£10,000 And I Don't Want It!! Arrghhhh!

Soldato
it's only 2 days pay and it makes him happy knowing I'm making other people happy

He can make me happy, if he likes. £10,000 would go a hell of a long way :p

I'd take it, you're more likely to offend if you don't. Even if you just stick it in a fund for your kids when they turn 18.

Soldato
Who would you rather have it - you who could get a ton of enjoyment out of it or the guy who it means nothing to, and would get more enjoyment out of giving it to you than he would having it sit in his incredibly large bank account for ever?

Soldato
Pride is a terrible thing.

I vote for cash it, and put the 10k somewhere safe for a rainy day (such as if his business falls over, and you'd like to be able to return it).

Associate
OP
Best my friend just offered me 10k to bang my missus what shall I do thread ever.

Ohwait..

I'll quote a message i got from him "Im pretty encouragable with woman too, you would think Id calm down as we get older...well sod that ".

BUT NOT MY MISSUS!!! lol

Soldato
You should distribute it to a student who is apprehensive about their ability to pay for an accommodation deposit for university. Like, uh. Well. We're buddies right? :D

Seriously though, your friend just wants to share the wealth with you, I don't see why that's a problem. Just make sure that he's not going to change his mind about it after you've spent it. Preferably on paper.

Suspended
Cash it mate.

If I was mega rich, I would do the same for my friends and would be disappointed if they refused.

He's just trying to inject a bit more happiness in your life. Don't let your pride get in your way. Cash it, do something good with the family like a nice expensive holiday and maybe email him some nice pics or the like.

It will make his day I promise you.

I tell you what though, for someone so educated and obviously very smart, his handwritings a bit ropey!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If you don't cash it, you're an idiot.

Stubborn people that refuse help from friends and family annoy me quite a lot. It's just foolishness, nothing more.

Associate
OP
Cash it mate.

If I was mega rich, I would do the same for my friends and would be disappointed if they refused.

He's just trying to inject a bit more happiness in your life. Don't let your pride get in your way. Cash it, do something good with the family like a nice expensive holiday and maybe email him some nice pics or the like.

It will make his day I promise you.

now this gives me goosepimples and makes me want to cry lol ....

Man of Honour
Why??

Ever heard of the phrase....."Charity begins at home"

You look after yourself first.

It's just not in my nature to accept it. And while I'm certainly not rich there are people far worse off than myself who could do with the help. For example maybe I could persuade him to donate it to a charity for sick children. Maybe that money is then used to send a terminally ill child on a holiday of a lifetime... Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing for all three of us (him, me and the person receiving the gift)?

Back
Top Bottom