***1st March Internationals spoilers***

Man of Honour
BaZ87 said:
Trust me Lampard would be dropped before Gerrard. Weather you like it or not Sven preffers Gerrard to Lampard. As for whats better for England, all Sven has to do is say to Gerrard to play as a holding player (he does it better than any other english player). All that has happened in the past is that there has been no clear instruction and Lampard and Gerrard have had to use there own judgement to decide who attacks and who defends at certain times.
Excellent, Im just saying what I'd like to see, not what Sven is definitely planning/thinking:)

Soldato
Fantastic result for Italy. great start too, two goals in ten minutes 4-1 :D Great to see Del Piero on the score sheet. Also Luca Toni can still knock them in for the Azzurri.
The new Italian Jersey looks awesome, have to get me one of those! :cool:

Coverage of the game on Bravo now if anyone is interested.

Don
JohnnyG said:
Excellent, Im just saying what I'd like to see, not what Sven is definitely planning/thinking:)
I would like to see Gary Nevile hit by a bus, but....
So you want Gerrard out of the team for footballing reasons or personal?

Man of Honour
BaZ87 said:
I would like to see Gary Nevile hit by a bus, but....
So you want Gerrard out of the team for footballing reasons or personal?
I don't want Gerrard out of the side at all, I want the best side for England. Gerrard just doesn't happen to be in the best side I'd like to see on the pitch, considering the players available:)

Don
Isn't the Jenas thing going a bit too far. Its only a bit of fun, im sure there are players getting much worse stick; liverpool fans calling Lampard Fat Frank. Some people will be more offended being called Fat than Gay. Its not that big a deal.

Don
JohnnyG said:
I don't want Gerrard out of the side at all, I want the best side for England. Gerrard just doesn't happen to be in the best side I'd like to see on the pitch, considering the players available:)
So you honestly think that King will do a better job as a holding midfielder than Gerrard would?

Don
JohnnyG if you honestly think that then your just another one of the many arm chair fans that either amazingly stupid biased or just say things to stand out. I hate Gary Nevile more than any other player there is but he is the best player in his posistion available, so he deserves to play. There is absolutely no comparison between Gerrard and King, even though Gerrard is naturally an attacking player he can play the holding role better than any other English player. Whenever Gerrard hasn't played England have struggled (im not saying when he has he has always played well). You take the Spain friendly Lampard was totally outplayed by Xavi and Xabi Alonso, im not saying that Gerrard would have played better football than them but he would have put his foot in and stop them playing, which Lampard didn't do.
JohnnyG you can argue that Lampard is better than Gerrard (even though i don't agree) but to say that King would do a better job that Gerrard really is a joke.

Soldato
BaZ87 said:
JohnnyG if you honestly think that then your just another one of the many arm chair fans that either amazingly stupid biased or just say things to stand out. I hate Gary Nevile more than any other player there is but he is the best player in his posistion available, so he deserves to play. There is absolutely no comparison between Gerrard and King, even though Gerrard is naturally an attacking player he can play the holding role better than any other English player. Whenever Gerrard hasn't played England have struggled (im not saying when he has he has always played well). You take the Spain friendly Lampard was totally outplayed by Xavi and Xabi Alonso, im not saying that Gerrard would have played better football than them but he would have put his foot in and stop them playing, which Lampard didn't do.
JohnnyG you can argue that Lampard is better than Gerrard (even though i don't agree) but to say that King would do a better job that Gerrard really is a joke.

:)

Man of Honour
Don't talk rubbish or try to bring Lampard in to it:)
King did the best job as a genuine holding player for England I've seen in recent years, Gerrard may have done the odd good job there for Liverpool, but who cares as that's irrelevant as it's England we're talking about.
I haven't seen Gerrard do a better job holding than King has for England, no-one has because it hasn't happened:)

Caporegime
Wouldn't it be better to start a new thread including the national side everyone supports, preferred squad and starting line-up rather than turn this thread in to another Lampard vs Gerrard debate? Just a thought :) My ratings for tonights game:

Robinson 7
Neville 7
Ferdinand 6
Terry 8
Bridge 7
Beckham 6
Gerrard 7
Carrick 8
Cole 9
Rooney 7
Bent 6
Carragher 7
Jenas 6
SWP 7
Defoe 6
Crouch 8

Don
JohnnyG said:
Don't talk rubbish or try to bring Lampard in to it:)
King did the best job as a genuine holding player for England I've seen in recent years, Gerrard may have done the odd good job there for Liverpool, but who cares as that's irrelevant as it's England we're talking about.
I haven't seen Gerrard do a better job holding than King has for England, no-one has because it hasn't happened:)
JohnnyG i never said you spoke rubbish in the other thread as some of your comments had a small amount of sence. But to say that King would do a better job than Gerrard is TOTAL CRAP. So your saying what Gerrard has done for Liverpool over 4-5 years has no relevence on his England posistion, but 1 good performance for King for England makes him the correct man for the job.
And i never brang Lampard into it, i was commenting on the small amount of validity your comments on the Lampard - Gerrard debate had.

Man of Honour
You really are a full of **** mate:)
King has already done a better job holding for England than anyone else I've seen in that position recently, that's a fact even Gerrard's dad would agree too, so he would be my choice above anyone else, simple really.
As for not bringing Lampard in to it, don't be a ****:)

Back
Top Bottom