*****EGOSOFT TNBT (X Rebirth)****

Soldato
Egosoft have finally announced what TNBT is :eek: and guess what its a new x series game X Rebirth. New engine and new graphics and check out the complex in the vid its massive :D

Video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LabrDe4XJo0&feature=player_embedded

Publisher Deep Silver and developer Egosoft today announced the latest game set in the X Universe, set to transport the multi-award-winning series to another dimension with radically new game design and top notch graphics.

The space simulation X Rebirth heralds more than just an additional chapter within the X series, it is a fresh beginning bringing with it a number of gameplay innovations without compromising its successful origins.

In the distant future, the X universe faces a period of profound and irrevocable change. While the universe stumbles towards an uncertain future, countless adventures await as new enemies rise in search of power.

Enter a young adventurer and his unlikely female ally travelling in an old, battered ship with a glorious past - two people alone against the galaxy, playing a key part in the events to come.

The fate of the universe rests in the hands of the player...

X Rebirth represents a spectacular new beginning for the X series, offering loyal fans and newcomers alike a vast, vivid and extremely detailed universe to explore throughout the game.

Varied gameplay elements such as action-packed space combat, detailed trading mechanics and high-speed space exploration with fast travel allow players to experience a truly unique space saga that will keep them hooked for dozens of hours.

X Rebirth for PC is expected to be released in the fourth quarter of 2011.

Cant wait till this is out.

Last edited:
Associate
Fingers crossed its a worthy sequel, looks good so far.

Shame theres nothing mentioning coop or similar, even at a first glimpse like this it would have been the type of thing they would plaster everywhere.

I know its not a focus of the series and would take skill to do properly considering the scale of the universe they create and features like SETA etc, but it would be epic even with something like a drop in coop where a friend can take over one of your ships and help you in single player.

A polished and improved single player is far more important though.

Also why do all trailers have to start with that inception, fart into a microphone while standing in a large hall noise these days. Its getting annoying.

Soldato
I have two questions, well no actually 3.

1. Why do they have to fill space with so much crud???? Space is beautiful in it's desolation, in its emptiness... Why does it have to be all nebulous and full of rocks all the time.

2. Are they going to get rid of stupid game mechanics like having to come close to a space station or fatory to 'discover' it - so they've built all this stuff in space, created these gates to so many different systems and they still can't provide system maps??? Oh and jump gates??? Lose the gates for the love of Pete!!!

3. Can they please hire someone that understands game UI and gameplay because I think they were on holiday every time they made an X game...

Soldato
And like the last 2 X games, it'll probably be a game I try and deeply want to get into but never quite manage. It does look quite lovely though, I'd imagine its a PC game most old school space game fans will want to try.

Associate
Wait, 2 people? Co op or badly worded ?

See, I first thought that but I doubt they would be that cryptic about it given how many people have been screaming for multiplayer. Probably just to do with setting the story up and a poor choice of words but who knows, hopefully I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom