***1st March Internationals spoilers***

Man of Honour
Pigeon_Killer said:
The perfect way to finish off a top performance (Cole). Taking Beckham off really changed the game. We passed the ball around quicker rather than passing to Beckham and relying on his long passes.
We have a much better balance without Beckham.

Don
Gilly said:
Damn right.

And force Gerrard into that defensive midfield place or drop him for Carrick. We look a bit lost when he tried to compliment FF
Yea drop Gerrard for Carrick :rolleyes:. Even if it made sence it wouldn't happen as Sven bums Gerrard, Owen, Beckham and Rio

SCM

SCM

Associate
JohnnyG said:
Wales held Paraguay so at least they shouldn't be too much trouble, & Scotland got hammered by Switzerland so a good day all in all:)

Scotland+friendly international=guaranteed loss :p

As we haven't won one since we beat Australia years ago. Just don't know what it is about friendlies that frighten the team so much, as competitive games we seem to play better.

Ah well hopefully Walter learned something from it, hopefully to forget playing friendlies :p

SCM

Caporegime
If Liverpool don't get knocked out of the Champions League and FA cup soon, Gerrard will be too knackered to give 100% for England. I'd rather he put 100% in for Liverpool and was dropped for England and given a rest for the summer.

Man of Honour
BaZ87 said:
Yep thourght you would, well i would drop Lampard for Jenas :rolleyes:
Nothing to do with what you think mate, just what I think is best for the England team:)
King played one of the best games I've seen in the holding role, Lamps in front of him, J.Cole on the left & Becks (SWP preferred) on the right, if Lamps is injured Gerrard can have the advanced role:)

Don
JohnnyG said:
Nothing to do with what you think mate, just what I think is best for the England team:)
King played one of the best games I've seen in the holding role, Lamps in front of him, J.Cole on the left & Becks (SWP preferred) on the right, if Lamps is injured Gerrard can have the advanced role:)
Trust me Lampard would be dropped before Gerrard. Weather you like it or not Sven preffers Gerrard to Lampard. As for whats better for England, all Sven has to do is say to Gerrard to play as a holding player (he does it better than any other english player). All that has happened in the past is that there has been no clear instruction and Lampard and Gerrard have had to use there own judgement to decide who attacks and who defends at certain times.

Soldato
A very worthwhile friendly. We got to see a number of fringe players get a run out and Cole/Carrick/Crouch showed their worth.

England have got a real depth to them these days. I doubt we'll win the World Cup, but we've got as good a chance as anyone.

Perfectly. Its a light-hearted play on words at the guy's name and the way he plays. Grow up and take it easy.

That kind of remark gets people banned from White Hart Lane these days...

Back
Top Bottom