• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

But your argument is more cores = better. Surely with that theory, the 5950x which has 10 more cores over the 5600x3d should not be getting beaten so readily. Cache is more important than cores to most game engines. The longevity argument just doesn’t weigh up to me. I think the 7800x3d will probably end up outclassing the 13700k when it comes to gaming in the long run.
Μy argument is if 2 cpus have very similar performance in games that don't require lots of cores, then surely the one that has more cores will do better in games that do. The 5950x is a bad example regardless cause of the cross ccd latency, it's not a great CPU for games that require lots of cores cause of the IF penalty.

Im already seeing 80-90% utilization on my 12900k in some games, like TLOU.. Check the below, this is @LtMatt simulated 7800x 3d, tuned and all, and this is my stock 12900k. We get similar performance (actually the 12900k is faster) I assume because of the extra cores on the intel part. We both are seeing some pretty high cpu utilization, 80+%. The 5800x 3d falls way behind both for the same reasons

Last edited:
Μy argument is if 2 cpus have very similar performance in games that don't require lots of cores, then surely the one that has more cores will do better in games that do. The 5950x is a bad example regardless cause of the cross ccd latency, it's not a great CPU for games that require lots of cores cause of the IF penalty.

Im already seeing 80-90% utilization on my 12900k in some games, like TLOU.. Check the below, this is @LtMatt simulated 7800x 3d, tuned and all, and this is my stock 12900k. We get similar performance (actually the 12900k is faster) I assume because of the extra cores on the intel part. We both are seeing some pretty high cpu utilization, 80+%

You see this where you continually go around in circles on purpose. Gaming performance between a 12900k and 7800X3D isn’t similar though is it... It’s not even close. PMSL

Last edited:
You see this where you continually go around on purpose. Gaming performance between a 12900k and 7800X3D isn’t similar though is it... It’s not even close. PMSL

Sure, check the videdos

I think it safe to say it’s unlikely Intel will be able to implement a technology it to compete with AMD’s 3D V-cache anytime soon. I think for at least the foreseeable future the DIY console market is pretty much all AMD from this point on.

Im already seeing 80-90% utilization on my 12900k in some games, like TLOU.. Check the below, this is @LtMatt simulated 7800x 3d, tuned and all, and this is my stock 12900k. We get similar performance (actually the 12900k is faster) I assume because of the extra cores on the intel part. We both are seeing some pretty high cpu utilization, 80+%. The 5800x 3d falls way behind both for the same reasons

Worth noting that my performance was tested at game launch, performance has improved since then thanks to game updates so probably not a fair comparison.

Given the choice, I'd still prefer a 7800X3D over an Intel 13700K all day long, it's just a faster gaming CPU overall which is all I'd be personally be interested in.

Last edited:
Worth noting that my performance was tested at game launch, performance has improved since then thanks to game updates so probably not a fair comparison.

Given the choice, I'd still prefer a 7800X3D over an Intel 13700K all day long, it's just a faster gaming CPU overall which is all I'd be personally be interested in.
I didn't post the videos to see which one is better, just to show that the extra cores do make a difference in some games. Needless to say the 13700k is faster than my 12900k as well.

I think it’s certain the 3DX parts will continue to gain performance over the medium term as more developers tune to take advantage of fast large pools cache and SMT.

I didn't post the videos to see which one is better, just to show that the extra cores do make a difference in some games. Needless to say the 13700k is faster than my 12900k as well.
Yeah there will be some niche scenarios as we know in which that is true, but it involves certain games, settings and a 4090 for the most part.
I think it’s certain the 3DX parts will continue to gain performance over the medium term as more developers tune to take advantage of fast large pools cache and SMT.
Imagine if VCache ends up in a console... :)

The beauty of cache is that you don't have to specifically optimize the game to take advantage of it, but of course, you can do that for additional performance gains. On the other hand, for cores or parallelization, it requires a lot of effort, and you can't parallelize everything. One core will always handle the majority of the workload, while smaller tasks can be distributed across the cores. 8 cores will be sufficient for years, and when they become insufficient, the current processors will likely be too weak anyway. However, even in that case, having a large amount of cache will make a much bigger difference.

The 13700k is 50% faster in MT performance while consuming same watts as the 7800x 3d. The extra cores will definitely make it age better in games compared to the 7800x 3d with it's 8 cores, 8 cores belong in 2020.
Mods - Bencher trolling again with incorrect information.

7800X3D is hugely more efficient than the 13700k at stock. Performance wise they trade blows in productivity, while the 7800X3D is the faster gaming CPU. Here are actual numbers from the techpowerup review

v2XsgCr.png

xzekreQ.png

7800X3D is hugely more efficient than the 13700k at stock. Performance wise they trade blows in productivity, while the 7800X3D is the faster gaming CPU. Here are actual numbers from the techpowerup review

v2XsgCr.png

xzekreQ.png

Cool story bro, "trade blows". The 3d trades blows with the i5 12600k, chill man

blender.png

Last edited:

Hmm, so if Bencher is trolling with incorrect information why are you doing the same as him by giving incorrect information about productivity. I have both CPU's and at stock the 13700K across the piste is closer to the 7800X3D in gaming than the 7800X3D is to the 13700K in productivity. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Arrow Lake engineering sample benchmarks appear. It's not known what version of the engineering sample it is nor what clock speeds it ran at.

in the benchmarks, the arrow lake cpu appeared in single core show scores that were 6% to 21% higher than a 13900k. There is a GPU benchmark as well forbthe iGPU and it's score was 240% higher than the 13900k

Last edited:
Arrow Lake engineering sample benchmarks appear. It's not known what version of the engineering sample it is nor what clock speeds it ran at.

in the benchmarks, the arrow lake cpu appeared in single core show scores that were 6% to 21% higher than a 13900k. There is a GPU benchmark as well forbthe iGPU and it's score was 240% higher than the 13900k

Ιt's for laptops, right? They can't put the Iris XE into desktop CPUs, can they?

Hmm, so if Bencher is trolling with incorrect information why are you doing the same as him by giving incorrect information about productivity. I have both CPU's and at stock the 13700K across the piste is closer to the 7800X3D in gaming than the 7800X3D is to the 13700K in productivity. :rolleyes:
The 13700k is definitely much faster (I think its up to 60-70% faster in something like cbr23), but also consumes much more power in productivity out of the box. The more valid question is, with both set at let's say 80-100 watts or whatever limit, which one is faster? Im really curious, is the 3d and zen 4 in general actually as efficient as people claim?

Last edited:
Cool story bro, "trade blows". The 3d trades blows with the i5 12600k, chill man

blender.png

In the roundup of productivity tests, yes they trade blows, though Intel uses over double the power to do so and thus is hugely inefficient. Stop trolling, it's not even funny any more.

ejY8jXn.png

In the roundup of productivity tests, yes they trade blows, though Intel uses over double the power to do so and thus is hugely inefficient. Stop trolling, it's not even funny any more.

ejY8jXn.png
In the chart you just posted the 7800x 3d loses (barely, but still) to the 12700k. How can it possibly trade blows with the 13700k if it can't even beat last gens i7? In fact, it loses to the 12700k, it loses to the 13600k, and it loses to the 12900k.. The 13700k is faster than all of those. Rofl

Does the 13400f trade blows with the 7800x 3d? Cause the 7800x 3d is as much faster from the 13400f as the 13700k is from the 7800x 3d. Stop trolling man

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom