• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

13700KF Temps

Soldato
It definitely doesn't because what I actually said was that a 13700K/F can hit the power limit in Cinebench, has 24 threads and that the E cores are fully utilized in Cinebench. The E cores being a different architecture that rely on the thread director doesn't mean you can pretend that they aren't actual cores.

What you said in the post I quoted is wrong. The Atom and Lake cores aren’t equal and/or interchangeable.

I’m not pretending the Atom aren’t real lol, they might make the chip slower and be better to be ignored at times. I suppose at that point they are… maybe pointless, but definitely still real lol.

Anyway. This thread is about dealing with the issue of cooling, not the finer details of Lake+Atom mashup chip.

Last edited:
Associate
What you said in the post I quoted is wrong. The Atom and Lake cores aren’t equal and/or interchangeable.

I’m not pretending the Atom aren’t real lol, they might make the chip slower and be better to be ignored at times. I suppose at that point they are… maybe pointless, but definitely still real lol.

Anyway. This thread is about dealing with a issue cooling, not the finer details of Lake+Atom mashup chip.
I didn't say or imply the E cores are equal or interchangeable to P cores, just thought it was called something else is all.

My post was entirely focused on how the 13700K/F behaves in Cinebench from the perspective of power draw.

Associate
OP
I bit the bullet in the end and, after doing some reading up, ordered a DeepCool LS520 SE AIO. Kinda wish I'd bought that in the beginning really, as it was only £20 more than the tower cooler I'm using atm. I never thought I'd need water cooling if I'm not overclocking, but Intel and AMD seem to run their chips pretty hot these days. My 5900X was a hottie too.

I need to do some reading up on installing an AIO, but presumably best practice is fans in the front of the case, and radiator at top to vent heat out of the case?

Back
Top Bottom