15k family (a bit of poke) car

15k Doesn't really get you much these days.

For me it would be a 530D estate. You might just get into

If you desperately need 7 seats don't waste your time with an SUV. Get a VAN or MPV.

Ford S-Max is 7 seats. Available with the Focus ST engine too.

Mrs didn't like them I'm afraid.

Currently on the train to the kodiaq!

Are you really sure you'll use 7 seats? If you had a family of 6 then obviously you would, but just wanting 7 seats because it 'might be nice' means you are going to seriously limit your choice of car for a feature you may end up not really using.

The 7 seats are handy, I have a Kodiaq and they come into use every now and then but don't inhibit space when not in use as the Kodiaq has a completely flat boot floor that is level with the boot lip and 2nd seat row when folded. The boot on the Kodiaq is also massive and still useable even with all 7 seats up, however the rear seats are only really suitable for smaller people but the 2nd row can be moved forward to accommodate larger people if you need to.

left field choices but..

honda odyssey - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/29645544...R5eV/2UktYKXM9BQhMc5kbsQ==|tkp:Bk9SR4aM-vemZA

toyota vellfire https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12657191...JbddbWdzFmkadEGxe5ElsPNQ==|tkp:Bk9SR7jLgPimZA

nissan elgrand - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/39552500...aXYONPDOB9GKZpkuAbLC0iL+1k|tkp:Bk9SR4jChPimZA

good amounts of kit, loads of space, reliable, unique/interesting and plenty of cash left for child seats.

I'd rather own any of the above than a boring skoda that just looks like it'll drain your life out of you lol.

you had me until the last part :p

I think we can all agree a minivan will drain the life out of you.

In the plus side, it wouldn’t look out of place with some taxi plates if you get short of cash.

an s-max yeah, dead.

a vellfire or odyssey is at least interesting as you rarely see them around here.

So I picked up a Kodiaq SEL 2.0 TSI that I linked earlier. The dealers were really helpful throughout the whole process and even got me from the station. Drove 186miles back home on the lovely M1 50mph that got me 44mpg.

The power delivery was fine - it will be interesting with the family in the car tomorrow.

We also have a full car trip (7people) on Monday that would have never happened!

oDZ9mVr.jpg

So only took 5 days for someone to hit me whilst stationary on the M4!

Luckily they would like to settle privately but what a headache!

Question about the bumper respray - does it really need blending with the rear quarters? Damage is in the middle.

ZxLlgsr.jpeg

Question about the bumper respray - does it really need blending with the rear quarters? Damage is in the middle.
Probably doesn’t need a full body shop repair a SMART repair should sort it. You’re looking at about £200 ish on average but get some quotes from local SMART repairers.

If you can manage with 5 seats a Model 3 is definitely a great option for fast, fun and good luggage space.

Plus near zero running costs so you could spend a bit more on the car.

0–60 in 4.5 seconds and £5 for a full tank of electrons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom