AKG Q701 - Roughly £100 before duty

Caporegime
These are on a special deal for the next 48 hours

first of all you need to join massdrop which you can do using the link below

https://www.massdrop.com/r/6HW75F

then search for akg q701 and it's total price is $162.98 USD and that price includes shipping to the UK.

they are currently around £200 here in the UK. even after duty that is a whopping saving

Caporegime
OP
ordered, cheers.

£95.82 is what google says at the current exchange rate.

you won't find a better headphone for gaming period is what I have been told going off reviews from head fi for that price anyway

it's pretty much one of the best for gaming, the only issue is it is very very power hungry and you need a decent amp. the bumps have also been known to be uncomfortable, if they are I am sure I can mod it with some fluffy socks or something lol

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad...e-4-17-2014-akg-k612-and-k712-pro-added-edits

look down for the Q701 review

edit:

what colour did you go for? I went for lime green which are currently £300 here lol that is a saving of over £200. I'm hoping customs don't catch it but if it does it's still a ridiculous deal.

edit 2:

Just so people know, we're getting low on lime....

that was posted an hour ago on the deal - get your orders in ASAP

Last edited:
Associate
I have the Q701 and this is a facking steal. I think the Q701 are one of the best headphones in any proce range.

Slightly warm, nice tone, huge stage and reference level neutral.

Caporegime
OP
I have the Q701 and this is a facking steal. I think the Q701 are one of the best headphones in any proce range.

Slightly warm, nice tone, huge stage and reference level neutral.

I also have Q701 and agree, crazy price!

lol that's why I posted it insane when i saw it. I had to google to see how much it was in pounds as I know the pound is very strong atm against the dollar.

let all your friends know they are about to run out very quickly.

the deal has taken off in Australia, etc too where they have issues getting stuff like this for cheap (much like here) but apparently they haven't had many UK buyers.

they need to be quick though lime is almost all gone and i think black has gone completely

edit:

"Generally correct. Our overview page says:
"Estimated time until product ships: 10 business days after the drop end date."

The drop-end date is Monday June 23rd, and 10 business days after that is July 7th. This is an _estimate_ it's highly dependent on how quickly AKG prepares the shipment (they need to confirm receipt of the wire transfer, pack everything onto skids and then on freight trucks, send it to our warehouse, and then we'll receive it and ship it back out. It's possible we'll get it before July 7th, or after, but that's our best estimate."

long lead time though

Last edited:
Associate
You may be ok but just incase times the UK price by 0.2 and add about £13 for the stupid parcel force charges.

No matter what you will always get the £13 charge.

Caporegime
OP
Will I pay much duty on these?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/internet.htm

it won't be much. probably £15-£30

since the value of the goods is 88.15 British Pound Sterling (the price excluding shipping).

customs might not care tbh.

they try and hit stuff worth hundreds of pounds as there is so many packages coming in they cannot hit them all

what colour did you go for?

Last edited:
Soldato
Black not available so went white. I'll try them out, if don't like them I will easily make the cash back on the bay. If I prefer them over the X1s, they will be going back to amazon.

Caporegime
OP
Black not available so went white. I'll try them out, if don't like them I will easily make the cash back on the bay. If I prefer them over the X1s, they will be going back to amazon.

these won't ship for another 2 weeks (estimated) and delivery times from USA aren't exactly next day neither, then there is clearing customs, etc.

have you already ordered X1's? or have them in your possession?

you should have went for green then - they are £300 on a certain site here, selling them on and making money wouldn't be a problem

Soldato
Really tempted to buy the AKG K812 as they are also on deal, I have had K701 (wore them until they died) and now have Q701 and K550.

I currently have a Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC and Lyr amp (Matched pair 6N1P-VI tubes) which I run both from picking depending on background noise.

Anyone have any comments on how the K812 would perform and compare?

Edit: Ah damn, looks like the K812 deal is US only and I am not back in Florida until the end of the year! Oh well, next time.

Caporegime
OP
Cheers for the link.

These look interesting - https://www.massdrop.com/buy/shure-se535 - anyone own a pair?

No problem.

Serious amount of money to drop on some IEM's I doubt many on here would spend that kind of cash on IEM's. Head Fi and theheadphonelist website should have the info your looking for.

I'm amazed at the range of stuff the site does these mass buy deals on but nothing else really takes my fancy apart from a chefs knife.

Back
Top Bottom