***1st March Internationals spoilers***

Don
JohnnyG said:
You really are a full of **** mate:)
King has already done a better job holding for England than anyone else I've seen in that position recently, that's a fact even Gerrard's dad would agree too, so he would be my choice above anyone else, simple really.
As for not bringing Lampard in to it, don't be a ****:)
With that statement proves that you know as much about football as the makers of footballers wives. Your sellecting a player for a World Cup side on the basis of one performance (which i dont remember) over a proven world class player. And again i never brought Lampard into anything, i was commenting on your comments!! Of which i have lost any respect i had for.

Don
lemonkettaz said:
who are the idiots that phone five live

some idiotic... pathetic comments from people that have no idea.

does my head in
JohnnyG just phoned in about putting King in the side ahead of Gerrard

Don
Marvt74 said:
Not really he is saying he'd rather have King in the particular role than Gerrard not that he wants to exclude Gerrard from the entire squad.
Thanks, but i did realise that for myself.

Don
Gilly said:
BaZ, refresh your memory on the forum rules please.
Which rule have i broken? The only rule i may have broken is the "no personal attack", which i think JohnnyG has offended more than i have.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gerrard cannot play the holding role well... how can you say he does? He's liverpools top scorer isn't he? Does he play that role for 'pool? No

Gerrard and Lampard are both class midfielders, they're just too similar and it doesn't work to play them together.

Anyway I'd rather see Carrick & Gerrard in the centre of Englands midfield, but it just doesn't seem right to have a player like Lampard on the bench!
King did play well that game but he can't hold a candle to Carrick in that position.

Man of Honour
You haven't quite broken it yet, thats why your posting priviliges haven't been removed.

First, at the top of the Sports forum there is a rules thread. In it you'll find words like respect. Second, at the top of the forum page you will see the letters F, A and Q. In here are the rules, you will also find similar words to respect in here, along with words like personal, attack and do not.

Chong Warrior said:
Gerrard cannot play the holding role... how can you say he does? He's liverpools top scorer isn't he? Does he play that role for 'pool? No
Oh he can definitely do it, and I'd prefer to see him there over anyone, but he has to be told to do it. He and Lamps as box-to-box doesn't work. He has to be told to hang back.

Don
Gilly said:
You haven't quite broken it yet, thats why your posting priviliges haven't been removed.

First, at the top of the Sports forum there is a rules thread. In it you'll find words like respect. Second, at the top of the forum page you will see the letters F, A and Q. In here are the rules, you will also find similar words to respect in here, along with words like personal, attack and do not.
Surely though that JohnnyG has offended more than myself. I claimed he spoke "Total crap", he said i was full of **** and that i talk rubbish

Don
Gilly said:
Oh he can definitely do it, and I'd prefer to see him there over anyone, but he has to be told to do it. He and Lamps as box-to-box doesn't work. He has to be told to hang back.
This was what i have been trying to explain.

Permabanned
So,assuming Owen is fit for the WC (he will be,he's had a good rest this season ;) ) who will be the 4th striker ,Bent or Defoe? I don't think either are up to it yet tbh,but i'd pick Defoe if its one or other.Just seems a bit more composed of the two.

I thought all our midfielders were quite poor tonight except Cole,but that was a lot down to how well Uruguay set their defence out.I was quite impressed with them til they threw the toys out of the pram in the last 10 minutes.

Permabanned
Chong Warrior said:
Gerrard cannot play the holding role well... how can you say he does? He's liverpools top scorer isn't he? Does he play that role for 'pool? No

Gerrard and Lampard are both class midfielders, they're just too similar and it doesn't work to play them together.

Anyway I'd rather see Carrick & Gerrard in the centre of Englands midfield, but it just doesn't seem right to have a player like Lampard on the bench!
King did play well that game but he can't hold a candle to Carrick in that position.

Pretty much what i was gonna post after reading the thread

Thanks for saving my poor G|mp stubs

Back
Top Bottom