First case mods Lian Li V351R & Build Log

Soldato
That's the reason I chose compression fittings for my rig instead of barbs, I think jubliee clips look horrid!!

You could always get some 3/8" ID 5/8" OD tubing instead, that fits to 1/2" barbs extremely tight, it's a PITA getting them on, but once it's on there they won't pop off.

Soldato
OP
I do like the idea of compression fittings if i was going to get some it would have to be the black Bitspower ones i really do like them

bp-10-8comp1l.jpg

Soldato
They are lovely, just after I bought all my shining silver bitspower fittings 2nd hand these black ones got released, I was quite gutted actually, as I would have loved to get those instead.

But like I said, 3/8" 5/8" tubing over 1/2" barbs will be as tight as a ducks arse and shouldn't pop off at all.

Soldato
OP
:(

Shame this is now on the scrapheap after the mobo died again and my foot went through it now gonna order a ATX mobo like the new gigabyte ones and the coolermaster 690 II will hopefully see how that goes.

It was such a good little rig but i cannot stand things failing and will not be buying EVGA again in the future, As it takes a while to get apart and get it back together and tidy so im going back to ATX :)

Soldato
How about you keep the case, put it in a loft or somewhere. Get an atx case but a m-atx motherboard. I really like the look of the Asus Rampage 2 Gene. Continue as if it was an atx board, but when in the future you decide m-atx is the way to go, you've got the case and the board already lined up.

Sorry to hear the boards died, was heading over to this thread to ask for measurements of the motherboard to try to make waterblocks from. I don't suppose it's sufficiently intact that I could test fit blocks onto it were I to make some?

Soldato
What sort of state is it in? If the distance between mounting holes is unchanged from pre-foot I'm happy to pay postage for you to ship me the corpse, may want one of those for my next board

Soldato
OP
I should be able to send it out to you, dunno when might pop out this weekend to do some stuff and see about getting it to you. It only has a crack down the left side of the Dimm slots and is a bit bent so its still in shape sort of :D

Soldato
That'll probably do. I've got some ideas for cheap, low profile full cover motherboard sets, having a motherboard that I can cover in oil without doing it any harm would be useful.

Soldato
Ah, I have access to the equipment, and shortly to have the materials, so only need to acquire the knowledge of how to put the two together. Motherboard blocks are either prohibitively expensive or nonexistent in most cases so I'm trying to come up with an approach that can be quickly adapted to different boards and made for less than 20 quid a set in materials. Do you think a 2mm copper plate mounted over mosfets with water running freely over the surface would be sufficient for cooling them? It seems to be what EK have done, but it's hard to tell from assembled pictures of the blocks and I'm yet to find a review which took them apart.

Back
Top Bottom