*****EGOSOFT TNBT (X Rebirth)****

Soldato
I've been 'X' free for probably a couple of years or more... As long as they can make player built factory complexes look neat, expand on the many ideas they had in the original series (and make them work, for a change ;)) then I'm in.

Despite my usual prejudices concerning developers and half assed game releases, I do like EgoSoft. Their beta testing may be laughable and their game plots and cutscenes way beyond naff, but they do put in an awful lot of effort to sort the mess out and add extra stuff. Once they've got our money, of course... ;)

The final quarter of 2011 is getting a tad crowded for epic releases... Shame I'm not 15 years younger, with time to burn.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lets hope with this one they actually hire some competent game designers, I'm sure it's the bee's knees once you get into it but it is the least penetratable game I've ever played.

Caporegime
is it using the same engine as all the other X games? if it is ill pass most of thre sequels barely added anything new and should have been sold as 10$ dlc... it just feels like they are milking the series

Caporegime
Try reading the original post.
i did thr eactual press release thing the op qouted only says
set to transport the multi-award-winning series to another dimension with radically new game design and top notch graphics.
which can mean basicly the same engine with a few improvements.

i know what the OP says i wanted FACTS!!!! , in the video it looks like the exact same engine and almost exactly the same as every other X3 game...

Associate
http://www.egosoft.com/x/xnews/201104_44_xr_news.html

On that page Bernd Lehahn says its a game built from the ground up since 2007 and Egosoft have yet to give me a reason to think he is lying. Now I expect that there will be parts that are used/upgraded from X2/X3 engine, but I also expect a lot to have been changed.

A few new graphical effects are shown in the trailer which are not possible in the old engine at all, and I have tried and played around with it a lot.

is it using the same engine as all the other X games? if it is ill pass most of thre sequels barely added anything new and should have been sold as 10$ dlc... it just feels like they are milking the series

The last X game was an expansion not a new game, and the number of changes from X2 to X3 is huge in both a game play and engine point of few. I expect the changes from TC to X-R will be much much larger.

Time to think about getting an NDA so I can begin looking at the modding side of things I think.

Associate
Longtime fan of the X series, but I've only ever played Reunion for any significant amount of time even though I own all the games.

Really needs landable, explorable planets to mine and search for valuable artifacts etc. A cross between the X and Elite series' would be pant-wettingly awesome :)

Associate
To add to the above, if they include cocpits, I'm in.

Only ever played X2, as X3 didn't have cockpits (although there was a mod that added X2 cockpits).

Associate
Erm not that I'm compaining, but didn't they say they would not be doing another X game?

Anyway cant wait :)

That's what I thought too. I guess they changed their mind or were just trolling their fans :p

Anyway, it looks good but the main problem the X series has had, especially X3 games is a lack of personality. The universe is too clincal. Hopefully they'll ramp up the main storyline/encounters with a bit more immersion so it doesn't feel like a spreedsheet. I don't want it dumbed down, just more engaging. With X2 they were sort of on the right track with the storyline but the execution was terrible.

Caporegime
Erm not that I'm compaining, but didn't they say they would not be doing another X game?

Anyway cant wait :)

what they should do is add multiplayer in the same way with "freelancer" did now that game was totally epic and way ahead of its time in the multiplayer aspect it was like a full blown mini mmo

Caporegime
I did a little sex wee :p

one thing i would like to see is you getting invovled with research, be is smply building research complexes that produce slightly improved versions of the stock weapons.

or better yet you raiding the research stations of races and stealing development/research notes which could be traded with another race and they use them to come up with a hybrid weapon, or making a compatible weapon conversion.

I.e you raid an earth research base and get detailed research notes on the anti matter warhead launcher, trade that with the split who then make their own antimatter warhead launcher that's compatible with split ships. (and start equipping their military ships with them)

maybe they add somthing of thier own too so it gets uniqe advantages and disadvantages over it earth coutner part.

or maybe you get a collection of documents from various races and combine them yourself to create a new hybrid weapon to put on your hybrid ships etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom