Associate
lol ^

These diets are ****ing hilarious.

Don't see whats that funny?

And your point is...?

The bottom line of your post (I've deleted the diet bit because it's meaningless) is: eat less crud and do more exercise. Most people should be able to grasp that content. I think the issue is that said populace are lazy and don't have the will power to self-motivate

because it's meaningless?

You'd think people would realise, but apparently not.
Yes apparently not.

I love the 'kick start the metabolism and lose 5lbs in a week' bit. Yeah just like the 4 and a bit lbs water weight in the first week of my cut
and then you loose body fat! That is correct

Heh, I lost a couple of pounds doing a wee this morning
And then a couple more with your verbal Diarrhea:rolleyes:

Wut

Do you have to put food in a formation too?

I quite like 4-4-2 tbh.
Read the post again.

The OP asked for advice on dieting for his wife, i have suggested a diet book not written or followed by me, but by my wife who also followed the "eat less crud and exercise more" plan which did not work for her, she followed this plan and had fantastic results.

Eat less crud and exercise is like saying "want to get big go to gym and lift big weight", doesnt work like that does it, following a structured wokout does.

There are a lot of silly fad diets out there that dont work, and of course not all diets work the same for everyone, this worked for my wife, i have proof sat here with me looking very nice:D
i can see this thread turning into handbags at dawn and silly responses like so many others so i will bow out now:p

Last edited:
Soldato
The OP asked for advice on dieting for his wife, i have suggested a diet book not written or followed by me, but by my wife who also followed the "eat less crud and exercise more" plan which did not work for her, she followed this plan and had fantastic results.

She obviously was still eating too much on the "eat less crud and exercise more" plan then, otherwise it would have worked just fine.

Soldato

and then you loose body fat! That is correct

Read the post again.

Eat less crud and exercise is like saying "want to get big go to gym and lift big weight", doesnt work like that does it, following a structured wokout does.

There are a lot of silly fad diets out there that dont work, and of course not all diets work the same for everyone, this worked for my wife, i have proof sat here with me looking very nice:D
i can see this thread turning into handbags at dawn and silly responses like so many others so i will bow out now:p

What's funny is people have to have everything spelled out infront of them with the addition of fancy 'phases' and rewards in order to lose weight when in actual fact all that's doing is making it more complicated.

Yes you do lose bodyfat after that, but losing 4lbs in a week isn't kick starting the metabolism. It's ****ing out a load of water due to change in diet.

Your wife obviously failed at eating less then or couldn't be bothered to work out how much she was actually eating. Eating less and exercising more to lose weight isn't a 'plan', it's basic science.

Actually it kind of does work like that, except it's eat more and lift big weight.

Don
Because are you going to spend the rest of your life on that diet? Ultimately if you want to keep fit and healthy you need to sort out your diet regardless if you use a "diet program" to lose weight, otherwise you just put the weight back on when you come off them. It's a permanant lifestyle change you need to make, not a short term diet fix.

Caporegime
ATEOTD if you lose weight you lose weight, doesn't really matter how you do it.

3Yyyz

Soldato
Buy a dog. A real one not a toy. A bloke I know bought a Collie and has lost 4 stone No diet changes just walking the dog. Imagine If he sorted his diet.

Or buy a horse then you can't afford to eat.

Associate
its not always about consuming less calories eat to litle and not regular your metabolism slows and the body will retain what ever it can as a basic rule calories in must equal expenditure to many = gain weight but if you calorie restrict to to low a levle you will slow your bodies ability to utilise what you put in effeeiciently

you have to educate your body to use what u put in properly.

also losing weight to quickly is not a good idea unless it hasd been suggested for medical reasons and it being properly monitored by health professionals

far to complicated an issue to explain all in great detail on a forum tbh but best get proper advice as you will get all sorts of contradicting advice from people who do not no any personal circumstances and what is best for her as an individual without a proper consultation etc

Associate
Because are you going to spend the rest of your life on that diet? Ultimately if you want to keep fit and healthy you need to sort out your diet regardless if you use a "diet program" to lose weight, otherwise you just put the weight back on when you come off them. It's a permanant lifestyle change you need to make, not a short term diet fix.

I maybe shouldnt have quoted from the book, but that is why he suggests four stages the first part to loose the weight quickly and safely the last being the stabilization phase, dieters can essentially eat whatever they want without gaining weight by following a few rules eating a healthy balenced diet and exercise, the book is not just a crash diet it, is a lifestyle change, i am the biggest sceptic around but i read the book and as i said it is a logical (not a Miracle) approach to loosing weight and keeping it off.

I myself have no simpathy for anyone who is fat and winges about it, i've always said if you dont put cake in the big hole in the front of your face and sit around on your arse then...
but i am naturaly slim:p

Last edited:
Soldato
People may laugh at the ambridge diet but I lost over 10 stone in less than a year on it and feel better than i ever have.

I'm sure you lost a lot more lean muscle mass than you would have if you hadn't of used a fad diet though. Nobody is saying these diets don't work for losing weight, doesn't mean they are healthy or a good way of doing it.

Back
Top Bottom