2005 Canadian Grand Prix

Man of Honour
OP
When Louise asked if he has practiced with the pit stop speed limiter he replied that he's been imagining that it was her nipple and he's got to treat it a bit more gently. :D

Man of Honour
OP
Type_R said:
Lets hope BMW make a decent move, buy Sauber and start kicking some F1 greatness. As Williams obviously have not been able to extract the best from that awesome BMW engine.

Dunno - They're complaining about the amount of money they're having to spend on the current F1 engine.

Will they be content with spending $300-400million a year for maybe 3 years as an also ran team?

But - I'd rather see Sauber as a independant team and BMW bringing a new team in.

Simon/~Flibster

Associate
Who else is there to suply engines to Williams though? I can't imagine Ferrari as a Williams supplier, Honda have ploughed so much investment into the BAR team that they would be unlikely to supply another, surely? Who realistically is there? Cosworth?

olv

olv

Soldato
haha jenson sounds hopeful "So you think you can win?" "Well, err, ummm, i don't want to get anyones hopes up" positive!

Man of Honour
OP
//Mike said:
Who else is there to suply engines to Williams though? I can't imagine Ferrari as a Williams supplier, Honda have ploughed so much investment into the BAR team that they would be unlikely to supply another, surely? Who realistically is there? Cosworth?

Cosworth, Toyota, Mercedes

Toyota seems to the the most likely - however would toyota like to be beaten by another team running their engines? I don't think so.

Mercedes....pfffft.. :D

Only other option is Cosworth - which to me is the sensible option - they would be the only top team running them which would mean devoted development for them.

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
I can see this race being a fun-filled strange-fest of incident after incident... Yay!

I'm hoping for a Montoya victory, but I'm wanting strong performances from Sato, Hedifeld and the Minardi team! :D
Only 10 minutes left, yay!

Man of Honour
There are strong rumours of contact between Williams and Toyota already but, as you say, I would think it's unlikely that Toyota would want to get beaten by a customer team.

Cosworth is an interesting option but funding is going to be a real issue, with no works Ford backing it's going to take some serious fundraising on William's behalf. Having said that where would Petronas stand on a Sauber/BMW works deal, could they be tempted to take their finances to Williams? Mind you small budgets never stopped Hart or Judd...

Man of Honour
OP
//Mike said:
Cowsworth haven't made a particularly competitive engine in the past few years though. I suppose all that goes out the window with the introduction of the V8s, will have to wait and see.

This years is pretty damn good.

It's meant to be within 10bhp and 10kg's of the top engines. Also - reliability.

olv said:
when are they switching to v8s? will they still be the same 3 litre capacity?

Next year the V8's come in - 2.4l capacity.

However restricted V10's can be run instead.

rpstewart said:
There are strong rumours of contact between Williams and Toyota already but, as you say, I would think it's unlikely that Toyota would want to get beaten by a customer team.

Cosworth is an interesting option but funding is going to be a real issue, with no works Ford backing it's going to take some serious fundraising on William's behalf. Having said that where would Petronas stand on a Sauber/BMW works deal, could they be tempted to take their finances to Williams? Mind you small budgets never stopped Hart or Judd...

Thing is - BMW have a contract with Williams for next year - will they give them V8's or 10's

So would it be in place of next years contact or from 2007 onwards?

Back
Top Bottom