• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

We don't even know that yet, only a small number of people claiming failure rates are that high. I know people who are running loads of 13th and 14th gen systems who've only encountered a tiny number of CPUs which are failing in certain situations which are probably this problem.

Also something that may be relevant, though mixed laptop, etc. systems might go against that a bit - in these contexts where a studio or server hosting company does a big update to their hardware they'll often be provided via trayed CPUs - so may be a batch problem.
CPU is ****ed. end of.

Last edited by a moderator:
If i9s with 1.503v vcore are failing rapidly, what's happening to the 1.483v parts? Are those enduring, or just degrading more slowly? Ideally they will want to find what the long-term safe voltage is, because going forward all chips that can't run at or below that voltage will have to be discarded. That's going to need physical inspection of a whole pile of both failed and working chips. Not easy or cheap.

As I've previously posted, people who work for Intel have previous kind of mentioned they don't run theirs above 1.45V... probably not an idle comment.

As I've previously posted, people who work for Intel have previous kind of mentioned they don't run theirs above 1.45V... probably not an idle comment.
Is 1.45v the max safe recommeded voltage as I've run some benchmarks/heavy loads on my 13600K with alittle undervolt and it doesn't go above 1.1v but I've seen a few posts where peoples I9's are running above 1.45v

Last edited:
Is 1.45v the max safe recommeded voltage as I've run some benchmarks/heavy loads on my 13600K with alittle undervolt and it doesn't go above 1.1v but I've seen a few posts where peoples I9's are running above 1.45v

The Intel datasheet specs VCC up to 1.72V - individual cores I've seen pushing past 1.6V on some CPUs. I dunno what is max safe just aware of conversations in the past where people who work for Intel have mentioned they don't run their 13th/14th gen CPUs over 1.45V but just a throw away comment so may not be meaningful.

I am off to the red side, 7800X3D and Asrock B650 Tachi ordered from overclockers.
Been with Intel a long time but my recent stability issues have been a PITA and even though the recent bios updates have helped i feel like it's just going to fail at some point so not taking the chance.

The Intel datasheet specs VCC up to 1.72V - individual cores I've seen pushing past 1.6V on some CPUs. I dunno what is max safe just aware of conversations in the past where people who work for Intel have mentioned they don't run their 13th/14th gen CPUs over 1.45V but just a throw away comment so may not be meaningful.

Jesus Christ...

35 years of knowing the difference between a healthy CPU and a broken one.

lol, wise words. Considering your chronic allergy for wholesome facts, that's about as true a statement as we can hope to expect from someone with zero experience with Intel's hybrid architecture.

VCC spec hasn't changed from 12th Gen, also note that the datasheet is irrelevant the moment we enable XMP, or in some cases simply plug it into an enthusiast motherboard. Given that the large majority of 14th gen CPUs will have a fused VID beyond 1.45v I'm confident in saying that number is largely unimportant. There are power users who've got samples from before launch day who have been running higher VIDs, and they're still working and not exhibiting problems. Intel is telling vendors to adhere to the spec closer since all this came to light which results in more loadline and in turn more voltage under load, not less. That last bit is a fact, not speculation - so run wild with that.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Base profile losses performance ?

Depends on the workload. Gaming, no. High current all core workloads, yes some.

IMG_5266.png

Depends on the workload. Gaming, no. High current all core workloads, yes some.

IMG_5266.png
Well if this fixes the issue on non degraded chips its a trade off I imagine most will be happy to swallow. Honestly its nothing that anyone would really notice in real world scenarios.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom