• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wondering How To Get A Job As A Gaming Scientist? Ask Richard Huddy from AMD!

Caporegime
Have you ever wondered how AMD's Richard Huddy got his awesome job as Chief Gaming Scientist? Well now you get the chance to find out by putting your questions to the man himself, Huddy will answer your best questions via video. The video is taking place on the 9th of October at KitGuru UK, so please ensure you have submitted all your questions in advance of this date.

YUEQk0h.jpg

To coincide with this we're planning to give away a whole host of game codes to people who submit the funniest, yet real questions. The game codes up for grabs are Sniper Elite V3 and Murdered Soul Suspect. We welcome a touch of humour to the questions, but please remember to keep the questions clean folks. This is your chance to ask Richard Huddy any technical questions, make it count OcuK.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Thought I'd ask a question too, but don't worry i won't win a code. :p

With such an awesome job title, working for such an awesome company, how long do you think it will be until we have 'real life' TressFX hair effects?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Richard, what does your job title involve mainly, and what was the one defining moment for you in PC gaming specifically?

Also as a fellow hair free humanoid, is it a case of the less hair you have the higher your pay grade?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Do you consider Mantle a success? With the likes of Thief taking months and months to get Crossfire support and Sniper Elite V3 now only getting single GPU support after being out for months and that doesn't have Crossfire support either, could AMD work closer with the game devs to get Mantle into the game before it is launched?

One of my main gripes with AMD is how slow they are to get things done/fixed and I would love to see them on the ball when a Mantle title is announced.

Caporegime
What is it that attracts Brits to AMD?

It just seems everyother AMD employee i newly discover has a British accent, well having said that Roy's accent is almost British, he seems to have developed a misfitting U.S twang in his speech.

Last edited:

jkb

jkb

Associate
What exactly does a gaming scientist do? Are you a real scientist or is it just a job title and is that white jacket you are wearing in the picture just a posh lab coat!

Caporegime
I have no questions,your products are PERFECT!!!!

game code please:D:eek::p
245zxhy.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Richard, would AMD ever consider funding a game studio? providing it with their tech etc to make games on their behalf? also what is your personal top 5 games of all times?

Back
Top Bottom