Dexter season 1-4
Band of Brothers boxset
The Pacific Boxset
Breaking Bad season 1-3
Arrested Development boxset

Fender American Stratocaster.

Soldato
OP
Why not a holiday? one big holiday or two smaller weekend type city breaks!

You like the "idea" of ipad etc? Do you need it/will you use it a lot? If not then its just a massive waste.

I don't think anyone who buys an Ipad "needs" it. It's just good to have and handy. I would probably use it daily to check e-mails from the couch etc rather than firing up the pc. I would also use it on the train as I do a lot of travelling.

I have been all the holidays I can be bothered with, there really not my cup of tea. I'm a homing pigeon.

Soldato
OP
Loving some of the suggestions so far, the stupid and the serious. A few people mentioned a bike license. I was actually originally planning on doing that, still pondering that one.

The HD projector was another one... really love the idea of this, got a few places I could put it aswell.

The other is a nice new mountain bike, I did a lot when I was younger; would be nice to get back into it.

Soldato
OP
Some bits n bobs for the car ?
Ipad ?
New audio ( A/V receiver + good speakers)
New tv ?
Lots of small things, like portable speakers, wireless controls for your pc from bed, etc ?
(waterproof) Bathroom Computer for entertainment when you're on the throne ?
Extra data server ?
A new comfy bed or couch ?
Elec guitar + amp.
Cheapo 300 quid car purely to rag to destruction ?
Bike license ?
New phone ?
New clothes ?
Couple of really nice nights out ?
Hookers ?
Something like that helicopter on top gear you can control with your iphone ?
RC Drifters ?
Buy all consoles if you're into games ?

Brilliant ideas! The 300 quid car sounds pretty fun, don't fancy getting stopped by the police and explaining though. I'm a sensible loony!

The bed is another i'm considering, I do fancy a new one. I have everything else except the bathroom kit, even I couldn't justify that for all the time I'm in there.

Man of Honour
Question to the side, but why do some people have an inability to save things for a rainy day?

I can sometimes understand if it's to do with tax etc., but by and large doing the above would be the most prudent course of action. You'll get to six months later when a laptop needs repairing etc., and a nice wad of cash would be helpful.

Saving for a rainy day is all good if you have that type of sensible personality. If you don't then saving for a rainy day may seem incredibly boring. There's no right or wrong. It's bloody hard to resist all these gadgets you see though.

To answer the op. Go and by a nice watch, will last you a life time and when it breaks/needs a service you know who to send it too.

Soldato
:rolleyes:

If I got £1,000 I'd donate some to charity. It's hardly lol-worthy.

Why? Donating some money you don't need to charity seems like a selfless act to me. It takes a better person to do this than just waste it on crap.

If a £1000 came out of the blue right now I'd buy the wife a new bicycle. Any left would go into my savings...

Calm down gents, he just obviously isn't going to donate it to charity.

Caporegime
captain-hindsight1.jpg

Lol. Was that directed at jl_bl_68? If it was it makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom