Terraria - Dig, fight, explore, build

Caporegime
Oh man. As much as I love this game (a lot) I really, really suck at it.

The bosses they added in 1.4 are bullet-hell type bosses and I've got absolutely no chance. Still get my ass handed to me by the mid-game bosses like Twins and Fishron.

At pretty much the same point in every playthrough I give up :p I can feel it happening again :p

Still a great game, but when the difficulty ramps up you've either got the reflexes and persistence to get past the bosses, or you don't.

Associate
I really want to get back into this but I find it such a time sink and I just don't have that time at the moment. For me I need to play regularly to remember what it was that I was doing or working towards otherwise I forget and end up starting again.

I did think about picking up the Switch version as I do seem to have more time for handheld gaming but I don't really want to play without mouse and keyboard.

My OH is supposed to be going out tomorrow, maybe I'll just try and get as far as I can in a single stint to scratch the itch.

Soldato
Oh man. As much as I love this game (a lot) I really, really suck at it.

The bosses they added in 1.4 are bullet-hell type bosses and I've got absolutely no chance. Still get my ass handed to me by the mid-game bosses like Twins and Fishron.

At pretty much the same point in every playthrough I give up :p I can feel it happening again :p

Still a great game, but when the difficulty ramps up you've either got the reflexes and persistence to get past the bosses, or you don't.

Which boss are you stuck on? One thing that does help is working towards the best weapons in the game. I know you have to unlock parts with defeating each boss, but you can still have a decent part upto that boss.

Also, until you have the better weapons, you need to make an arena for the boss you're fighting. It's very rare you can just fight bosses on normal terrain, due to the way they launch their attacks etc.

I soloed through the whole game, so definitely possible with 1 player :)

Soldato
I bought this during the Steam sale and I've not the faintest idea on what I'm doing. I get the same issue here as I do in MineCraft, once I load a new world, I'm wandering around aimlessly without any ideas on progression. What are some of the first things I should be doing? Is there any good guides for a starting point?

Caporegime
Which boss are you stuck on? One thing that does help is working towards the best weapons in the game. I know you have to unlock parts with defeating each boss, but you can still have a decent part upto that boss.

Also, until you have the better weapons, you need to make an arena for the boss you're fighting. It's very rare you can just fight bosses on normal terrain, due to the way they launch their attacks etc.

I soloed through the whole game, so definitely possible with 1 player :)
Oh I know how the game works, I've put 100s of hours into it :p I'm just not very good at dodging :p

Btw the most recent (and last) patch put in some bosses that will always 1-hit kill every single player regardless of equipment (Empress of Light).

I guess they listened to all the players that were saying the game was too easy :p Also Master Mode is pretty much 1-hit-kills you, only for every single boss because they all do 3x damage, lol. Don't think I'll bother with that mode!

Soldato
Oh I know how the game works, I've put 100s of hours into it :p I'm just not very good at dodging :p

Btw the most recent (and last) patch put in some bosses that will always 1-hit kill every single player regardless of equipment (Empress of Light).

I guess they listened to all the players that were saying the game was too easy :p Also Master Mode is pretty much 1-hit-kills you, only for every single boss because they all do 3x damage, lol. Don't think I'll bother with that mode!

It definitely needs that mode because when you get the zenith sword, you pretty much 1-hit-kill all bosses on normal mode. It does an absolute insane amount of DPS.

Caporegime
It definitely needs that mode because when you get the zenith sword, you pretty much 1-hit-kill all bosses on normal mode. It does an absolute insane amount of DPS.
Ah well I guess that's where the problem lies.

If I create an Expert world I always roll a new character.

I've never taken a char from a Normal world with end-game gear into a new Expert world.

Neither would I take a char with end-game gear into a new Master world. It totally defeats the point.

Roll a new char in a new Master mode world if you genuinely think the game isn't challenging enough :p

I play exclusively in Expert worlds and I roll a new char every time I roll a new world. Always start from scratch.

Maybe that makes me a masochist but I don't want to steamroll the early game.

Soldato
In case anyone is in the know:

What's this like on android? And can you crossplay with someone on PC? My daughter wants to give this a try, and her playing on her Kindle fire while I am on PC would be the easiest way to organise it.

Back
Top Bottom