• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

Cool that they will work in existing motherboards. I've really liked this 12400, as it sips power and with any sort of functioning cooler (not Intel stock) it's super cool.
14600 looks like it'll be similarly efficient.

https://wccftech.com/intel-14th-gen-core-i9-14900k-i7-14700k-i5-14600k-cpu-specs-leak-higher-clocks/
As I said, slightly higher clock speeds and significantly greater power consumption, an epic fail. It's concerning how Intel looks right now; they definitely need to make some changes.

They'll be just fine.

Raptorlake Refresh will be a nice little 5-10% bump over existing Raptorlake and in Q3-Q4 next year we'll get their new architecture with some pretty big perf increases.

Last edited:
They'll be just fine.

Raptorlake Refresh will be a nice little 5-10% bump over existing Raptorlake and in Q3-Q4 next year we'll get their new architecture with some pretty big perf increases.
They will survive, but they won't be fine. Slightly better performance for significantly higher consumption, plus a dead-end platform

In all fairness if someone's been on a Z690 mobo then that's 3 generations of CPU a person could go through, That's quite unheard of from Intel.
Only RPL can be called a new generation; the 14 series is practically a refresh, a cheap tactic from Intel. They could release another 10 such generations and boast about having an active platform, but 10 generations of refreshes are not worth mentioning, in my opinion.

They will survive, but they won't be fine. Slightly better performance for significantly higher consumption, plus a dead-end platform
Dead-end platform going forward, but an upgrade path for people already on it. Feel like you are forgetting people this part.
It will be interesting to see the power consumption on the flagship, but it's a complete non-issue for the level I buy in to. :D

Toxic gone from thread is awesome.
I will be grabbing 14700KF for fun.About time Intel did 3 generations and they and there parteners will make money from people like me.
Owned Z690 DDR4/Z690 DDR5/Z790 DDR5 Motherboard with various 12600K/12900K/13700KF.

U1Zna42.png
5800X is slipping down the charts, buwawawa *Sniff*

Toxic gone from thread is awesome.
I will be grabbing 14700KF for fun.About time Intel did 3 generations and they and there parteners will make money from people like me.
Owned Z690 DDR4/Z690 DDR5/Z790 DDR5 Motherboard with various 12600K/12900K/13700KF.
Suspension is a powerful thing :D, the discussion can be normal even when we disagree and openly criticize companies whose products we favor

Only RPL can be called a new generation; the 14 series is practically a refresh, a cheap tactic from Intel. They could release another 10 such generations and boast about having an active platform, but 10 generations of refreshes are not worth mentioning, in my opinion.

Yep the 14th gen is a refresh, I don't think anyone is really shying away from that but it will be a perf boost, Even 10% is better than a kick in the bum and considering it can be dropped into existing B660/B770 and Z690/Z790 boards is really nice.

My younger cousin is on a B660 board and 12600K, He can now skip 13th gen, Keep his mobo and memory and drop in a 14600K giving him a really nice boost in perf :)

Yep the 14th gen is a refresh, I don't think anyone is really shying away from that but it will be a perf boost, Even 10% is better than a kick in the bum and considering it can be dropped into existing B660/B770 and Z690/Z790 boards is really nice.

My younger cousin is on a B660 board and 12600K, He can now skip 13th gen, Keep his mobo and memory and drop in a 14600K giving him a really nice boost in perf :)
It's definitely better than the Skylake era where we had to buy new motherboards for much smaller improvements, so I support any kind of progress.

If these numbers are true, Arrow Lake and Intel's 4nm/20A and Arrow Lake (15th gen desktop) are dead in the water. Zen5 should wipe the floor.

Latest MLID video is out

He says don't worry about the recent arrow lake performance leaks showing minimal gains over the Raptor lake refresh.

He says it's an early engineering sample and performance will rapidly improve as new steppings are introduced later this year and he is still claiming the final product will be 40% faster than Raptor lake core for core and that the 15900k will end up as much as 75% faster than a 13900k in multithread

Last edited:
Latest MLID video is out

He says don't worry about the recent arrow lake performance leaks showing minimal gains over the Raptor lake refresh.

He says it's an early engineering sample and performance will rapidly improve as new steppings are introduced later this year and he is still claiming the final product will be 40% faster than Raptor lake core for core and that the 15900k will end up as much as 75% faster than a 13900k in multithread

TSMC 4nm looks to be significantly better than Intel's 10nm process then. Can't wait for a deep dive into the architecture and process/scaling differences.

Can you imagine if its 75% faster than 13900k in MT, while using less power? Zen5 would have to be > 8 core per CCX to compete. Big IF though.

TSMC 4nm looks to be significantly better than Intel's 10nm process then. Can't wait for a deep dive into the architecture and process/scaling differences.

Can you imagine if its 75% faster than 13900k in MT, while using less power? Zen5 would have to be > 8 core per CCX to compete. Big IF though.

75% jump in performance and 3x~ performance per watt gains and 250% jump in IGP.

If Intel can pull that off, I think TSMC might be in trouble. This will bring all of TSMC’s customers to Intel.

I think it’s only the IGP that is 4nm TSMC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom