£1200 - Dell Studio XPS 16 - with ssd?

Soldato
Ah in that case I may opt for the 3670

Wouldn't class myself as a hard core gamer in anyway, just so CSS and CO4/5 if I'm bored of reading forums or watching films........

Going to give these guys a call and see how it pans out :)

Many thanks for your help..

p.s. You said your happy with the keyboard, does it flexs at all and is it back lit?

Associate
:) Yeah give them a call, usually you can haggle some freebies along with a drop in price.

There is no flex in the keyboard, its very solid. All the Studio XPS range come with backlit keyboards.

Associate
mine has a tiny amount of flex in the middle. It is backlit (and since having one I couldnt go back!)
It is also the nicest laptop keyboard I have used for typing, and I have been through an awful lot of laptops!

Associate
I just got one off outlet around £1200 all in (4gb, 500gb, BD etc). Only has the ATI 3670 but has brand new 3.06 cpu. Not interested in gaming I have a main PC for that. I like they keyboard and the screen is very nice. I prefer the touchpad and click buttons off my old 17" XPS Dell however.

Seemed fairly warm after a couple of hours of installing/patching things up but not stupidly hot.

Can you get a 9 cell battery from Dell direct?

Soldato
I just got one off outlet around £1200 all in (4gb, 500gb, BD etc). Only has the ATI 3670 but has brand new 3.06 cpu. Not interested in gaming I have a main PC for that. I like they keyboard and the screen is very nice. I prefer the touchpad and click buttons off my old 17" XPS Dell however.

Seemed fairly warm after a couple of hours of installing/patching things up but not stupidly hot.

Can you get a 9 cell battery from Dell direct?

Yes I got one from Dell, although they can be had from the bay but would rather go direct for something as important as a battery...

What screen have you got?

Associate
Full HD RGB Led screen. 1920 x 1080. Was the only one on outlet with the 3.06 as it wasn't an available CPU for home users (I think it was a cancelled/sent back business order).

My m8 bought one (brand new) via business and got it for 1k+vat (his is 4670 & 2.8 cpu). The list price was like 1800 quid and he just spoke to them and they discounted it down. They are also doing a lot of discount vouchers I think for 5% off.

I think you can haggle a bit direct. Probably gets them commision.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
OP
capturea.png

i keep checking every few hours with my fingers crossed. will you all pray for me to go to the next step.

so looking forward to receiving this - havnt had a new toy in a long while.

Soldato
Looks a good purchase - with a nice upgrade path :)

Yes

I've read you can upgrade most parts although an SSD and or a new graphics card is all I would bother with, I like to play some COD4/5 and CSS here and there if I'm bored of an evening but what I like is desktop real estate and this screen will give me just that so fingers crossed I like it lol

Back
Top Bottom