• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

100% usage cpu

Soldato
The 10400F is a perfectly fine budget CPU...

Has two big draw backs other than price for me. It’s on a dead end platform and the product stack is weak.

If you already had a system with a Z490 and Pentium or i3 quad core for some strange reason, then it’s a worthwhile drop in upgrade. Outside of that situation not so much.

Caporegime
Has two big draw backs other than price for me. It’s on a dead end platform and the product stack is weak.

If you already had a system with a Z490 and Pentium or i3 quad core for some strange reason, then it’s a worthwhile drop in upgrade. Outside of that situation not so much.

Its fine for a 3060, he kept the last CPU for 5 years clearly he's a long term hardware holder, by the time it gets to him wanting to upgrade his CPU again he will have to change the platform again anyway. :)

Caporegime
The 5600G is over priced, about £50 over priced, AMD don't have anything Zen 3 in the £150 to £175 price bracket and while they don't need it because they are selling everything they make they really should have something in that price bracket to give people on a tighter budget that option. Because anyone can appreciate a good CPU and remember who made it.

Soldato
Its fine for a 3060, he kept the last CPU for 5 years clearly he's a long term hardware holder, by the time it gets to him wanting to upgrade his CPU again he will have to change the platform again anyway. :)

Yes, I’m just addressing the mis information and confusion as to why AMD are the obvious choice. AMD are just better in every metric.

I’m somewhat confused to why people are confused.

Associate
I would suggest ruling out any software related issues by doing a fresh install of windows (reduce troubleshooting time to 30 minutes instead of <infinity :)). GTA should be running a lot better than it is on your hardware.

You're going to need to upgrade your CPU to unlock the full potential of your 3060, especially @ 1080p.

Soldato
The 5600G is over priced, about £50 over priced, AMD don't have anything Zen 3 in the £150 to £175 price bracket and while they don't need it because they are selling everything they make they really should have something in that price bracket to give people on a tighter budget that option. Because anyone can appreciate a good CPU and remember who made it.

You are right AMD don’t. But what they do have is a large unified platform for drop in upgrades and lower priced 12nm with a much better price to performance ratio that are motherboard agnostic.

Caporegime
Yes, I’m just addressing the mis information and confusion as to why AMD are the obvious choice. AMD are just better in every metric.

I’m somewhat confused to why people are confused.
Except one, in this case, £80 is a huge issue when you're just looking for something to drive your mid range GPU.

The FX-8300 was an objectively bad CPU, you couldn't click on a PC hardware related hyper link and read about how bad it was, yet AMD still sold million up on millions of them, because they were cheap and they were good enough to drive a midrange GPU.

People like Hardware Unboxed want AMD to sell objectively far better CPU's than what Intel are pushing out right now like they are still FX CPU's, those people are idiots but there is a middle ground AMD are not servicing.

Associate
Something is wrong, i could run gta5 with redux and a 2070 at 60fps plus with i5 6600k...the cpu was 100%...hell i even run it with 970 and redux...heres a quick vid :)

Associate
Exactly. I had a 6600k and 980ti, it ran fine. To the people saying 6700k is 7 years old or whatever, so is GTA V lol or even older! It was on xbox360!

I swapped the 6600k for a 6700k about 3 years ago ish. Swapped the 980ti for a 2080ti.

I play at 4k though but still never 100% the CPU, Cyberpunk would get to about 80-90%. At 1080p the CPU is perfect still on a very old game like this.

Associate
Exactly. I had a 6600k and 980ti, it ran fine. To the people saying 6700k is 7 years old or whatever, so is GTA V lol or even older! It was on xbox360!

I swapped the 6600k for a 6700k about 3 years ago ish. Swapped the 980ti for a 2080ti.

I play at 4k though but still never 100% the CPU, Cyberpunk would get to about 80-90%. At 1080p the CPU is perfect still on a very old game like this.
My brother is still using the 6700k with a 980ti, he still does pretty good on games, bf5 for instance he gets average of over 70fps maxed out at 1440p, the 6700k is still a good cpu imo

Soldato
Nice going guys he/she Joined: 10 Oct 2021 & well lasted a day and you all scared him/her off.. Damn and we need more new blood here :cry:.
Well at least CAT tried to help in the right way.. and JediFragger missed the action it seems :p.

tayvon was last seen:
11 Oct 2021

:cry:

Also he/she had a 4GB 3060.. that I wanted a picture of...

Back
Top Bottom