Terraria - Dig, fight, explore, build

Caporegime
Dig, fight, explore, build! Nothing is impossible in this action-packed adventure game. The world is your canvas and the ground itself is your paint.

Grab your tools and go! You can do many things in Terraria: make weapons and fight off a variety of enemies in numerous biomes, dig deep underground to find accessories, money, and other useful things, gather wood, stone, ores, and other resources to create everything you need to make the world your own and defend it. Build a house, a fort, even a castle, and people will move in to live there and perhaps even sell you different wares to assist you on your journey. But beware, there are even more challenges awaiting you... Are you up to the task?

With epic fighting, endless creative possibilties, and challenging gameplay, Terraria offers the next exciting step in the evolution of gaming.

out now:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/105600

OCUK MULTIPLAYER SERVER!!!!!!

Frenchtart's Server IP : darijato.co.uk

PASSWORD READ BELOW

Yep, Steam link is in my signature, or trust message me.
If you've played a lot and have most of the items, lets try and let the new players enjoy by running the dungeon/smashing the orbs/etc.

Also, if you want the pass, and it's a normal working day before 5, Trust is the best way to get in contact, I should reply within 30 minutes. Try not to give out the password so I can track who has it and who doesn't, so we can narrow down potential griefers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just seen this, looks actually awesome. Co-op could be brilliant. Waiting till I finished my uni work.

EDIT: oops nvm

Last edited:
Associate
Currently top seller on Steam. Surprised theres not more interest on here with all the Minecraft addicts :D

Just finished watching the dev playthrough vids, gonna go grab a copy now!

Associate
I've been waiting for this for a while. There's quite a large community that's built up waiting for this game and the developer will be adding a lot of free content/enhancing the game. It's kind of Clonk-meets-Minecraft-meets-Metroid.

Huw

Huw

Associate
Just picked this up and had a quick go, it looks really good so far. Besides the obvious similarities to Minecraft, there's also the initial bewilderment and near-defenselessness when you first start playing. But once you get into it, build a shelter and start crafting some weaponry it all opens up.

I'll post some more impressions at some point but for now, I'd say anyone who even half-liked Minecraft should take a serious look at Terraria. First impressions are very, very positive.

Edit: Here's something I wish I'd known from the start. When you're viewing recipes at a workbench, furnace or whatever, you can only see recipes for things you have the materials to create. That confused me when I was talking to the guide who told me that I could create a furnace now, even though there was no option to.

Last edited:

Huw

Huw

Associate
Well I've played some more, but I don't want to say too much because half the fun of games like these is exploring and discovering stuff for yourself.

I'll say this much: Terraria is, in many ways, exactly like Minecraft. All of the core concepts are just identical. The major differences that I've seen thus far are that Terraria has more (and more difficult) combat but also has a lot more content. It's also a lot easier to make use of the stuff you find, i.e. by providing recipes (although the aforementioned lack of recipe info until you have the required materials is annoying - but still ahead of Minecraft which provides no info whatsoever).

Don't be put off by my comments about combat though. It's more difficult but that's because of the perspective. When you get used to the platform-style combat and make some decent weapons (something I achieved in well under an hour of play) it's very tolerable. Like Minecraft there are day and night cycles; unlike Minecraft you will still be attacked during the day, but only by easy enemies.

One last thing I want to mention is housing. Apparently if you build houses you will actually attract NPCs to move in. I don't know what the benefits are because I want to discover it on my own, but at a guess they must provide bonuses or sell you certain items.

Oh, and characters are persistent across worlds. You can make multiple worlds, or even play on friends' worlds, and the same character will have the same inventory, health etc. I really like that, and I'm looking forward to playing the multiplayer modes. I think Terraria was made with multiplayer in mind really.

Having a blast! It's well worth the £6 - or £4.50 in the four-pack that I believe expires next Monday.

Back
Top Bottom