• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

Soldato
OP
Looks like only 6 games are supported atm - so it's a bit like dlss started out

If Intel intend to stick with it it will take a long time to proliferate and become a must have or a competitive advantage to amd

Of course AMD has room to do the same thing and I hope they do - we already know Windows sucks thread scheduling, not just on Intel and so its logical to think AMD Ryzen CPUs must be loosing some performance as well because of this and it could be corrected if AMD creates its own CPU thread management game profiles

It's much less of an advantage for AMD, as only the X3D CPU's with some cores lacking the cache would benefit. Currently it's only the 7900X3D and 7950x3d.

For Intel, it benefits all CPU's with E cores, of which the majority of the CPU's feature, including i9, i7, i5 etc.

Speaking as an owner of a 7950X3D, the chipset drivers already do a good job of moving games onto the CCX with the cache, so you could say AMD already have some of this tech.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's much less of an advantage for AMD, as only the X3D CPU's with some cores lacking the cache would benefit. Currently it's only the 7900X3D and 7950x3d.

For Intel, it benefits all CPU's with E cores, of which the majority of the CPU's feature, including i9, i7, i5 etc.

Speaking as an owner of a 7950X3D, the chipset drivers already do a good job of moving games onto the CCX with the cache, so you could say AMD already have some of this tech.

This, its already built in to the chip-set drivers, has been for years. AMD simply treats it as a necessity, not an after thought that can then be marketed as a feature once realized.

Last edited:
Soldato
Intel's is also built into the chipset driver and yet custom game profiles still results in double digit performance gains. I believe Intel's APO profiles are a bit more complex than just "put game thread on CPU core 1", "put background on CPU core 12" etc and we can actually prove this because so far no one has been able to replicate APO game performance by manually setting core affinity or by playing around with which cores are on or off

now that we have tools to really look inside cpu and GPU busy, we can actually identify the exact point in time that a single frame becomes CPU bottleneck and then build a profile that changes the behaviour to combat that scenario and by analysing enough game frametime data we can resolve all or most of the frame spikes and thus significantly improve minimum framerates

Last edited:
Associate
Wonder if APO will be extended to the 12/13/14-600K’s or if it’s dependant on core count. At the moment it’s only for the 14700K/14900K’s.

Last edited:
Soldato
Intel still struggling to hit 6Ghz on all 8 large/P-cores:

5.9Ghz, so close! Using a lot of voltage as well...

I suppose Arrow Lake will take all the glory, by being the first CPUs to reach 6Ghz all core. And hopefully, the Ryzen 8000 series will as well.

For AMD though, I think they need to focus on improving IPC, more than clockrate.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Intel still struggling to hit 6Ghz on all 8 large/P-cores:

5.9Ghz, so close! Using a lot of voltage as well...

I suppose Arrow Lake will take all the glory, by being the first CPUs to reach 6Ghz all core. And hopefully, the Ryzen 8000 series will as well.

For AMD though, I think they need to focus on improving IPC, more than clockrate.

Right, you only push the clock rates if you can't improve IPC.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Yes Gigabyte also went beyond AMD's specifications of the SoC voltage but no where near as far as Asus, as a result Asus was the primary culprit of it.

What about MSI / Asrock / Biostar (Granted we don't see these in the UK) which all had examples of this? However, mainly an Asus issue there seemed to be a lot of BIOS updates from other makes for example MSI https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/12x5uaq/new_am5_series_motherboard_bios_implement_cpu/

I guess Asus must be the primary culprit for a CPU going pop on an Asrock board :cry:

Back
Top Bottom