• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

Soldato

That was a micky take of this back in the day "Nobody Ever Got Fired for Buying IBM" ..

Then we had also "If it's not Boeing I'm not going"... we know how that one turned out too...

How the world has changed :cry: ... Intel need to remember these things as even the best of the best fail with enough time.

Last edited:
Associate
Some may criticise my personal approach which has tended to be “I trust Intel performance, therefore I’ll stick with them”.

I’ve never had an i9 or equivalent so it shouldn’t affect my next purchase. However, unless this gets contained people like are surely going to be cautious about commiting to Intel?

Soldato
They're deep in hot water now, it'll be sleepless nights for many in the company, as how they handle this could utterly smash the share price.

It's already not being handled well.

Last edited:
Soldato
They're deep in hot water now, it'll be sleepless nights for many in the company, as how they handle this could utterly smash the share price.

down 30% from 2020/2021, surprising how much they've lost. Just goes to show how little confidence there is from investors.

G J

G J

Associate
And yes, karma and Schadenfreude is a dish best served cold. No corporate is our friend or is clean, but Intel have played quite dirty over the decades.
Yep as there's a few people that like a company abit too much that have some strange fantasy about AMD pushing Intel's face in the dirt doing to it what Intel did to others under the guise of karma not realising that now makes them just as bad as Intel.

Associate
Yep as there's a few people that like a company abit too much that have some strange fantasy about AMD pushing Intel's face in the dirt doing to it what Intel did to others under the guise of karma not realising that now makes them just as bad as Intel.
nope.
having personally witnessed Intel's 'strong arm' tactics I don't believe that AMD could ever stoop that low.

Last edited:
Soldato
Despite the vocal Gelsinger fanclub - "Finally an engineer back at the helm!" - not only the way this has been handled since the proverbial hit the fan, but also the decision to push 13th and 14th gen so hard; all of these things took place under the current leadership.

The handling of this so far seems to be at Nvidia bumbgate level* of basically saying there is nothing to see here.

*Nvidia had to be kicked into admitting anything at all and where their fans on, for example, Reddit questions about why Apple ditched them for good, still to this day deny there was any problem "as everyone had trouble with the change to lead-free solder". Yes other had some issues, Nvidia product at the time had near 100% failure over time.

nope.
having personally witnessed Intel's 'strong arm' tactics I don't believe that AMD could ever stoop that low.
Well never say never, but not only would their whole corporate culture have to change, but they'd also have to be this huge juggernaut.
Long-term for consumers we want roughly equal market share to keep companies on their toes and somewhat honest. A current overshoot of AMD climbing to 60% before Intel gets its act together followed by years of 60/40 then 40/60 etc. would be the ideal for consumers. That and serious competition to x86.

Last edited:
Associate
nope.
AMD can be every bit as scummy as Intel, they're just a bit more careful to keep it legal than Intel has been.

Recently AMD completely shafted many of the customers who depend on their programmable logic chips - existential 'going out of business' level shafting. I could rant at length about their appalling behaviour, but this probably isn't the place.

Associate
AMD can be every bit as scummy as Intel, they're just a bit more careful to keep it legal than Intel has been.

Recently AMD completely shafted many of the customers who depend on their programmable logic chips - existential 'going out of business' level shafting. I could rant at length about their appalling behaviour, but this probably isn't the place.
well at least AMD haven't used strong arm tactics, BRIBERY (aka Dell) or 'customer retention' schemes yet.

Man of Honour

Many years ago but there was a few instances of them leaving people I know holding the baby so to speak after AMD talked them into doing something then left them high and dry which is why I won't buy AMD when there are other options. Not that nVidia or Intel is much better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom