the build hoped it would be built by now but royal fail have let me down with my usb wi-fi adapter:mad: i need it for my Folding/Seti work.

Anyways i got my i7 920 and a cheap 3GB memory till i can get hold of the Dominator GT set

CPU
DSCF2534.jpg

RAM
DSCF2540.jpg

DSCF2520.jpg

I might have another update later next week when i have everything i need then to overclock it :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
And its on about time :)
DSCF2578.jpg

Dirty GTX:(
DSCF2571.jpg

DSCF2588.jpg

DSCF2581.jpg

DSCF2592.jpg

Still got to cut a area out from the CD drive bays so i can fit the H50 properly as the side will not fit on the way its currently fitted but will do it this weekend if i get time

But i had the CPU up to 4Ghz but temps in a case this small are really to high for me so 3.8Ghz will do me fine temps in the high 70's

i will take some better pics when i finish a few mods and clean the ol girl up as its become covered in fingerprints :o

Back
Top Bottom