• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

13700KF Temps

Permabanned
Weird bios MSI.

no that's intels spec's, MSI is just helping you run the CPU right. try fully uncapped on a low profile cooler.... but on the flip run the cpu capped at 125w on custom water.
What MSI did is a good thing for people that dont know what to adjust in bios for intel specs, they made a simple tic box its good

and the running the CPU uncapped at 4069w was been on every brand of intel board its not MSI

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the info guys. Will hopefully have a bit of time tomorrow night to install a rear fan and cap the P1/P2 wattages in BIOS. I had noticed cooler type was set to water too, so changed that to tower cooler. Hopefully that will cool things down a bit.

After that my sons are staying with me for 9 days so there won't be much time for PC tinkering next week. Definitely going to think about an AIO though too, I've always been a bit nervous of liquid cooling but I assume AIOs are fairly straightforward to set up and install?

Soldato
Doing this will cap p1 and p2 for you. You don’t need to change anything more
No it does not. My last board was a z690 unifyi. PL numbers are always over 4000 regardless of setting. Always had to change it, melts in CB15 or whatever otherwise. If other people's boards work fine, all cool.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for all the info guys. Will hopefully have a bit of time tomorrow night to install a rear fan and cap the P1/P2 wattages in BIOS. I had noticed cooler type was set to water too, so changed that to tower cooler. Hopefully that will cool things down a bit.

After that my sons are staying with me for 9 days so there won't be much time for PC tinkering next week. Definitely going to think about an AIO though too, I've always been a bit nervous of liquid cooling but I assume AIOs are fairly straightforward to set up and install?
Just double check regardless of what cooler type you choose is my advice.

Permabanned
No it does not. My last board was a z690 unifyi. PL numbers are always over 4000 regardless of setting. Always had to change it, melts in CB15 or whatever otherwise. If other people's boards work fine, all cool.

Just double check regardless of what cooler type you choose is my advice.

You are probably right then. Got rid of mine a long ago. Good job MSI.

So your just chatting crap then. :D :D :D

Last edited:
Soldato
So your just chatting crap then. :D :D :D
You got psychological issues? It is common knowledge that everything that I stated occurs on MSI boards, be my guest and go to many other forums with same issues. I had a Z690 mobo and the PL numbers are overshot by miles and you are a absolute liar who suggests otherwise. If MSI have fixed this very, very recently then good for them, you can keep your anal attitudes to yourself.

Permabanned
You got psychological issues? It is common knowledge that everything that I stated occurs on MSI boards, be my guest and go to many other forums with same issues. I had a Z690 mobo and the PL numbers are overshot by miles and you are a absolute liar who suggests otherwise. If MSI have fixed this very, very recently then good for them, you can keep your anal attitudes to yourself.

So I’ll buy a z690 msi board and if your wrong you will cover the cost because it’s common knowledge this happens?

Permabanned
The 13700KF has 24 threads and 160w in Cinebench would indicate severe throttling
remove the E-Cores and try again

bless sticking your boot in...

8E cores
8P cores and 16P threads

the E cores are Atome cores and only carry one thread and are not used at full load
info from intel.... at base clock the CPU will use 125 W,,, at max turbo 253 W, ((cooling dependent))

The 13700KF has 24 threads and 160w in Cinebench would indicate severe throttling
this CPU would compilate Cinebench in the same way any cpu would.. max none turbo speed and well under the TDP(if cooling is ok)

Last edited:
Associate
remove the E-Cores and try again

bless sticking your boot in...

8E cores
8P cores and 16P threads

the E cores are Atome cores and only carry one thread and are not used at full load
info from intel.... at base clock the CPU will use 125 W,,, at max turbo 253 W, ((cooling dependent))

this CPU would compilate Cinebench in the same way any cpu would.. max none turbo speed and well under the TDP(if cooling is ok)
E cores aren't atom cores, and they still count as threads... and they are still used at full load. A lack of hyperthreading doesn't make it not a real core/thread. I don't know what you keep babbling on about but its mostly wrong mate.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry but you’re wrong.
E cores aren't atom cores, and they still count as threads... and they are still used at full load. A lack of hyperthreading doesn't make it not a real core/thread. I don't know what you keep babbling on about but its mostly wrong mate.

The E core is Atom.

Atom family of CPUs.
  • 2008: Bonnell
  • 2011: Saltwell
  • 2013: Silvermont
  • 2015: Airmont
  • 2016: Goldmont
  • 2017: Goldmont Plus
  • 2020: Tremont
  • 2021: Gracemont

Last edited:
Soldato
Guess I wasn't aware it was part of the Atom family. Doesn't really invalidate anything else I said, though.

It kind of does. Intel have two very different architectures with very different abilities to process workloads. Tasks are sorted sent to right core for the task. It’s not one unified coherent chip. Some tasks are lake or Atom depending what bucket they are in.

Associate
It kind of does. Intel have two very different architectures with very different abilities to process workloads. Tasks are sorted sent to right core for the task. It’s not one unified coherent chip. Some tasks are lake or Atom depending what bucket they are in.
It definitely doesn't because what I actually said was that a 13700K/F can hit the power limit in Cinebench, has 24 threads and that the E cores are fully utilized in Cinebench. The E cores being a different architecture that rely on the thread director doesn't mean you can pretend that they aren't actual cores.

Back
Top Bottom